PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Echo or Scion Xa/Xb for aftermarket HU receiver kit?

ceboyd
11-28-2006, 11:27 AM
So I've read here that people have been using the Echo and Xb or Xa pockets for their receiver Kit.

I went on to read that the Echo kit requires some modification but that the Xa/Xb one is a perfect it.

I saw there is a Metro kit specific for the Yaris but also specific for Scion Xa/Xb

..so logic tells me that the Scion kit is a better fit...

I wanted to go the crutchfield route but they don't specificly carry any single din receiver kit for the 2007 Yaris

..BUT they list 2 different options for Echo vs. Scion.

The 2005 Echo lists Receiver Kit 003TOYK975

The 2007 Scion Xa/Xb Receiver Kit is 003TOYK969

My question goes to those of you who have gone with either the Echo or Scion kit.

Have either of you gone with the crutchfield unit?

I'm anxious to hear feedback on the receiver kits.

Thanks in advance everyone

BTW: crutchfield lists any of the 3 vehicles with the same receiver harness part number 120701761 (for Scion, Echo or Yaris) so I know I'm o.k. there if I order kit for any of the 3 vehicles...

bigsky2
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Please see the sticky:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1523

American International produces multi vehicle kit - # TOY K969
Make absolutely sure that the kit includes brackets that will fit the Yaris as this part number is carried over from a previous kit that AI made for the just Scion xA, xB, tC. The "new" TOY K969 kits include brackets for the Yaris Hatchback, Yaris Sedan, and FJ Cruiser. Fitment is perfect.

Metra also makes a kit for the Yaris Hatchback & Sedan # 99-8216
Fitment is also perfect.

Note: these are Single/1-DIN kits

barryware
11-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Be careful where you get the American International kit from. I bought the correct one but it did not come with the Yaris brackets. I butched it in anyway and I could not get some of the dash trim panels to fit perfect because the radio mount stuck out a bit too far.

I not bashing American International. I just bought from the wrong vendor that sold be an OLD kit.

Replaced it with the Metra and now it is perfect.

ceboyd
11-28-2006, 04:33 PM
hmmm.. I wonder how I can find out from Crutchfield if their TOY K969 kit is NEWER or older ????

bigsky2
11-28-2006, 06:17 PM
See if someone from Crutchfield can grab one of the AI TOY K969 kits, and check the label on the packaging and the contents too.

The label should clearly state SCION XA, XB, TC, YARIS 06-07, FJ CRUISER 07+.

spkrman
11-28-2006, 07:47 PM
yep, you can get the "yaris" kit, no need to get a kit "specifically" for something else.

I'm on the southside of chi, let me know if you need someone to install it :)

johnnyfive
11-29-2006, 10:16 AM
give crutchfield a call, they are suposed to have excelent customer service ;)

ceboyd
12-08-2006, 02:13 PM
interesting because for the FJ Cruiser is a totally different kit mentioned by crutchfield.. go figure