PDA

View Full Version : Which springs?

Kaotic Lazagna
12-13-2006, 11:22 PM
the Tanabe DF's or NF's? i use my Yaris S a daily cummuter with 2-3 people with luggage at a time. i drive on the freeway more so than city streets. thanks.

hasher22
12-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Doesnt the peeps in ur ride lower it already ;)

well if your driving with 2 - 3 peeps with luggage (is that a metaphor for fat people? or actual luggage bags?) then i suggest go with NF's, but its up to you.

Kaotic Lazagna
12-14-2006, 12:00 AM
lol, fat people. never thought about that. lol...ok, to clear things up, we're all 19 years old, i'm a guy (lost a lot of weight due to studying until 1:30 in the morning everyday for my bio class), two girls, and another guy who weighs around 160. by luggage, i mean 4 backpacks everyday, and some tennis equipment and laptops every now-and-then.

hystria
12-14-2006, 06:36 PM
DF's are for smooth roads. NF do quite a drop, however rear springs are too soft and this affects handling. I use NF's in front and stock springs in rear: better handling and steering response & the car is stable over the bumps. I suggest you to start with NF's . If you are not happy then sell'em and buy used DF's ;)

Tamago
12-14-2006, 06:41 PM
how about nf in front, df in rear? :D

Kaotic Lazagna
12-14-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah, i won't have the time to reinstall a different springs...stupid college life...but i do like the stance that the DF's give.

Tamago
12-14-2006, 07:33 PM
what? 1hr to install springs? you dont have 1hr?

Kaotic Lazagna
12-14-2006, 07:53 PM
what? 1hr to install springs? you dont have 1hr?

believe it or not, i don't. just this semester, i lost 20 pounds due to studying all the time every day until 1-2 in the morning and getting up around 6 to go to school. plus, i have two jobs that i work throughout the week in addition to the 5 days of classes i have. also, i don't think i could change the springs myself.

hasher22
12-15-2006, 08:01 AM
believe it or not, i don't. just this semester, i lost 20 pounds due to studying all the time every day until 1-2 in the morning and getting up around 6 to go to school. plus, i have two jobs that i work throughout the week in addition to the 5 days of classes i have. also, i don't think i could change the springs myself.

If thats ur situation then how u gonna install it? go to a dealer and let them install it when they might take longer since u have to drive there, wait, drive back and all

Though with ur situation ill go with the NF's

i look at the DF for looks and people without the heavy load

For me i like to accelerate fast, So i fill up the tank when i need to. (I dont fill it up all the way! too much weight!!) im thinking of taking out the back spare tyre...but i dont know...i may need it one day....

Russelt3hPirate
12-15-2006, 08:37 AM
For me i like to accelerate fast, So i fill up the tank when i need to. (I dont fill it up all the way! too much weight!!) im thinking of taking out the back spare tyre...but i dont know...i may need it one day....

sure weight is the enemy

lose some off your self, get new seats, get rid of the 60/40 rear seat, there are plenty of ways to save weight without removing safety.

IBoohbutihaveAAA

FCP91
12-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I have 5 ppl sit in my hatch, i had no problem with my SPIRIT Springs
Revspot Performance 604-278-7908

Kaotic Lazagna
12-15-2006, 02:46 PM
I have 5 ppl sit in my hatch, i had no problem with my SPIRIT Springs
Revspot Performance 604-278-7908

i have a seden, and i'm not sure if those will fit on a sedan.

Kaotic Lazagna
12-15-2006, 02:48 PM
If thats ur situation then how u gonna install it? go to a dealer and let them install it when they might take longer since u have to drive there, wait, drive back and all

Though with ur situation ill go with the NF's

i look at the DF for looks and people without the heavy load

i'll have a short break coming up, and will probably do the install myself (with the DIY guide here). also, the NF's are softer, so shouldn't i use the DF's since they are a little more stiffer?

hystria
12-15-2006, 04:27 PM
front NF's are just stiff enough for a normal&confo drop
only rear ones are on the soft side

FoEKuZ
12-15-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm still in love with my DFs.

But when i get some slight bumps in the road my wheels get a quick scrap from under fenders

riceboy
12-16-2006, 12:27 AM
eibachs.. nothing too crazy... will give the car the right look, decent performance and no worries about bottoming out...

Kaotic Lazagna
12-16-2006, 01:01 AM
eibachs.. nothing too crazy... will give the car the right look, decent performance and no worries about bottoming out...

how much do the Eibachs usually go for? and it should be the same way to install them as the Tanabe's, right?

Kaotic Lazagna
12-16-2006, 02:53 AM
how about the Tein S. Tech? can they be used on the sedan?

hasher22
12-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Since were talking about Springs here...........

Tanabe? Making GF's for the yaris or what!!??

If not ill get the DF's

03Z33
12-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Last I heard there are no plans for GF's.... I had DF's before the Cusco's and the ride is decent, but wasn't low enough, or stiff enough for me.

Tamago
12-25-2006, 10:53 PM

got time to postwhore tho eh?

hehe i'm just messin with you man, if you lived near me i'd help ya out.

Kaotic Lazagna
12-26-2006, 01:18 AM
got time to postwhore tho eh?

hehe i'm just messin with you man, if you lived near me i'd help ya out.

lol, i have to be online/take short breaks when i study. weird, but it does help me remember things. i guess it's due to the fact that i'm doing something i like at the same time, therefore, the material sticks to me?

hystria
12-26-2006, 05:36 PM

rear shock absorbers could start leaking with Eibachs... several replaced by the dealer under warranty. But then, all rear springs drop at least as much as Eibachs... :frown: