Jahbs
05-31-2010, 05:45 AM
Alpine CDA 117E
Alpine SPS600
Cresendo Opus 3
Rockford R500-1
Rockford R300-4
Alpine SWS 1243D
Yaris Facial Kit (need a new facial for 1 Din head unit as normal pocket didn want to fit)
Dynamatted Entire doors and boot (sounds like they were filled with concrete hahaha)

*Pics coming soon*

Jahbs
05-31-2010, 05:46 AM
budget is fairly open atm want to keep it all under 2k preferably tho

AND189
05-31-2010, 08:08 AM
pissing in the wind mate it is hard to get good sound out of a car best bet is stick with a good brand pioneer ect and get jb hifi to install

yarrr
05-31-2010, 11:57 AM
it is hard to get good sound out of a car

just curious, if that's your opinion, why do you reply to car audio threads?

Its easy to get good sound out of a car. Its a little harder to get AMAZING sound, but still easy, especially with this kind of budget.

$2k, lots of bass but still SQ, *waits for talnlanky or sqcomp*

rob323
06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
DLS Or Peerless splits, head unit with crossover control, eq and digital delays, 12" Exodus Shiva sub in a sealed box and small 2 ch amp for fronts and large 2ch or mono amp for sub. Should easily get it under $2k and crap on alot of "one brand" systems. :biggrin:

1NZYaris1
06-01-2010, 07:48 PM
DLS Or Peerless splits, head unit with crossover control, eq and digital delays, 12" Exodus Shiva sub in a sealed box and small 2 ch amp for fronts and large 2ch or mono amp for sub. Should easily get it under $2k and crap on alot of "one brand" systems. :biggrin:

not Bad for a Rally Driver :thumbup:

rob323
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
My audio hobby still consumes as much money as my rallying hobby although I prefer playing with diy, multi-channel, fully active, home speakers these days instead of car sound.

Jahbs
06-14-2010, 03:16 AM
yeah as for DIY i wouldn have a clue where to start hahaha

as for the 12" Exodus Shiva sub i have had some friends use these and claim they weren't that good compared to similar price subs (heavy bass but poor sound quality)

Alpine CDA-117E
Alpine SPS-600C front splits
Alpine rear coaxials
Rockford R300-4
Rockford monoblock
Alpine type S subwoofer
Yinmao 4ga amp kit
Dynamat extreme bulk pack

i got offered all this including installation with a custom box for the sub (i listened to the standard box and the custom and there was a BIG difference) with a custom boot design with floating amp racks tried a few of the bigger stores and got quoted around $5000 all up including labor but they were only going to sound deaden around the speakers and that was it but i just spoke with a friend and going to have it all done for around $3000 but sound deadening the entire doors and boot etc using up the entire box of dynamat from ADI audio in Perth

checked out a few other of the cars he is working on and some of the show cars he has done they are pretty hot hahaha even won a couple of awards and such guess im done with this then will post pics when its all done

rob323
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
:biggrin: Throw one of these puppies in the back (once the next shipment arrives):
http://www.affordabledrivers.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_19_9&products_id=1

Better sensitivity than The Alpine but put it an undersized sealed enclosure and eq it to suit what power/ headroom you have available.

I have two of these at home at the moment being used as bass drivers in a pair of open baffle speakers, crossed over at 450 Hz. For the money and considering they are being used in an application that they were never designed nor suited for, their sound quality is astounding.

Or if you want to go real loud, but not sub 30Hz, look at high sensitivity pro-sound drivers.

I have never really like Alpine drivers (they don't even make them themselves) and always found better quality for less $$ from other manufacturers such as Peerless, Morel, Dynaudio etc and I'm sure there are a lot more out there now since I got out of the game.

AND189
06-16-2010, 10:04 AM
just curious, if that's your opinion, why do you reply to car audio threads?

Its easy to get good sound out of a car. Its a little harder to get AMAZING sound, but still easy, especially with this kind of budget.

$2k, lots of bass but still SQ, *waits for talnlanky or sqcomp*

mate he was asking opinion i said what i did if you have a problem then thats your problem, you would not know good sound if it slapped you on the face

Jahbs
06-19-2010, 12:15 AM
thanx for the replies guys as for installers JB hifi's guys seem to not know anything lol and well they are expensive anyway ive got everything purchased and i get my car back end of today will post up some pics later

thanx again :)