PDA

View Full Version : 3 Door Stick coming to Hendersonville NC

Search
04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Just got a call from Brian Easler Toyota in Hendersonville that they will be getting a 3 door stick coming in. No idea of colour or specifications but figured I would pass it along.

Also there was a white 3 Door Auto in Greenville SC (Laurens Rd.), and a 3 Door in Asheville NC (Jim Barkley).

I need to pass on the Yaris thing for a year or so, but if anybody in the Asheville area gets one and wants to share their experiences I would love to talk.

Bob

ricko
04-20-2006, 11:43 AM
It will tough having to "suffer" with that RSX-S. On the bright side maybe by then Toyota will have their act together in the U.S., and you will be able to buy a Canadian, Aussie, Euro or Japanese spec RS.

Search
04-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah sucks for me with the RSX, but I really hope the Yaris (once we get a sizable sampling) proves to be an efficient and fun car. I am not sure if I am going to make the RSX a 200,000 mile keeper, or sell it off in a couple of years and shop for a subcompact like the Yaris or Fit (which will hopefully have recovered from the ugly stick whomping by then).

I wonder what the Yaris would do performance and fuel wise with a Corolla 1.8 under the hood. hopefully Toyota will get curious also and send one our way.

But again, if any one get's a Yaris in this area I would love to hear how they like it after they get a few miles on it.

Bob

why?
04-20-2006, 09:21 PM
I bet if Toyota simply took the 1.8 and the tranny from a corolla LE it might get better gas mileage than it does now in the corolla.

Search
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
My wife has an 06 LE but it is auto :( . Nice motor though, and would be perfect in a 2300lb Yaris :)

Sometimes I dream about my RSX getting creamed and me having to find someplace to put the undamaged motor/tranny…
Can you say CRX boys and girls? </evil grin>
Bet that would pep up the ole K20a2 gas mileage some

why?
04-20-2006, 10:11 PM
ROFL, that'd be nice, wouldn't it.