PDA

View Full Version : SEIBON CARBON FIBER OE HOOD

C2AUTOSPL
01-04-2007, 04:00 PM
SEIBON now makes CF OE hoods for your YARIS HB.

http://www.seiboncarbon.com/Images_U/1028200674424PMHD0708TYYARHB-OE%201.jpg

MSRP: $560.00
PM me for best pricing.

**FOR CALIFORNIA PICK UPS**. FREE INSTALLATION!!:w00t:

SEIBON also makes
- front lip
- side skirts
- rear lip
- oe spoiler

ALL in carbon fiber. :D

tonywenzel
01-04-2007, 10:10 PM
need pics of the front lip and sides!

C2AUTOSPL
01-05-2007, 12:20 AM
unfortunately, the lips are now back ordered =(

spkrman
01-05-2007, 04:32 PM
so that means they are available?

check your PM's, btw, you should have one from me... ifyou don't, PM me the prices on this stuff anyway :)

Tamago
01-06-2007, 09:05 PM
how's the fitment? Seibon hasn't always been that great IMO.. remembering hell i went thru on an NSX..

paultyler_82
01-07-2007, 12:14 AM
how's the fitment? Seibon hasn't always been that great IMO.. remembering hell i went thru on an NSX..

I didn't really want to say anything, but I've gotta second Tamago on this one, plus I've seen how the company who makes these hoods for Seibon makes them... (this company makes both Seibon AND VIS hoods)

I really don't like to badmouth a product for sale in anyone's for sale thread, especially in the thread of a retailer who has no control over the way some of these products are made, but I feel from personal experience with both Seibon and VIS products, that I need to share what I know about them. Anyone who wants a CF hood for any reason other than cosmetic should not consider a Seibon or VIS hood, Varis makes a very good CF hood for you if you want something light weight, or you can go with something custom. If all you want is a cosmetic CF hood, then Seibon and VIS are probably for you, they are inexpensive, but have been known to have fitment and quality issues. Again,no offense to C2, as I know they don't make these things, just I want to look out for those who don't know what to expect.

jookybanana
01-07-2007, 01:47 AM
maybe you guys got bad batch?
cause i have VIS CF hood and a seibon CF trunk for my other car (240sx) and they fit fine, not oem perfect, but all the edges lined up and no big gaps or warping, even the pre-drilled holes were dead on, no mods required 100% bolt on, and i had them both for about 1 year, and the clear coat finish on it hasnt faded, yet...

anyway, Jay please PM me price on CF hood and Lip

paultyler_82
01-07-2007, 05:25 AM
maybe you guys got bad batch?
cause i have VIS CF hood and a seibon CF trunk for my other car (240sx) and they fit fine, not oem perfect, but all the edges lined up and no big gaps or warping, even the pre-drilled holes were dead on, no mods required 100% bolt on, and i had them both for about 1 year, and the clear coat finish on it hasnt faded, yet...
anyway, Jay please PM me price on CF hood and Lip

Yeah, I've seen some good ones, it's just that, in installing them on many different cars, I've seen a lot more bad ones, not to mention, these are pretty much purely cosmetic, they offer some weight savings, but not as much as could be seen with a full carbon or fiberglass frame type of hood. I just wanted to add in my 2 cents as well as experiences of others, sort of a caveat emptor, again, I don't like to do it, but I'd hate for someone uninformed to be unhappy with their purchase, though I'm sure C2 would do everything they can to make sure the customer is happy, I know I was happy with my Tanabe Sustec FSTB they sold to me.

spkrman
01-07-2007, 07:01 AM
CF hood would be solely for looks on the yaris... I can't see any benefit to making this teeny hood CF short of an absolute extreme weight reduction project... i'd imagine the spare weighs more than the stock hood...

paultyler_82
01-08-2007, 02:36 AM
CF hood would be solely for looks on the yaris... I can't see any benefit to making this teeny hood CF short of an absolute extreme weight reduction project... i'd imagine the spare weighs more than the stock hood...

Yeah... but full carbon with a Nomex honeycomb core would be pretty light, I think probably this is the way I'm going if I ever have the time or money, do a custom hand layup and vacuum infusion, I would offer to do it for others, but I just barely have the time anymore to do this kind of work, not to mention, I can barely afford to buy the materials I need for just one, right now, let alone several, plus I don't think anyone would be willing to pay the price I would put on one of these things.

FCP91
01-08-2007, 07:40 PM
I installed the hood for yaris from Seibon, and fitment is really great!!! thumbs up! Looks HOT!!

spkrman
01-08-2007, 08:34 PM
pics?

pricing?

never got a response to PM

C2AUTOSPL
01-10-2007, 03:14 AM
FCP91 please post pics.

spkrman - PMed you...

littletegls
04-18-2007, 10:38 AM
i have a ViS hood for my yaris sedan.. and fitment is 100% perfect..

07typeS
04-18-2007, 10:58 AM
PM me pricing for the hood and also availability on the lip......

VistaXP
04-23-2007, 03:09 AM
Can you PM me for the best price, your message box is full. Thanks.

C2AUTOSPL
04-25-2007, 03:07 AM
PM box fixed... Please PM inquiries...

C2AUTOSPL
05-15-2007, 06:41 PM
bump for SEIBON

07typeS
05-17-2007, 10:05 AM
PM me a price for the hood.....

Turbo&Auto
05-17-2007, 10:08 AM
How about some pics of this CF lip kit?????