PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my yaris liftback

foober
04-20-2006, 12:22 AM
And its better than anyone has explained here. Runs great at 75 and 80 miles an hour. A little road noise but not that much. Has alot of pickup. Folks said they drive stiff or rough. To me its the smoothest thing I've driven in years. But you have to know I've always driven a truck before this yaris liftback.:thumbup:

riceboy
04-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Damn you already kicked it up to 75+ miles...

why?
04-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Congrats. Toyota is taking its sweet time getting manual Yari up to NE.

Master
04-20-2006, 12:37 PM
yaris' are sold before they can make it to the east coast hahaha

Karel
04-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Can't wait for some pics. haa.:respekt:

Leenis24
04-20-2006, 06:25 PM

yaris' are sold before they can make it to the east coast hahaha

Tell me about it, im about as New England as they come. Im starting to get really impatient too. My current car now is crapping the bed, so i need the Yaris soon. I give my car now maybe 2 more weeks, MAYBE. The CV joint clicks really bad when turning sharp and my engine isnt doing the best. Im hurtin'.

birdy
04-20-2006, 07:22 PM
they had one in texas and it was sold 2 secs after getting off the truck.
it was black and a 5speed, I am thinking about finding the owner and offering him more than what he paid.

foober
04-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Birdy, go to your allocation guy at the dealership. He should know what cars are coming to them and to others around your dealership. In that way you can figure out a game plan on if you can get what you want.

i'm really impressed with this little liftback. I was a bit worried how it would handle on the highways at high speeds. It handles great. 75 and 80 miles an hour you get a little road noise but thats about it. It tracks very well even in a wind. I never drove a echo. But folks said it got pushed around in the wind. Haven't noticed that with the yaris liftback.

Folks, I don't have a digital camera. But its a silver 3 door liftback with the convience package.

why?
04-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Tell me about it, im about as New England as they come. Im starting to get really impatient too. My current car now is crapping the bed, so i need the Yaris soon. I give my car now maybe 2 more weeks, MAYBE. The CV joint clicks really bad when turning sharp and my engine isnt doing the best. Im hurtin'.

I was told by the new car manager at my dealership that NE, which is its own Toyota region, is receiving 2 manual lb's in a few days.

The next allocation will be in 2 weeks.

I've had my order in now for a little over 3 weeks.

as400g33k
04-20-2006, 11:25 PM
grats on getting your ride, foober. glad your enjoying it!

comf on the others who're waiting on theirs. Toyota's going to be making the Yaris on their Thailand factory so that'll make it 3 factories making the Yaris.

why?
04-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Just as long as all the US yari come from japan.

Ziv
04-21-2006, 11:35 AM
I am pretty sure all Canada's one as of now is still made in Japan.

Vic
04-21-2006, 01:09 PM

True true...That seems to be the case here in NJ. And we get our Yaris's in locally via ship load (From Japan) right here in Port Newark in Elizabeth NJ!! They have been extremely hard to come by on the local dealer's lots as of late.

In fact, I've been looking for one. My brand new 2006 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab v6 has been killing me during my daily 70 mile round trip commutes to and from work. The Hybrids are currently too expensive for me ($20,000+) but at 40 MPG for a very sporty looking Yaris at only around $11,000/ $12,000..... I'm willing to go that route!

foober
04-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Definetly worth the wait. As some have mentioned. Theres alot of room in them. I took my girlfriend and her two kids for the fun after you got your new car drive. lots of room. But what I thought was great was even with an extra 500 pounds of weight from the passengers the liftback still had alot of get up and go.

LIke I said. Go to your allotment guy at your dealership. He should be able to check out all the yaris's coming to the usa from japan and should be able to line you up with one close to the one you want.

why?
04-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Just got a call yesterday and my dealership should have me a car sometime next week.

Now I need to find a place that'll install a tach.

riceboy
04-22-2006, 09:58 AM
I know for a fact that the dealer should be able to install it for you... back in the day I had a autometer tach installed courtesy of the dealer. I had it put right onto the steering column.. made it easy to read, and kept it out of the way....

why?
04-22-2006, 12:20 PM
That is prolly true. I'd have to go buy it myself though, and I'd like to find a shop around where I live that I can trust.

Installing a tach should be a simple first test to see if a shop can be trusted.

plushDJ
04-23-2006, 05:07 PM
I am pretty sure all Canada's one as of now is still made in Japan.

Yeah, they come from japan. I've been waiting for a month now to get mine and I finally pick it up on monday

foober
04-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah, they come from japan. I've been waiting for a month now to get mine and I finally pick it up on monday

congrats plushDJ, I know what you went through waiting. Its worth it though.

Everyone that sees or stares at my new yaris liftback goes. "Sure is cute". Cutest car in the world I'm beginning to think.:thumbup:

I tell them it gets 80 miles. As I watch their mouths drop open. And then i add quietly "on two gallons of gas".

plushDJ
04-23-2006, 06:43 PM
lol

plushDJ
04-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I just got mine today!!! I think I drove it around town for 3 hours after I got it lol It's just too damn fun!!

stuffy
04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
nice plushDJ, i'm sure you will be able to come up with many excuses to go for a drive (i know i did)

plushDJ
04-24-2006, 08:22 PM
You know it, and you won't believe how much chicks love it :thumbsup: