PDA

View Full Version : Yaris perofrmance issues

aucorium
01-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Has anybody had a slight performance differences over time , IE a slight drop in torque or acceleration?

Why im asking is i had my part changed which was faulty , it was a electronic vacume airflow switch , the car is driving fine , but im not sure if its my imagination but if feels as if it has slightly less pulling power like about 5% or so, maby its all in my head thinking because i had a problem now it feels different , but the Toyota guys here in south africa dont know anything about the Yaris , they havent even checked and ECU before for a yaris, they just seem to know how to service them.

anybody else have similair probs?or ideas for me to do?

i mean the car still hits the same KPH in each gear like it use to , just not sure

i mean in 1st gear i get 55kph , 2nd 101kph , and 3rd 145kph , 4th +- 177kph then 5th tops out at 188kph , which is the same as before , but some how torque feels slightly less , but , like i said , maby my imagination??

Katana
01-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Maybe it is your imagination.

Why mine has 45kph in 1st gear and 99kph in second gear?

spkrman
01-10-2007, 02:08 PM
i'd say imagination.

after you have any car for a while, it feels slower.

Kaotic Lazagna
01-10-2007, 02:49 PM
mine actually feels a little better than brand new (after break-in i guess).

swng
01-10-2007, 04:36 PM
i'd say imagination.

after you have any car for a while, it feels slower.

I support that.
Also, after the initial break-in, the car will become smoother and less jerky. That may make one believe that it has lost some torque.

maximapitko
01-10-2007, 06:47 PM
My Yaris got much faster over time guys...I am not sure what switch are you talking about but I'll tell you this:a lot of cars today have a MAP sensor(manifold absolute pressure) which is vacuum operated. I am not sure if the yaris has it or not but there is a good chance that it does. Pretty much what this sensor does is measure the pressure in the manifold and adjusts the timing accordingly. If this is what they changed and if they used a wrong part than this might be the cause of your loss in power(retared timing generaly means less power). Anyways, I am just thinking out loud...

largeorangefont
01-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Warm the car up, shut it off, pull the negative battery cable, mash the brakes a few times, reinstall the negative cable, fire it up and go drive it hard for 5-10 minutes. See if it is any better.

This will force the ECU to relearn the timing curve.

aucorium
01-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Wasup guys
my car has its power back , strange thing i learnt , it seems as if the yaris has a "memory" and over a while of driving , it keeps a average of the air intake ETC for certain conditions , so what i did was drive the car with the aircon on after picking up my dad and girlfriend from work , and when i dropped them off and put the aircon off , the car is now F#cking off again, i mean really pulling well , i think it has somthing to do with the mass air flow mixing history or somthing , i had the car at the dealer aswell and had my warnig buzzer disabled , they can do that through the com port with the intelligent tester, so , im happy again , and on saturday im fitting my new FIA aprroved , cobra racing bucket seats, i will post picks when im done.Thanks for all the help guys! This forum ROCKS!!!

spkrman
01-11-2007, 02:01 AM
the air conditioner?

aucorium
01-11-2007, 04:45 AM
yip , the aircon , i think there was a vacume block or somthing in the system , all i know is m she is good as new

calmcool
01-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Somehow in a car small like this one, it is better not to have the engine to drive too many things.

Chris07LB
01-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Happends in a lot of cars/trucks... with AC on, the performance suffers a bit.

Katana
01-15-2007, 04:53 PM
It has to do with our engine size!

Luck you Americans with the 1.5lt model!Hahaha

calmcool
01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
We should all ask for the Yaris 1.8L TS to come to America, so we don't have to suffer.