PDA

View Full Version : WR RAM AIR KIT

dngz
12-04-2006, 11:42 PM
okay.. so i got my intake and ram air kit today... hmm... where do i place the ram air scoop?? there is no place where i can get air flowing into it unless i start cutting away from my bumper!

vodkalush
12-04-2006, 11:43 PM
pics? next to somthing so we can all gauge its actual size... :smile:

dngz
12-04-2006, 11:50 PM
umm i can try and take a pic now, but it's dark... brb gimme 5-10 mins

Nutzoids
12-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Where did you get the Ram Air Kit from??

:evil:

dngz
12-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Weapon-R

dngz
12-05-2006, 12:20 AM
pm me for pics... damn... this one is a toughy..

Violin
12-05-2006, 06:47 AM
Call the seller?

riceboy
12-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Silly q.. but didn't it come w/ instructions??

ism3t
12-05-2006, 08:28 AM
im in the same boat, didnt bother with the ram air kit. from the instructions it says it must be mounted to the front bumper, and it has to be accessible in order to put the little plastic cover on the front for when the roads are wet. from my understanding the only reason you would want to install and use the ram air kit is to get the most out of your engine and for it to only be used on a DRY TRACK, not for daily driving. Also the guy at my shop says it has to be mounted on the outside...and last time i was in my garage looking at my stock bumper..there isn't a place on it for it to be mounted save one of the fog light ports. my c-one bumper on the other hand..plenty of room everywhere, however I opted not to have a big rectangle of black uglying(ugleeing? i dunno) up the front end of my yarvitz. the sound and power you get from the intake is enough to give even the common driver a chubby, just be happy with that, and also, leo hooked us up with the ram kit for free, so its not like your missing out on anything you paid for.

punch
12-05-2006, 09:18 AM
okay.. so i got my intake and ram air kit today... hmm... where do i place the ram air scoop?? there is no place where i can get air flowing into it unless i start cutting away from my bumper!

behind the grill in front of the rad?

dngz
12-05-2006, 10:05 AM
behind the grill in front of the rad is hard. it's very very tight... ill post pics when i tonight

CASTREX
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
The ram air kit is NOT a custom aplication for the Yaris. Is more like an extra bonus in case your car has a spot to place it. Never the less I remember a PM from WRleo were he said that there was a place to install it on the Yaris. Some should ask him.

Galavoxx
12-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I got mine and was also thinking behind he left fog light cover. Then I started worrying about rain. How did all of those muscle cars with hood scoops avoid sucking water?

punch
12-05-2006, 12:54 PM
I got mine and was also thinking behind he left fog light cover. Then I started worrying about rain. How did all of those muscle cars with hood scoops avoid sucking water?

the scoops face the opposite direction! and the ones that face forward are not driven in the rain.

Galavoxx
12-05-2006, 01:12 PM
the scoops face the opposite direction! and the ones that face forward are not driven in the rain.

Even facing rearwards, it seems like those old scoops would suck at least some moisture. Positioning the ram-air tube low enough on the car should give the same effect as turning the scoop to the back. Water doesn't travel upwards very easily. No? :iono:

Katana
12-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Any pics yet?

dngz
12-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Pics as promised

dngz
12-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Yea, maybe I will only use the ram air kit going on a dry track. I was thinking about mounting the ram air kit right behind the fan cuz hell, the fan isnt there to block air flow, it's there to increase air flow.. but only problem is, i live in vancouver. we get blessed by a lot of liquid sunshine. Their is a cover to place over the ram air scoop when it rains but it's gonna be difficult take it on and off everytime.

I think i will just install the ram air kit right behind the fan with the cover. If i ever go on track, ill just have to cram in there and take off the cover.

Oh yea, before i put it behind the fan... that lil scoop behind it aint gonna really make my car overheat faster will it??

punch
12-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh yea, before i put it behind the fan... that lil scoop behind it aint gonna really make my car overheat faster will it??

nope your cooling the rad, not the engine with the fan.

Scotty
12-07-2006, 10:59 AM
If you put it right behind the fan/radiator its not going to perform very well... maybe think about putting it to the side so you don't have all this heated air blowing directly into your intake.

grimez
12-07-2006, 04:26 PM
I like the idea of behind the left fog light cover... cuz you already have a cap for it, we just need a little mounting kit for it down there.

Galavoxx
12-07-2006, 07:10 PM
x2

I'll check my ram kit this weekend and see if it will actually mount behind the fog light cover using the included parts. The only issue will be how to affix the ram tube to the bumper without drilling or screwing any holes that stick out of the front bumper.

dngz
12-07-2006, 07:36 PM
yea... and i have fog lights... so.. i dunt wanna get rid of 1..

Galavoxx
12-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Mount some yellow hella PIAA rally style fogs on the bumper. That would look pretty.. :eek:

Chris07LB
12-07-2006, 08:33 PM
If anyone wants to SELL their free ram air kit they got, shoot me a PM.