PDA

View Full Version : Any PS3/Wii/360 Critics out there??!!

hasher22
12-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Well ive been reading some topics on the ps3. Though the concept of the "boomerang" controller was scrapped becuz one reason was it will offend australian players cuz it was a weapon. I found that stupid and funny.

Though the motion detector.....i believe it was STOLEN from nintendo. Nintendo was really smart with its controllers. Nunchuck + Remote. I have a WII and boy thats fun to play with friends. FAMILY CAN EVEN GET INTO IT!!! My mum is addicted to Wii Sports and Wii Play. But i dont think PS3 can get the whole family playing. Wii is a smart investment i recon, cheap, fun, great controllers. Though u dont get any high def cables when u purchase the console, so i had to purchase one of ebay.

PS3 is a ripoff, they have the damn same controller as ps and ps2 which is so stupid and lazy. Though i am gonna get a ps3 in 1 year time when the price shreds about $150.

360 will be the dominant console in streaming video (if you have Windows Vista) music and pictures cuz obviously they are both from Microsoft. 360 breaks down easily. I had to send my xbox back 3 times!! AND NOW MY HARD DRIVE ISNT WORKING SO I HAD TO BUY A NEW ONE!!! In fine print warranty for the console is 1year and any cables, hard drives is only under warranty for 3months!!! I SAY FUCK U MICROSOFT AND SONY CUZ THE ONLY SMART INVESTMENT FOR THE AVERAGE PAID PERSON IS THE WII!!

Well thats my thaughts on it anyway.

eTiMaGo
12-26-2006, 07:13 AM
PS3 does have the hardest time of the 3... came out late and in limited quantities... The Wii has the fun factor advantage with the motion remotes, the 360 has the advantage of being out over a year already, and it has a very well organized online system with the marketplace. It's gonna be very tough for Sony, the main thing that will help them sell is Blu-Ray...

ChinoCharles
12-26-2006, 03:11 PM
I happen to have all three in my house right now, so I feel I'm pretty well qualified to chime in, haha. I don't own any of them, though. I pretty much grew out of video games a while back.

The 360 has been out the longest and without a doubt leads the race in the titles category. There are some great games, and Microsoft is starting to establish franchises for the Xbox that keep gamers occupied. If I had to buy any of the three right now, this would be the one. The price is somewhat reasonable, there is a large choice of games, and Xbox LIVE is and always was the shit.

The Wii is revolutionary and will sell the most units of the three simply because adults, kids, grandparents, and whoever else can learn to play Wii Sports in mere moments. I think the system is a little buggy, though. The Wiimotes cut out from time to time, especially during games that require a ton of movement. Having said that, the new Zelda game is easily the best video game of all time, so they have that going for them. We will see if they botch the Mario franchise. I don't see how they could.

The PS3 is a total fucking eyegasm. We have ours hooked to a 43" plasma HDTV and I can honestly say the graphics are every bit as jaw-dropping as advertised and then some. I have never seen games look that crisp, computer-based or otherwise. My buddy has an Alienware gaming PC and that $4000 monstrosity barely keeps up. I think this will be the consummate gamer's console, and with that six axis controller, I have a boner over the release of the next Gran Turismo installment. I just want my Vitz. Hehe.

punch
12-26-2006, 04:53 PM
360 will be the dominant console in streaming video (if you have Windows Vista) music and pictures cuz obviously they are both from Microsoft. 360 breaks down easily. I had to send my xbox back 3 times!! AND NOW MY HARD DRIVE ISNT WORKING SO I HAD TO BUY A NEW ONE!!! In fine print warranty for the console is 1year and any cables, hard drives is only under warranty for 3months!!!.

just so you know, the xbox has now been upgradeed to 1yr warrenty for everything, and its retroactive.

and if you had a repair under that 1yr, they will re-imburse you the cost..

hasher22
12-26-2006, 05:09 PM
its prob in canada its been upgraded to 1 year for everything....since i called the xbox360 guys here in aust, they didnt mention anything about everything being on 1 year warranty. 1 year for console itself and the rest is 3 months.

Ill prob double check the warranty next time i go to my local game place.

eflb55
12-26-2006, 05:56 PM
My friend got a Wii.... I don't think I've ever had so much fun playing a console. It's just so addictive and simple to use. You don't have to wait 3 minutes for the game to load up or the console to power on. The browser capability is awesome through its use of Opera. When I was using it I jumped onto yarisworld on his tv and went through the forums. :)

Blenjar
12-26-2006, 10:10 PM
lol i could careless about blu ray...until they make anime in blu ray...u know?

the xbox HD-DVD reader is kinda retarded because it goes to around the same price as a PS3...so I think it should sell for 100 dollars lol...

I got hte wii and it was fun..now that im done with zelda..im pretty much bored...or maybe I dont spend much time playing the wii sports..

-- Blen

BMGYaris
12-27-2006, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=hasher22;44168Though i am gonna get a ps3 in 1 year time when the price shreds about $150.
[/QUOTE]

I think you might be in for a bit of a surprise. The PS3 right now is selling under manufactor cost. In fact, it sells, as someone else mentioned, for less than Blue-Ray DVD players, even though it is a blue-ray dvd player. Also, blue ray is going to be the way for the future, going to have to get on board in the next 5 years or so, so be ready for it. Anyway, the real point is, the psp is def not going to be dropping 150 dollars in the next year. right now its so cheap becayse sony is determined to win the format war, but i wouldnt be surprised if next year it was the same price or even more expensive. Also, the graphics right now are the exact same as the 360. Look around for reviews where they have done close ups on t-shirts and such to see which one actually has more detail...its fifty-fifty, sometimes 360 sometimes ps3, though some speculate that it may be due to rushed games, maybe the later games will be better.

spkrman
12-28-2006, 10:17 AM
wii...

I'm not a hardcore console gamer, I havent bought anything since ps2...

But when I was doing my "reading up" on the various consoles after seeing the lines the day before ps3 came out- the wii REALLY stands out!

Games were meant to be FUN... and even when I had *only* seen the controller setup, i knew it would be beyond the most fun.

I *will* have a wii in the car next year... assuming I can do the a/v system like I want :)

jimcat
12-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Because of the Racing Games RR7 & GT HD
I brought PS3 already. Hope I got a right choice

pxpaulx
12-28-2006, 12:44 PM
I think you might be in for a bit of a surprise. The PS3 right now is selling under manufactor cost. In fact, it sells, as someone else mentioned, for less than Blue-Ray DVD players, even though it is a blue-ray dvd player. Also, blue ray is going to be the way for the future, going to have to get on board in the next 5 years or so, so be ready for it.

Sorry i dont actually have a link to reference (ok, found it - http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/26/technology/dvd_vcr/?postversion=2006122609 ) the newsflash is that79% of households own VCRS, 81% now own DVD players. That took 10 years, WITHOUT a format war to overtake the previous format. DVDs will be around for awhile. So, add 2-5 years for a format to be chosen, plus 10 years for ANY type of new format to become the standard. Don't forget direct stream HD video content (Ala microsoft live, for example) as another contender; I wouldn't hedge my bets on Blu-ray just yet. In 15 years, all 3 of those could end up being a doorstop in a virtual world that hasn't been invented.

oh yeah, and the Wii is awesome!

punch
12-28-2006, 01:41 PM
its prob in canada its been upgraded to 1 year for everything....since i called the xbox360 guys here in aust, they didnt mention anything about everything being on 1 year warranty. 1 year for console itself and the rest is 3 months.

Ill prob double check the warranty next time i go to my local game place.

check out microsoft.com for the info...

punch
12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
wii...

I *will* have a wii in the car next year... assuming I can do the a/v system like I want :)

how are you going to control the thing in the car, kinda hard to swing the controller etc....

eflb55
12-28-2006, 02:21 PM
how are you going to control the thing in the car, kinda hard to swing the controller etc....

my cousin got this little plastic wheel like holster where you put the wii remote in and drive it like a steering wheel.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2006/09/steering_wheel_for_the_wii.html

vodkalush
12-28-2006, 04:21 PM
just got a wii, will plug in and play away tonight... I'll let you know what i think (even if you dont care about my opin. :smile: )

hasher22
12-28-2006, 05:53 PM
check out microsoft.com for the info...

lol cant be bothered....so your saying that people who buy the console now gets EVERYTHING on 1 year warranty? and the people who baught the console b 4 that new warranty was introduced gets the old warranty right?

hasher22
12-28-2006, 05:55 PM
just got a wii, will plug in and play away tonight... I'll let you know what i think (even if you dont care about my opin. :smile: )

WHOOOOO!!!! u gotta play Wii Sports with your mates, its addictive.

vodkalush
12-28-2006, 06:06 PM
WHOOOOO!!!! u gotta play Wii Sports with your mates, its addictive.

jus got wii internet browser.... and aka yarisworld on the wii!!! :smile:

hasher22
12-28-2006, 06:15 PM
jus got wii internet browser.... and aka yarisworld on the wii!!! :smile:

Yea how the hell did u get the net on it. Cuz theres only USB Ports i need ummm LAN ports, though ive been told to get USB-LAN converters but cant find any.

DW i need a LAN adapter

eflb55
12-28-2006, 06:17 PM
its wireless, get a cheap wireless router from staples or something. I thought I saw one going for like a dollar the other day. If you are using a cable router than just plug the wireless router into that I think.

hasher22
12-28-2006, 06:22 PM
It will cost me alot less with the USB - Ethernet adapter. Im gonna go to my local electronics place. They should have it.

Plus i need a 1 - 2 Ethernet Split adapter so i dont have to keep switchin cables from the WII and 360!

punch
12-28-2006, 07:08 PM
lol cant be bothered....so your saying that people who buy the console now gets EVERYTHING on 1 year warranty? and the people who baught the console b 4 that new warranty was introduced gets the old warranty right?

nope they are saying if you bought it within the last year, you get the 1 year warrenty, and if you had to pay for repairs microsoft will re-imburse you the money on the repairs, but you really don't care for the money, or you would be bothered..

bigsky2
12-28-2006, 07:21 PM
The PS3 is intended for tech savvy gamers and individuals who want next generation graphics and physics in video games. When paired with the proper TV, the PS3 is really incredible. I think they've also built a strong foundation with people who enjoyed all the Playstation exclusive titles over the PSX and PS2; Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, GTA (exclusive to PS2 for a period of time), etc...

Some developers have opened up and are now comitted to developing for both the X360 and PS3, namely Rockstar with its intention to release the next GTA on both consoles at release.

Sony's goal is to use the PS3 to push Blue-Ray on the masses so that it quickly becomes the preferred format. Preferred, and not accepted, because HD-DVD is capable of holding its own against Blue-ray. Most people already have Hi-Def content delivered via TV, and there will be a bigger push for Hi-Def content for home entertainment. DVDs are limited to 1080i after upscaling, and at that resolution, it does not take advantage of the TV's true HD capabilities (provided the TV is capable of 1080p).

The PS3 will take to the market very slowly for the next two quarters. Things will get somewhat better when the first major blockbuster title is delivered; ie. Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, etc. I am worried Sony will flop the online connectivity with the PS3 as they did with the PS2 and screw over a lot of people again.

Most of the solid games for the PS2 are all single player games, and today there's a stronger demand for a multiplayer element in games. I enjoy Gran Turismo a lot. I would enjoy it a lot MORE if I were able to participate in races, trade cars, etc, with other players from around the world.

hasher22
12-28-2006, 08:02 PM
nope they are saying if you bought it within the last year, you get the 1 year warrenty, and if you had to pay for repairs microsoft will re-imburse you the money on the repairs, but you really don't care for the money, or you would be bothered..

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warranty.htm

One Year Express Warranty on Console. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Xbox® Console will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console.

90 Day Express Warranty on Accessories. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Accessory will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console or Accessory (unless a separate written express warranty is packaged with the particular Accessory).

there u go...i was right. ONLY THE CONSOLE is under 1 year warranty. and Accessories is 3 months

punch
12-29-2006, 07:54 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warranty.htm

One Year Express Warranty on Console. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Xbox® Console will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console.

90 Day Express Warranty on Accessories. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Accessory will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console or Accessory (unless a separate written express warranty is packaged with the particular Accessory).

there u go...i was right. ONLY THE CONSOLE is under 1 year warranty. and Accessories is 3 months

umm isn't the harddrive part of the console? accessories, are the controllers, steering wheels, cables etc...

hasher22
12-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Nope thats y when i sent my console back 3 times, they only want the console it self.

They said to me, take off the face plate and the harddrive and anything else thats connected to it (cables and such)

sad huh with the 3months for accessories

Impresive-G
01-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Actualy I work @ Ciruit city. If anyone wants info of when I get them in I can tell you.

And No I dont do hook ups or lower prices.

pxpaulx
01-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Actualy I work @ Ciruit city. If anyone wants info of when I get them in I can tell you.

you must be talking about the Wii? cause i've seen the ps3 sitting in the case at walmart and target in the last week (and i live in a minneapolis suburb, so no small market here).

Jem_hadar
01-13-2007, 03:44 AM
SNES and Nintendo DS for LIFE! :wink:

Blenjar
01-13-2007, 03:48 AM
Here in CT PS3 are in stock...lots of store have them..

-- Blen

hasher22
01-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Here in CT PS3 are in stock...lots of store have them..

-- Blen

cuz the damn average person cannot or dont wanna spend 1000AUD on it + games + maybe more controllers for family members + whatever accessories for it

nsmitchell
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM

I worked at Circuit City Corporate for 18 years.

hhcchen
01-18-2007, 02:58 PM
wii requires some physical fitness in order to play...
i played once the other day... tried to get as much home run as possible...
next day... i got muscle sore...

hasher22
01-18-2007, 03:44 PM
wii requires some physical fitness in order to play...
i played once the other day... tried to get as much home run as possible...
next day... i got muscle sore...

lol yeah its fun that way......better than sitting down pressing buttons....

i got some HD cables for the WII....i saw no difference.....

bigsky2
01-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I decided to keep the 2nd unit I bought and I had a chance to try it out for a week.

Current library of games is shit, imho.

Downloaded Gran Turismo HD concept and it looks like it's going to be a winner. I just hope they address some long oustanding issues such as the robotic AI, absence of damage, and the lack of an in-vehicle view.

F1 Championship racing looks like a dud. No sense of speed whatsoever and the physics feel real sloppy.

Overall I'd say the PS3 is a great value if you are after a Blue-Ray player, because it's the cheapest Blue-Ray player available :laugh:

I'm watching the scene closely to see if there are any hopes of a homebrew style code for the system, and in addition to any hacks that could be developed.

It's been confirmed that Linux can run on the system, and the hardcore guys at PDX confirmed that they have developed a boot loader to run ISO images off the hard drive.

Good times ahead.

ChinoCharles
01-18-2007, 06:30 PM
NERD

:wink:

vodkalush
01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
you can also after loading linux, install mythtv and turn the Ps3 into a DVR

bigsky2
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Das right mang.

eflb55
01-18-2007, 09:32 PM
the wii is by far the most fun system available. I plan on buying one very soon. And you really don't need physical strength to play it. The right wrist movement can make your pitch 95 mph rather than throwing your arm out.

as400g33k
01-18-2007, 10:44 PM
360 will be the dominant console in streaming video (if you have Windows Vista) music and pictures cuz obviously they are both from Microsoft. 360 breaks down easily. I had to send my xbox back 3 times!! AND NOW MY HARD DRIVE ISNT WORKING SO I HAD TO BUY A NEW ONE!!! In fine print warranty for the console is 1year and any cables, hard drives is only under warranty for 3months!!! I SAY FUCK U MICROSOFT AND SONY CUZ THE ONLY SMART INVESTMENT FOR THE AVERAGE PAID PERSON IS THE WII!!

Well thats my thaughts on it anyway.

Mate, you're just unlucky with your 360. I've bought mine last Oct and it hasnt given me any problems. And I don't use just for games either, as I use it as a DVD player also.

vodkalush
01-19-2007, 05:46 AM
the wii is by far the most fun system available. I plan on buying one very soon. And you really don't need physical strength to play it. The right wrist movement can make your pitch 95 mph rather than throwing your arm out.

yah it is all about wrist movement.... but its much more fun to actually "throw" the ball, or to "really" bowl, ect ect...

anyone wanting a Wii should get one this Sunday (all BesyBuys in US are holding at least 15 wii's and many will have between 35-45 in stock)

hasher22
01-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Mate, you're just unlucky with your 360. I've bought mine last Oct and it hasnt given me any problems. And I don't use just for games either, as I use it as a DVD player also.

who knows many u got a good durable 360.........but yea my 360 is great now...but the time sending it back and gettin it and knowing its now fixed pissed me off back then....but hey its all over now.....im savin up crap for me car....yay

Wii sports is fun fullstop. I gotta say bowling and tennis are my fav games in wii sports.......FUN WITH FRIENDS hahaha....

i was playing tennis with my brother and he whacked me across the head when he was backhanding. Note: u need alot of room....lol...

eTiMaGo
01-19-2007, 06:19 AM
i was playing tennis with my brother and he whacked me across the head when he was backhanding. Note: u need alot of room....lol...

Dude, that is how you should get revenge for the crap your brother gives you... BAM, accidental Wiimote swing to the family jewels... Oops!

hasher22
01-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Dude, that is how you should get revenge for the crap your brother gives you... BAM, accidental Wiimote swing to the family jewels... Oops!

im still pissed off from what happen the other day. No one knows my bros personality like i do....

ill get over it over time, fuckin piece of shit......i already gave him 3 laxative pills in his coffee and its funny cuz he said "the coffee gave me the runs" and he threw out the coffee packet haha...

over time...............ill get over it, i still dont forgive him for totalling my corolla, he still needs to pay my ma 10G for it....he doesnt know the damages that he put me, my mum and himself into....he said to the cops "i was checking my speed" what a fuckin stupid excuse to crash a corolla + it ricoched into another tree.....yea checking your speed and u crashed, yea the cops will believe that idiot.....

BTW, he stole the corolla that nite for work mind you he didnt have his license back then, it was raining that night and i know he speeds......thats how he crashed.....

ok thats enough bitching.......i hate bitchin.....im gonna play rayman to cool myself off......revs me up everytime i think about my old baby corolla...i had big plans for it too....now the yaris is gone too.....gonna be awhile for that to get all fixed up...

Chiefy707
01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Has anyone here ever played Forza Motorsport on the old XBox? While I love Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport simply offered more if you were a car nut. EG hatch with a B18C5 turbo? S-15 Silvia with an RB26? Camaro SS with an LS7? Forza did swaps! The graphics customizer let you paint your car in just about anyway imaginable. I had an Enzo with a Enter the Matrix theme, the front of the car was white that quickly faded to pale green to green then finally to green alpha-numeric-kanji symbols complete with an "Enter the Matrix" logo on the rear quarter panels. Forza also had awesome online play as well car damage that actually affected your car.

This alludes me to Forza 2 for the X360. Everything the old one was but bigger and better. The developers were saying they were aiming to have the game offer something for everyone who's into cars. Just like driving? Of course it'll do it. Like 'arcade' style driving? It'll have that too. Just like tuning cars and make them faster? It's there. Or how about, making showcars? it's there! You'll be able to show off your creations, be ready for XBL car shows!

As far as the whole 360 vs Wii vs PS3... Wii60 FTW! For the price of a 60 gig PS3 I can get a premium 360 and Wii, if I can find a Wii. Sony let the success of the PS1/2 (which were both awesome systems) get to their heads so they released a $600 GAMING CONSOLE full of crap unneccessary for GAMING. Alot of developers that were Sony exclusive have jumped ship. Alot of games that were originally PS3 exclusive were announced for 360 as well.
The lack of controller rumble is an absolute clusterfuc4 since I love racing games. Rally racing in Gran Turismo made great use of rumble, but since it's gone now what? It's already announced that PS3 will not support force feedback steering wheels. I was actually considering a PS3 just for Gran Turismo alone but now I think I'll just wait for a price drop which probably won't come for at least 2 years.
Go into any Gamestop or EB and think in your mind "I want a game system to play games." Now look at the 360 display or even the PS2 display then compare it to the PS3 display. The PS3 is doomed to an existence like the Gamecube had. Very good but few 1st party titles and alot of me-too 3rd party games.

eTiMaGo
01-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Has anyone here ever played Forza Motorsport on the old XBox? While I love Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport simply offered more if you were a car nut. EG hatch with a B18C5 turbo? S-15 Silvia with an RB26? Camaro SS with an LS7? Forza did swaps! The graphics customizer let you paint your car in just about anyway imaginable. I had an Enzo with a Enter the Matrix theme, the front of the car was white that quickly faded to pale green to green then finally to green alpha-numeric-kanji symbols complete with an "Enter the Matrix" logo on the rear quarter panels. Forza also had awesome online play as well car damage that actually affected your car.

This alludes me to Forza 2 for the X360. Everything the old one was but bigger and better. The developers were saying they were aiming to have the game offer something for everyone who's into cars. Just like driving? Of course it'll do it. Like 'arcade' style driving? It'll have that too. Just like tuning cars and make them faster? It's there. Or how about, making showcars? it's there! You'll be able to show off your creations, be ready for XBL car shows!

As far as the whole 360 vs Wii vs PS3... Wii60 FTW! For the price of a 60 gig PS3 I can get a premium 360 and Wii, if I can find a Wii. Sony let the success of the PS1/2 (which were both awesome systems) get to their heads so they released a $600 GAMING CONSOLE full of crap unneccessary for GAMING. Alot of developers that were Sony exclusive have jumped ship. Alot of games that were originally PS3 exclusive were announced for 360 as well.
The lack of controller rumble is an absolute clusterfuc4 since I love racing games. Rally racing in Gran Turismo made great use of rumble, but since it's gone now what? It's already announced that PS3 will not support force feedback steering wheels. I was actually considering a PS3 just for Gran Turismo alone but now I think I'll just wait for a price drop which probably won't come for at least 2 years.
Go into any Gamestop or EB and think in your mind "I want a game system to play games." Now look at the 360 display or even the PS2 display then compare it to the PS3 display. The PS3 is doomed to an existence like the Gamecube had. Very good but few 1st party titles and alot of me-too 3rd party games.

Yes, Forza 2 looks to be a very impressive, very complete game. I'm still sure GT5 will offer a more realistic driving experience itself, but Forza 2 does look to be beyond awesome... And it will be released in just a matter of months, not years... Let's hope it has our Yaris in it :biggrin: