PDA

View Full Version : Evil Auto Electronic Power System Controller

dngz
12-04-2006, 01:23 AM
okay, i read about this product in a magazine (Modified, Oct 06) about this Evil Auto EPS Controller!

DESCRIPTION:
This product is an Energy Regulater that stabilizes the entire vehicle's electrical system and by doing so optimizes fuel consumption, vehicle drivabiltiy and hp/tq output.

FEATURES:
-suitable for all types of vehicles and batteries including 6, 12, 18, 24 volt systems
-built-in anti-polarization device eliminates battery shock effect. When the battery has a sudden drop in voltage the EPS Power Controller will eliminate it and stabilize the system much quicker.
-red indicator light lets you know when the system is on and functional
-saves fuel (about 10% according to Evil Auto Style)
-extends battery life

RESULTS:
-tested on 2005 chevy cobalt SS
2.0 DOHC Supercharged Ecotec Inline-4 with no mods.
-+3 WHP, +5 TQ

Here comes the cool part.. went online to check it out. when tested on Scion xB
http://hpautoworks.chainreactionweb.com/images/newevil%20copy.jpg

What do u guys think?? oh yea, its $240 US i think

eTiMaGo
12-04-2006, 01:30 AM
hahah lol it's just a grounding kit with stabilizer, nothing more.

Those horespower claims are dubious at best, remember that "up to" also includes 0 :wink:

There are some positive effects on the electrical systems, such as the reduction of voltage drops under heavy load, and so on.

Anyway save yourself a lot of money, go look in the Classifieds section for Chris07LB's grounding kit. It does not have a voltage stabilizer, though, so if you need one, hit up eBay for some.

07WYarisRS
12-04-2006, 02:12 AM
If it is friction caused by wind how do they see a gain on a dyno?

Yeah I'll tell you my kit will give you UP to 15HP is that's what you want to hear...

Fact is you can't believe everything you read in the product adds.
IF you want a "no bullshit" grounding kit, no frills, not flashing lights, no blowing smoke up your ass about HP gains or how it will make you car keep up with a V6 etc etc. I can hook you up with a reasonable kit.
If flash and bling is what you want I'm sure there is someone on ebay willing to sell you a kit for 2X ~ 3X what it's worth.

RossP
12-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Only thing like that that i'd put on my car would be a Buddy Club Condensor

the_saint
12-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Looks like a can of beer with a couple of wires coming out of it. lol

eTiMaGo
12-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Looks like a can of beer with a couple of wires coming out of it. lol

hmmm beer powered car! :laugh:

bigsky2
12-04-2006, 07:39 PM
It's pretty much a stiffening capacitor plus a few wires.

Hurting, absolutely hurting.

Ran Kizama
12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
HKS has a grounding kit out now too. May be worth checking out, but I doubt it's worth the money they'll ask for it.

bigsky2
12-04-2006, 07:57 PM
HKS grounding kit, yes I have seen this.

Only difference b/w the HKS and a generic manufactured or a home made kit is the wire sheath/jacket.. it's purple and says HKS on it!