PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I just picked up my new L/B 5-speed Yaris

ultimatehipster
11-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi all!!! I'm siked to have found this forum! I have been so stressed waiting for my Yaris to arrive, since end of August when I first put a deposit down.

I actually got it "early", the day b4 Turkey Day... after various time frames given by my awesome salesman (never thought I would love a car salesman!!). Seems Toyota leaves their dealers in the dark a bit when it comes to ordering/availability and time frames! But he was great and called as soon as he heard stuff. In the end they traded for the one I drove home that has just what I ordered.

My Bayou Blue 5-speed L/B has the all weather and power pkgs, which includes the convenience pkg..... remote keyless entry, rear bumper protector, carpeted floor mats, and a anti-theft system.... I love it so much!!!

total = 14,110
plus registration - 395.00 and inspection 29.00

final overall cost = $14,534.00

I'm only at 145 miles and still getting used to the clutch!!! I've always driven sticks and I would think after 20 years of it I would get the hang of this one!

Anyway... if anyone's waiting, it's worth it!!! I've only seen a red yaris l/f once and a few white and silver ones.

ECHOKnight2000
11-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Congrats you got lucky! Pictures!:thumbup:

KittenRD
11-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Congrats! I found out I am getting mine on December 15th after ordering August 15th.

ultimatehipster
11-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Nice! You must be siked!

festrca
11-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Congrats on your new LB...I can still remember what it was like when I got mine in September and I still am having a blast. Also don't feel bad about your initial awkwardness with the 5 speed. I have been driving stick since 1973 (except for the last year and a half) and owned maybe eight vehicles with sticks and the Yaris for some reason took me a l-o-n-g time to get adept with shifting due to that clutch. But at 4100 miles it is a delight!

Lowfront
11-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Congrats on the new car, I'm really falling for the LB's.

ultimatehipster
11-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks festrca... that relaxes me to know that! I was starting to think I would never adjust... now if I could just find a way to get my accelerator foot comfy when on the highway. I never used cruise control in my last car but would really like it now. Anyone else have issues with the gas pedal and comfort as well as how easily it can be depressed? I am trying to find out if an adjustment can be made to make the pedal tighter and harder to depress?????????????????

ultimatehipster
11-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. :) I cannot believe it but I am the one that put the first "ding" in my car! I was trying to be so careful in the garage and I screwed myself up and closed the garage door on it. I wanted to scream!!! Now there are two small cuts in the fender, right before the damn guard I had put on.

SailDesign
02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
How come you all had to wait so long?
I walked into a dealership with a POS Honduh wagon that was falling apart, and drove out 2 hours later with a new 5-speed LB, AbsRed, no problem.
Woo-hoo (or something like that)

sam07yaris
02-21-2007, 10:19 PM
hey saildesign, want to meet up to check each other's cars out? lol

i saw another yaris owner today, i think it was dark grey color but he checked my car out and actually looked at my headlights lol. I was in mcdonalds but he went into another store, i guess he was about to wait and ask about them. :)

sambo42xa
02-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Congrad's on your new wheels...but please do not ask what kind of oil to put in, or which is the best and at how many miles should you change it etc..... Cause if you do..................I guess I will have to fucking SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

sambo42xa
Southern, NH

SailDesign
02-24-2007, 04:24 PM
hey saildesign, want to meet up to check each other's cars out? lol

If you think I'm gonna let your car sniff my car's butt - think again!