PDA

View Full Version : Pricing and still debating

Skarlet13
11-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Hello:

I am still debating between a Yaris HB 4 dr LE and a Civic. I have a few questions.

1. How much can I expect to pay for one "all in". This would include tax, PDI etc.

2. Dealer wants to sell me the showroom car. Should I not get a brand new car from the factory? Granted, no one has driven the car but is this not strange???? She says there will be a few kms on it due to need to fill it up with gas etc, but I already see that the tires are dirty so must have been driven already.

3. I am struggling with the Yaris vs. Civic debate. I love the Yaris because it's so cute, but it's very close to the CIvic in price. Not sure how to get past this mentally....I'm stuck on it, but prefer the look of the Yaris HB. Help!!!

4. How is the Yaris in the winter? Tires look awfully small.

Skarlet13
11-22-2006, 11:47 PM
One more question for those of you in Canada (I'm in Toronto). How far below MSRP were you able to negotiate? Did you have to pay any other fees beside Freight, PDI and Gst and pst?

bigsky2
11-23-2006, 05:20 PM
The dealer I went to sells vehicles at MSRP price only. There's no room for negotiation, unless you are familar with the staff.

Those are the only fees that I am aware of.

If you want to price your Toyota, I say go to Toyota's website and customize your vehicle. IT will give you the exact final price that you are expected to pay if you are paying it with cash/cheque, and or a break down of the total finance/lease cost for the term.

I prepared my vehicle like this, printed out the quote, and presented it to my dealer who ordered a vehicle to my exact specs. Vehicle arrived about 3 weeks thereafter.

Note: If you are a university or college grad, you are eligible for $500 off the purchase price if your school is on Toyota's eligible list. You just have to send them a copy of your degree or diploma.

palsan
11-23-2006, 07:17 PM
One more question for those of you in Canada (I'm in Toronto). How far below MSRP were you able to negotiate? Did you have to pay any other fees beside Freight, PDI and Gst and pst?

Try using the APA service.
http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?SectionID=2

With the membership ($65) they will give you up to 5 quotes.
I used this service when buying my 05 Sienna and the 07 Yaris. The prices they quote are bang on. You are not likely to find a better deal. When negotiating both the Sienna and Yaris, the salesman looked surprised and asked how I came up with my starting bids - $500 below the APA price for the Sienna and $250 below for the Yaris. In both cases my "take it or leave it price" was $250 above the APA price and they took it.

For the Yaris I was able to get about $900 off MSRP including all taxes. I bought a 3dr hatch with the "C package" (automatic, air conditioning, ABS, etc) plus winter mats, block heater, and 6 disc MP3 upgrade. To get it within a week I had to settle for the silver - to get the colour I wanted - Bayou Blue - I would have had to wait for a "while".

IllusionX
11-23-2006, 11:32 PM
selling you the showroom car is not strange. tires are dirty because most of the cars are left in a dirty space.

mine was covered with mud, the detailing guy took 6hours to clean my car when they received it.

my dealer got the car at 9km, and i took delivery at 13km. it's not so bad, as my echo had 93km when it was delivered.

showroom one is just one from the lot they took and put it there, and usually are just any other ones that can be sold as "new" with very few km. those that are sold as DEMO are the ones that been drive a few thousand km from test driving.
sometimes, they lend showroom ones to salesmen, but they don't come back in the showroom. those usually have 10 000km or more put on and cannot be sold as "new" anymore..

uncleyaris
11-29-2006, 09:35 PM
I to looked at the civic. xure nice car, car of the year, but$... i wanted a copue dsg i believe and couldn't get it for 23000 ON THE ROAD STICK with wheel covers and igot my yaris with air for 17600 on the road. you compare.

Toki
04-18-2007, 07:24 PM
so what is the price I should expect for the fully loaded 3 dr model.

900 off MRSP with tax? can u clarify on that?