PDA

View Full Version : FOR PNW Owners - Steel wheels and Hub Caps Available

60 Somethings
12-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Just installed Toyota, Alloy 5-Spoke wheels on my LB. (Not cheap, but looks good.)

Have 4 Black, Yaris Steel Wheels available.

Will deliver anywhere from Everett, WA to Eugene, OR.

Wheels (9,000 miles) = $10.ea

8-Spoke, silver plastic Hubcaps = $8.00 ea.

SimplyYaris
12-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Just installed Toyota, Alloy 5-Spoke wheels on my LB. (Not cheap, but looks good.)

Have 4 Black, Taris Steel Wheels available.

Will deliver anywhere from Everett, WA to Eugene, OR.

Wheels (9,000 miles) = $10.ea

8-Spoke, silver plastic Hubcaps = $8.00 ea.

Pics on the new wheels please!

Snappy
12-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Was contemplating this very thing, upgrading to the 5 spokes, and buying them tomorrow. Would you be willing to share how much you paid? (My purchasing dealer said he would sell them to me at "dealer cost," give me some ammo to ensure dealer cost is not more than retail!) Hope you like your new wheels, I think the design is sharp!

60 Somethings
12-08-2006, 11:24 PM
We do like them - wife liked them better than the 7-spoke, but the 7-spoke are cheaper.

Dealer had not sold any of these before, so parts folks found out a couple of things: 1) they require different lug nuts than the steel wheels - flat seat vs. angular seat on stock steel wheels, 2) they came WITHOUT center emblems.

When we were spinning the wheel at dealer, because I had referred my sister who also bought a liftback (made $50 on that) wife mentioned to salesman I could apply the $ to the new wheels. Anyway, when I mentioned I was considering them but cost was a little too much, he said let's go down to parts dept and I'll see what I can do. Anyway, he told them to give us the "employee price" so I ordered them.

When they came in, parts guy noticed the need for the different lug nuts. Had local Les Schwab shop install them - far better price than dlr quote.

They are shown as $264ea list, $234ea if you bought the car from them, and $175ea at employee price. Lug nuts were $1.82ea x 16. Center caps (on order are supposedly $41 total, but will make sure they are also at employee price.

Mounting and balance was $56.

They are not cheap, but they look good - not all the empty space of the 7-spoke. I don't like seeing the tiny rear brake drums thru thr wheels - just an old guy thing I guess.

The box says they are Aluminum and they are painted, so care must be taken that paint doesn't get chipped - similar to the Campanolo's on my '74 Alfa.

I will take some pics Monday after I get the centers inserted.

As a comparison, the 7-spoke wheels are $175ea at dealer price for cars bought there ( they are on Internet for like $137ea + shipping. I am assuming employee price on them is in area of $140ea.

Chris07LB
12-09-2006, 03:55 AM
would u sell the old lug nuts?

60 Somethings
12-09-2006, 02:38 PM
$10. for all 16, but the postage to NJ would be a killer.

That little sack weighs a bit.

Here's a link to a pic of wheels just like ours (but with "centers"):

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2924

acrbill
12-10-2006, 11:22 AM
these are the 15" wheels correct? If so, could you do me a favor and put one wheel and hubcap on a scale. I was wondering how much they weigh without the tire.

thanks!!!!

MrMondayNite
12-10-2006, 09:01 PM
$10. for all 16, but the postage to NJ would be a killer.

That little sack weighs a bit.

Here's a link to a pic of wheels just like ours (but with "centers"):

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2924

Congrats on your new wheels, I have the same one's, bought it off ebay from platinum wheelhouse for $475 shipped with brandnew tires. Someone upgraded there wheels through them and traded the stock alloys in. I also had to buy 12 lug nuts went to 3 different dealers to get the 12 and I also put 4 wheel locks on, what a pain in the butt that was. If you do sell your lug I would keep 4 in case you have to put on the donut.

60 Somethings
12-10-2006, 11:02 PM
ACRBILL: Yes, these are 15" steel wheels. One wheel with hubcap weighs in at approxiamtely 18.5 lbs.

MrMondayNite: Boy, you got lucky on those wheels - guess it pays to search e-bay sometimes. Thought about aset of locks, but since we live in gated development in a low crime area, and car rarely sits on public street I'd take my chances. Also view those locks as harder to loosen without an air-impact wrench, such as on the road.

Very good point regarding lug nuts for the spare. I try to be thourough, but sure missed that one. Taking 4 out of the bag tonight and putting in the back of the car. THANKS!

Black Yaris
12-10-2006, 11:06 PM
wheel locks are a joke, expecially on stock wheels. Not many people are going to rip off a set of stocks, if they realy do want them, they are takin the whole car instead of just your wheels... personally I would rather be missing my wheels instead of my whole car

sam07yaris
12-17-2006, 09:34 AM
What do the hubcaps look like?