PDA

View Full Version : TS 1800cc wheel change

aucorium
12-26-2010, 05:45 PM
hey guys , got a question and need some advice

as you all know , the TS came out with 17inch wheels , i was thinking of possibly changing to 15inch , with a 205, 55 , 15 tire. i know it will slightly effect the speedo reading but my main concern it torque steer and understeer on the corners because the car currently has apporx 180nm of torque. as oem spec is 205 , 45 ,17 inch , i dont wanna mess to much with oem sizing , i just thought the car may go better with the smaller wheel setup , what is your toughts?

revolution
12-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi,

I am running 205/55/15 Kumho Ecstas and they are fantastic... I have the JDM RS, which is very similar to the TS,. Had no problems at all with this setup and I did do the calculations based on Wheel Diameter to check if the difference would have an effect. With the size that i put i managed to reduce the margin to less than 1%.

By the way, if you have the stock TS 17s and you do wanna sell, do let me know as I'm looking for a set of those... Im wanting to go back to 17s purely for aesthetics...

Cheers!

aucorium
12-30-2010, 02:52 AM
hey buddy

thanks for the input , thing is my car makes 180nm torque , so 15inch might cause a bit more torque steer than the 17's , so i recon i might stick with the 17's , i dont have the TS wheels on as i sold them to get my super lightweight ones.