PDA

View Full Version : Install a Yaris deck into a Matrix... bad idea?? Help needed!!

SimmZ
12-15-2006, 11:08 PM
I have a 07' stock Yaris deck (single CD, MP3 compatible) and I'm planned to install it into a friend's 2003 Toyota Matrix who haven't the MP3 playback (it something like a christmas gift).

For fun, I talk of than installation with the father of my work's partner who is the manager of our local Toyota parts department for 30 years ago. He told me they (the dealer) already install a Echo deck into a Matrix something like two years ago and the deck play perfectly for a few minutes until it smoke completely (something like if the internal power supply burned). And this time ago, they do not try to swap a stock deck, cause they had to refund the customer who buy the Echo deck who burned and blablabla, you know... He told me they think (the dealer) the Matrix have something like an higher power input to the deck than a Echo or a Yaris.

Well... I'm not a professionnal in car's electronics, but this sound crazy and look more like a bad coincidence! How the Matrix can be different and make the deck to burn in a few minutes? By the way, I actually have a 07 Yaris RS deck (6 CD MP3 in-dash changer) into my 2002 Echo sedan and it work perfectly for the past 3 month.

I don't want to take a chance to burn my Yaris's deck by putting it into the Matrix. Just give me your feeling about all this. This story sound so strange to me... :iono:

johnnyfive
12-15-2006, 11:42 PM
should just plug in, and work fine...my 2 cents :)

IllusionX
12-16-2006, 01:29 AM
i plugged a camry double din deck into my echo and it never worked. the thing would over heat (can't touch any part of it by hand) and no sounds would come out of it at all.

i also plugged a 2000 corolla cd player into my echo, that one also never worked... it heated like the camry's...

what's the problem? i have no idea. but it really just doesn't work. though, all 3 cars use the same harness.

SimmZ
12-16-2006, 03:23 PM
i plugged a camry double din deck into my echo and it never worked. the thing would over heat (can't touch any part of it by hand) and no sounds would come out of it at all.

i also plugged a 2000 corolla cd player into my echo, that one also never worked... it heated like the camry's...

what's the problem? i have no idea. but it really just doesn't work. though, all 3 cars use the same harness.

What a frightening story... hummm :frown:

static808
12-17-2006, 01:01 AM
gotta solara unit in my sienna and it works perfectly fine. all of these radios should definitely be plug and play, but be careful about the cars with jbl systems. with those, you can only switch out units from other cars with the jbl systems.

--B