PDA

View Full Version : Slotted Brake Rotors

Violin
12-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Are these any good?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220057720379&rd=1,1

Are there any others available for the Yaris hatch yet that might be better? I've been waiting on EBC, but they haven't come through yet.

ChinoCharles
12-14-2006, 11:40 AM
GReddy has a GREX BBK for the Yaris already w/ four piston calipers. It uses slotted rotors.

Which brings up an interesting question... what would be the best rotor design for a car like this?

r1concepts
12-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Are these any good?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220057720379&rd=1,1

Are there any others available for the Yaris hatch yet that might be better? I've been waiting on EBC, but they haven't come through yet.

Violin, let me know if there are any questions that I can answer for you. Thanks.

Black Yaris
12-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Violin, let me know if there are any questions that I can answer for you. Thanks.

What kind of products do you have avalable for our Yarii?

kngrsll
12-22-2006, 03:45 PM
slotted rotors are really a waste of money. if you want the best braking capacity, get a quality, high temp pad (the kind that dust alot and squeal like crazy), high temp fluid, and stainless lines. If you want a racer look, then get slotted rotors. :)

oh, and you can only brake as much as your tires can grip so good tires go along way for braking. (good example = F1 cars!)

r1concepts
12-22-2006, 03:47 PM
What kind of products do you have avalable for our Yarii?

We sell only rotors and pads.

Tamago
12-22-2006, 04:36 PM
honestly, the stock rotors and pads are freakin awesome, if you're talking about street use. i'm at 46--- miles on my xA, stock brake pads and rotors and still way over half pad left. this includes heavy use at autocross and daily on the street.

i would be happy to test fit my xA rotors and let you guys know if they're the same as Yaris ones.. then you can pick up all the xA/B rotors

Violin
12-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Yikes! I'm being stalked. :wink:

I really do just want the rotors for cosmetics. They'd go well with the "TRD" calipers in my avatar.

Tamago
12-22-2006, 04:49 PM
then take your stockies to a drill press lolol

paultyler_82
12-23-2006, 01:35 AM
I've always been a fan of powerslot rotors, but on this car, I think the best for the application would just be a high grade flat rotor and some better pads and stainless lines... I guess you could go with the GRex kit if you really think you drive your Yaris hard enough to induce heavy brake fade.

eco
12-26-2006, 02:03 AM
So are the XA/XB rotors the same.

Violin
12-26-2006, 07:39 AM
It would be nice if they are as EBC and several other make slotted rotors for them.

03Z33
12-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Endless make replacement two piece rotors (aluminum hat) which will actually save weight as well as reduce cost when replacing rotors the next time since you only need to replace the outer portion.

Endless also offer a full line of pad options as well as both 4-pot and Mini 6-pot big brake kits. $3900 for 4-pot and $4300 for Mini 6-pot. Expensinve, but the best!

C-One offer front and rear slotted and drilled rotors, and two types of pads. Also very expensive.

Brembo also offer "OEM" replacement rotors which are some of the best quality.

Where did you guys see the Grex brakes offered? Price?

Violin
12-26-2006, 11:14 AM
I looked but could not find any of those replacement rotors for the 2007 Yaris hatch. Is there a source?

03Z33
12-26-2006, 11:46 AM
www.endlessusa.com for the Endless stuff (they're revamping the site right now but you can call or email)

I usually go to Ebay for the Brembo stuff, just make sure it's a "legit" business and is selling actuall quality stuff.

www.c-one.co.jp for the C-One stuff. You can pick that up from most of the forum sponsors also.

I was also told www.fastbrakes.com are making a rear disc brake "kit" and offer front replacement rotors (possibly larger?). I haven't called to confirm. I don't have any experience with the stuff, so use at your own risk.

r1concepts
12-26-2006, 12:08 PM
So are the XA/XB rotors the same.

Yes, they are the exact same.

I've always been a fan of powerslot rotors, but on this car, I think the best for the application would just be a high grade flat rotor and some better pads and stainless lines... I guess you could go with the GRex kit if you really think you drive your Yaris hard enough to induce heavy brake fade.

Hmm, I’ve heard good reviews of Powerslots. But sometimes, I think the price may be a little steep, unless you getting good deals on them. As far as lines goes, the stainless steel lines really make a tremendous difference on the braking.

Ilooked but could not find any of those replacement rotors for the 2007 Yaris hatch. Is there a source?

If you are just looking for blanks, I have them available too. The premium blanks that I have could be compared to high end companies such as Stoptech. Or if you want them to be machined slotted only, drilled only, or any other design, let me know.

PS. Sorry for stalking you! :laugh:

Blenjar
02-26-2007, 10:24 AM
mmhmm...

-- Blen

d4w1
04-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Google at R1 Concepts on the web. They carry slotted and drilled rotors for the 2007 Yaris at a good price.

Blenjar
04-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Yea..im get them when mine go bad...or if I have left over money after my current mod list.

-- Blen