PDA

View Full Version : washing your yaris

wushumasterku
04-25-2006, 06:16 PM
question for especially polar white yaris owners:

how often do you wash your white yaris particularly the bottom of it near the door sills? I find there's a piece of white metal that's parallel to the side of the car just under the door sills.

that part gets all yellowish and greyish. do you have to wash that part often?

Ziv
04-26-2006, 10:09 AM
To be honest, it's hard to wash a white car in general. I wash my white yaris whenever I know it's not going to rain for 4 days or so, so pretty much wash it every week or every other week (if no rain). yeah, I understand that metal you talked about, I wash it and always use a cloth to wipe the whole car include the side metal. Not sure if that specific part have to be wash often or not. Compare to my friends, I always wash my car more often then them or most people anyways.

wushumasterku
04-26-2006, 06:53 PM
i see,
turns out there's rust proofing guck there.. it's turning black, it's very ugly.
i just spent like 45 mins scrubbing it. how do i get it off ?

they did a poor job there.. it's like random spraying.. just ugly.

Ziv
04-27-2006, 09:52 AM
damn, rust proofing guck???? I did not notice that at all. Maybe just your luck, buddy. Try bring it back to dealer and ask them what the hell.

wushumasterku
04-27-2006, 03:42 PM
my car is on lease.. they rust proof it. so they won't do anything i don't think.

i scrubbed most of it off.. still a little bit left. what a waste of time. arrghh