PDA

View Full Version : I want a 60/40!

piranha0522
02-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Hey ladies & gents, my Yaris is an '06 liftback and I really want a 60/40 split rear seat. I like the functionality of it AND I can get Clazzio seat covers!

Apparently they only make them for the 60/40? I didn't know that.
So if I can get my hands on a split seat it should fit no problem right? I don't forsee any problems with installing a split seat in my car but I want to make sure.

Has anyone here done this?
Thanks!

WeeYari
02-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Yes it's been done, and get to the back of the line of those wanting/waiting for the split seat.

piranha0522
02-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Awesome!

What do you mean waiting for a split seat? Is there a place where you can one from?
Cool that you're from Georgetown, I almost bought an orange Yaris RS at the toyota dealer there!
I'm about 20mins away in Rockwood.

WeeYari
02-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Every now and then someone with a 60/40 does a rear seat delete and will offer it for sale. Other than that, you need to comb wrecking yards hoping to stumble upon an RS wreck.

piranha0522
02-22-2011, 11:49 AM
I see what you mean. I was planning on going the wrecking yard route.

thebarber
02-22-2011, 12:31 PM
a split-fold from an 09+ yaris would likely match close enough w/ the black interior of an RS

if you have the blue dotted interior, the US model yaris had split fold seats in most models of hatch (unlike the canadian version)....and the seat covers would match

either way, ive been looking, but they're few and far between to find locally...(by which i mean michigan, western new york and the GTA)

bkndacn
02-22-2011, 12:45 PM
I do believe that there is a little bit of tweaking to get the 60/40 seats in .... not to bad tho..... I cant find it know but the thread is around here somewhere!

::Goes off in search for a thread in a haystack::

thebarber
02-22-2011, 12:50 PM
i think the additional bolt hole that is needed to attach the 60/40 is covered by sheet metal...its just a matter of drilling the metal covering the already-threaded hole beneath

MadMax
02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
60/40 split rear seat...http://msnsmileys.net/d/smileys/Drool/Drool_10.gif

Cheers! M2

bkndacn
02-22-2011, 01:14 PM
I wonder if Toyota sell them directly ? hmmm they'd probably want my first born for it tho :(

Yaristeve
02-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Funny, how the grass is greener on the other side...

I have a 60/40 but am looking for a standard bench seat. Mainly the frame as I would like to try and remove the rear seat and put in a lockable "trunk". Before you ask, I am not planning to sell my 60/40 seat even if I did find a bench seat frame and made a rear trunk...

To answer the next question, "If you want a trunk, why didn't you get a sedan?", I bought the 3-door hatch because I wanted a 2-door. :smile:

bkndacn
02-22-2011, 03:00 PM
^ Ill trade ya! lol

yaris2010RS
02-22-2011, 03:39 PM
OP, welcome to YW and glad to see another GTA member. good luck finding a yaris in the scrap yard, in all my hunts i have only found one and apparently it wasnt suspost to be there.

best bet is to make friends with a tow truck driver and next time he comes accross a writen off car he'll give u a call, thats how i get some of my extra random parts.

if the car is writen off by insurance, the junk yards that get them have to crush them as is, they cannot remove/sell any part of it, they can only sell the scrap metal chunk. the only cars in junk yards are the ones ppl dont wanna go thru insurance or dont have insurance or just want to get rid of the car (hence alot of civics and teenagers cars and low end cars or old cars that would be worth nothing)

thats at least how it works here in the GTA, dont know about anywhere else

i frequent MegaCity Auto Wreckers and thats the info they have told me. luckly they do have lots of echo's with the same engine as our yarii.

Klink10
02-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Heck if someone wants to make the drive to North Cackillacky I got a 60/40 (un-used) that I'll unload. I know shipping would be out of this world.

thebarber
02-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Heck if someone wants to make the drive to North Cackillacky I got a 60/40 (un-used) that I'll unload. I know shipping would be out of this world.

can you get it to woodbridge, va?

Klink10
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Well I thought I would edit but decided to start anew. Folks I just talked with Toyota and found out that they do not sell 60/40's as a whole unit. They are sold as pieces and parts to put the unit together. I was advised that the rough estimate cost of all items to make a seat would run about $3500.00. Yea I know....based on this plus the fact I know you folks are looking for a deal which I can't blame you and if I should have to put it back in to sell the car and I can't afford that cost, I'm going to hold off.

Now if someone wants it so bad (which I doubt) then.....naw I won't even go there.

I advised someone else in a PM.....continue to check the wrecking yards or go on Ebay and check those parts sellers and let them know what you are looking for.

Yaristeve
02-23-2011, 12:43 PM
OUCH!

That is almost 3 times the cost of the entire Power Package that you need to order to get the 60/40.

Mebbe I should take mine out and lock it in a safe before my car gets stolen for the seats...