PDA

View Full Version : Dings & Dents... HELP!

arkangel72
04-18-2006, 08:35 AM
I noticed this morning 2 little round dents in my baby! It is my first car, and I am so super anal about it, I am almost freakin out!

Is it normal that rocks would do this while driving??? They are only on the front bumper... but still.

And anyone know how much these would cost to repair???

Thanks so much!:thumbup:

riceboy
04-18-2006, 08:47 AM
You might be able to get it out with some touch up paint and a buff.. your best bet to avoid further damage is to 3M it or to wax it. Otherwise you're SOL unless you want to get one of those hood deflectors... but IMHO they are pretty ugly looking.... no offense to anyone who has it.... it's just they so awkward being on such a small hood.... looks like a training bra or something... lol...

ricko
04-18-2006, 08:51 AM
You might want to check with a REPUTABLE body shop, or your dealer. I have seen small dents removed with a device that looked like a syringe!!!!! No touch-up paint was needed.

why?
04-18-2006, 09:13 AM
There are ways to get small dings out without real bodywork. It depends where the dings are and how big they are.

Talk to your dealer, they should know who you can call, as dealerships have cars with dents and dings all the time.

stuffy
04-18-2006, 09:16 AM
dings in the front bumper? the front bumper is plastic, so there shouldn't be dents in it, that is wierd.

arkangel72
04-18-2006, 09:47 AM
ok, so not on the BUMPER (gimme a break , it is my first car lol)
it is (as in the pic) about the grill which is above the bumper...

it looks like little rocks banged into it
there is no paint scratched off it... just dents

arkangel72
04-18-2006, 09:48 AM
the red dots on the front... check the red dots :iono:

(and btw... whoever uploaded that pic before... thanks for the usage) :)

Schmingie
04-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Just a silly thought ( no offence intended ) but are 2 of thos e dent where a lic. plate might mount? Because there are 2 dimples in there on purpose.

Schmingie

ricko
04-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Congrats on your first car, I understand your anxiety! I thought that part of the car was plastic, but I just checked on mine and it sounds like metal. Hmmmm .... I don't know what to say now except "Why" is right about the dealer. They have things like this happen all the time, so they should be able to advise you.

stuffy
04-18-2006, 10:02 AM
oh yeah, in quebec, you don't need a plate on the front,schmingie is probably right about the license plate mounting holes.

ricko
04-18-2006, 10:04 AM
S may be right!!!!!! That could explain it, your markings look too symmetrical to be damage.

arkangel72
04-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all your help people. I really do appreciate it.

These were not here before so they can't eb for license plates... and they are not as symmetrical as the picture. I was just trying to give a vague area of where the dents are located....

I guess I will just take it to the dealer and see if they will do anything. And will be doing a heavy duty wax job to avoid this in the future... that's for sure!

Anyone know any good wax to use?

hoahmaru
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
You might be able to get it out with some touch up paint and a buff.. your best bet to avoid further damage is to 3M it or to wax it. Otherwise you're SOL unless you want to get one of those hood deflectors... but IMHO they are pretty ugly looking.... no offense to anyone who has it.... it's just they so awkward being on such a small hood.... looks like a training bra or something... lol...

I completely agree with you. 3M all the way, it is totally worth the money. and the reflector is really ugly.