PDA

View Full Version : Tracks

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey everyone, I live in Orange County CA, wondering if any Yaris owners know closest track to where I live that I can take my Yaris for some track days, I kinda know a lil of how to do hand brake turns, but there are a lot more tricks that i know the steps to perform, but just cant do it on public roads, such as the 180 degree hand brake turn, and the scandinavian flicks..

any trackers out there?

thx:smile:

kngrsll
01-07-2007, 12:35 PM
there should be quite a few around. i know buttonwillow is out there. myself, ive only been to socal once like 6 years ago, so i wouldnt know of anymore that i dont hear about regularly. the guys over at honda-tech.com would probably know of alot of track days in the area.

platypus
01-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Orange county, you're probably going to want to look up Willow Springs International Raceway. They've got a couple of different track layouts, and they have track days all the time.

From the manuevers you're talking about, you'll probably want to hit up a drift day rather than a proper track day, since most folks going to a track are driving grip style. Alternatively, you might want to look into hitting up a rallycross and really give the handbrake turn and pendulum turn a workout. For rallycross information, email the folks at the California Rally Series.

You could probably email Dave Coleman at Sport Compact Car and ask for some suggestions as well.

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Orange county, you're probably going to want to look up Willow Springs International Raceway. They've got a couple of different track layouts, and they have track days all the time.

From the manuevers you're talking about, you'll probably want to hit up a drift day rather than a proper track day, since most folks going to a track are driving grip style. Alternatively, you might want to look into hitting up a rallycross and really give the handbrake turn and pendulum turn a workout. For rallycross information, email the folks at the California Rally Series.

You could probably email Dave Coleman at Sport Compact Car and ask for some suggestions as well.

Woo Rally, sounds fun, thx for the info, im going to try to get into the rallycross that you are talking about, have you ever been to one? if so tell me more about it, thx:smile:

03Z33
01-08-2007, 12:52 AM
You just missed three events this weekend alone. Honestly, one of the only reasons I'm still here in SoCal is that there are track days EVERY weekend :biggrin:

I was at Streets of Willow and the Balcony yesterday, and Big Willow today (not with the Yaris)

The local tracks are:

Willow Springs International Raceway (over 7 tracks!) www.willowspringsraceway.com
Buttonwillow Raceway www.buttonwillowraceway.com
California Speedway www.californiaspeedway.com
Irwindale Speedway www.irwindalespeedway.com
Laguna Seca www.laguna-seca.com

The clubs I usually go out with are:

www.speedventures.net
www.speedtrialusa.com
www.tracquest.com
www.driftday.com
www.justdrift.com
www.arosc.com
www.redlinetrackevents.com

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-08-2007, 01:59 AM
yo im in, lets go to some tracks together:smile:

03Z33
01-08-2007, 02:10 AM
I'll let you know when I take the Yaris to the track again... my next few days are in the Corolla, but I'd like to take the Yaris out again now that I've made some more changes.

I'd really like to run Horse Thief in the Yaris with Speedventures on Feb. 17/18 but I wouldn't recommend this as your first track day. The track has pretty steep drop offs and is not great for beginners.

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-08-2007, 02:14 AM
I'll let you know when I take the Yaris to the track again... my next few days are in the Corolla, but I'd like to take the Yaris out again now that I've made some more changes.

I'd really like to run Horse Thief in the Yaris with Speedventures on Feb. 17/18 but I wouldn't recommend this as your first track day. The track has pretty steep drop offs and is not great for beginners.

Really? do i have to pay to run the track?? I dont think im gonna race right away, just wanna take a free run on the track to see what I, and my Yaris can do. :smile:

Impresive-G
01-08-2007, 03:07 AM
Hey, when ever theres a Willow springs track event and you guys want to go. Hit me up. I'm down for some track time. Just give me dates and the price and where to sign up and im there.