http://www.gspr.com/blau/cars_home.html

wow.

at least wow as far as blaupunkt goes.

grimez
01-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Thats right, love me some Blaupunkt!

plushDJ
01-09-2007, 08:33 PM
You think those are good, check out the alpine demo cars, they're always amazing

bigsky2
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
FOCAL

The Spirit of Sound

Yes, I am a focal whore.

ChinoCharles
01-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Alpine, Focal, MB Quart... you can't f&$k with the real thing.

Yaris88
01-11-2007, 02:44 AM
JL AUDIO all the way nothing compares to a W7

uncleyaris
01-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I had a wicked system made up of kenwood HU, PPI amps, Kicker subs, and alpine 3 1/2, and 6 inchers. shop around and do your research.

uncle

eflb55
01-11-2007, 03:23 PM
I had a wicked system made up of kenwood HU, PPI amps, Kicker subs, and alpine 3 1/2, and 6 inchers. shop around and do your research.

uncle

fer shizzle

plushDJ
01-13-2007, 04:06 PM
JL AUDIO all the way nothing compares to a W7

Don't mean to disagree but JL is way overpriced and their performance isn't overly good. It was THE top brand but there is way better out now. Check out Resonant Engineering, Digital Designs, FI Audio....my list can go on with atleast six other companies.

eijikikimaru
01-25-2007, 05:16 AM
Don't mean to disagree but JL is way overpriced and their performance isn't overly good. It was THE top brand but there is way better out now. Check out Resonant Engineering, Digital Designs, FI Audio....my list can go on with atleast six other companies.

Please go on with the other six companies. I'm highly interested:help:

plushDJ
01-25-2007, 12:52 PM
OK :) Adire Audio (check out the Brahma), Memphis (their Mojo subs are just wicked), Soundsplinter has some of the best sq subs out there, Audioque, TC Sounds, Stereo Integrity.....just some of the awesome brands out there that can be bought instead of JL and I will guarantee you that they will outperform the JL in all areas and cost anywhere from half to equal price.
And all these co's have websites so they're easy to get in contact with. But I'd have to say if you're going to spend 500-600 on a W7 I'd go with a Digital Designs 9500 series sub. They're pretty much top of the line, I don't think anything can touch them.

sqcomp
01-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I know I'm a Noob on this forum but it seems to me that you guys really have to separate the idea of sound quality and SPL.

Soundsplinter for SQ? Meh...perhaps, if you have a well exectuted setup. I have as yet to see any of the Audioque, TC Sounds or Stereo Integrity choices trophy out in competition. DD is an SPL choice. RE and Adire don't seem to be doing much more than "SQL" applications. I might lump in Infinity Perfects and the Pioneer TSW 12 PRS with RE and Adire selections. I haven't directly compared any RE or Adire...or even AA model to model.

I dunno, I think of a pure SQ woofer to be like an Alumapro Alchemy, Illusion Audio ND or an old USD Audio pro.

...Then on the other hand there's always the thought that sub frequencies can't truely be quality sound. I'll ride the fence on that idea. Honestly, the woofer should have to go above 100 Hz. With a nice 3 way setup it might not even go above 50 Hz, especially with a nice dedicated midbass woofer.

I suppose my point is, define what kind of sound you're looking for.

No, I'm am NOT a JL fan. Especially after watching that retarted Unique Whips show. Ain't NO way JL is touching a Lambo in my garage. I think McIntosh, Butler, Audison, Sinfoni, Focal Be, Rainbow, Alpine "Z", Morel, Hybrid Audio Legatia or Sebra...and the like for an exotic...NOT JL by any means.

Yaris-TJ
01-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I've also found a not well known company, at least not as MTX, alpine, kicker, they are reaudio.com, they offer some HUGE subs. they offer a 12" that's 72 lbs!!!

they also feature a really cool interactive java porte box builder..check 'em out..I wish companies like this were more advertised...

plushDJ
01-26-2007, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=sqcomp;51310]I know I'm a Noob on this forum but it seems to me that you guys really have to separate the idea of sound quality and SPL.

Soundsplinter for SQ? Meh...perhaps, if you have a well exectuted setup. I have as yet to see any of the Audioque, TC Sounds or Stereo Integrity choices trophy out in competition. DD is an SPL choice. RE and Adire don't seem to be doing much more than "SQL" applications. I might lump in Infinity Perfects and the Pioneer TSW 12 PRS with RE and Adire selections. I haven't directly compared any RE or Adire...or even AA model to model.
QUOTE]

It's all in the setup buddy, that's what I gots to say. And yes, I do know the difference between sq, sql, and spl (good choices on your sq sub list too :smile: ). I've been in the stereo scene for over ten years now. I'm just trying to get some names out there OTHER than JL. Way overhyped and should burn in hell.

sqcomp
01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
I refuse to say that JL should burn in hell or anything, but it is over hyped. My thing is seeing JL in exotic cars. You'd figure that you have enough money to buy an exotic...follow it up with the real deal...not your everyday, run of the mill JL Audio.

I see these shows and they hype JL like it's the best. Oh boy, I have a huge carpet cleaning bill...I throw up each time I see them wrap some MDF with some cheap vinyl over JL components. There's NO way I'm putting JL or Crossfire in my exotic.

That's like sticking a high school center in an NFL game. Something's just not right.

...I have the feeling that I'm coming off as stuck up. The statement about install is 100% correct. Without proper setup (which incidentally includes my 5 "P's") you have a turd with JL written on it. At least if you have it setup correct you have a polished turd. :tongue: J/K

plushDJ
01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
lol couldn't agree more

sqcomp
01-30-2007, 11:15 AM
I suppose I should justify the statement I made about, I won't be using JL in my exotic...

...When I get an exotic I won't use JL. I feel better.

Hell, I'm selling my SRT-4 to get cheaper payments as well as being able to afford to mess with my first love, car audio. The crappiest thing is, I'll lose around 175 hp+. At least I'll gain reliability, spectacular mileage, lower insurance (I'm sure), better dealerships and a lower payment.

*sigh*

There's nothing like being able to have a 350Z or a GTO owner drop his teeth because you just smoked his $35k+ car. I hope you guys appreciate "THE look". It's hilarious.

Anyway, my wife will be happy and I'll get back into stereos instead of engines (which are ULTIMATELY more frustrating and expensive).