PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Minneapolis, MN

maximapitko
01-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey guys,
just registered and decided to say a quick "Hello" :). I was really impressed from the quality and content of this forum simply because the yaris has not been around for that long. Anyways, if there are any other members close by, I'll be happy to hook up...:thumbsup:

spkrman
01-10-2007, 04:24 AM
yup forum grows everyday, welcome :)

ChinoCharles
01-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Welcome welcome! The first question that generally gets asked of all of our new members... what are your plans for the car?

the.shau
01-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the forum...

ECHOKnight2000
01-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey guys,
just registered and decided to say a quick "Hello" :). I was really impressed from the quality and content of this forum simply because the yaris has not been around for that long. Anyways, if there are any other members close by, I'll be happy to hook up...:thumbsup:

I live in north of St. Paul! Shoreview??? :thumbsup:

maximapitko
01-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Hello again guys,
to be honest for now I am planning on leaving the car stock(performance wise) save for a K&N stock filter replacement. I'll be adding some power locks for the wife to enjoy and probably I'll change the old style green lights on the radio and vent control. I checked out the wheel/tire combos on ebay which seemed really good but I am going to use up my stock tires first because I simply don't have any place to store them in case of an upgrade. I bought the car in Oct and it already has 12k on it. With this rate of driving I can see the new rims probably sometime mid summer. Anyways, I am glad to see that there are local members around me that I can actually meet(this is a first one :) ). I predict great future for this foorum and I am really happy to be part of it from the very begining. I'll post some pics of the yare(close enough to yaris in my first language which means "lamb" and happens to be my cars nickname :) ). Take care forlks...

CF-Shane
08-20-2007, 10:59 PM
<--- new member from Plymouth, MN, so there's another MN resident here now :D

Goalie
08-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Hey guys, have one on order here in Western, WI. (Houlton, across from Stillwater) Cant find a loaded LB 5 speed. Been working with Maplewood Toyota, Lucas Cameron-INternet guy. Have you guys experienced the supply and demand shortages in finding your specific wants in the yaris around here??

Goalie
08-26-2007, 10:34 AM
IS there anyone having a meet here this fall. Hope to have one in a couple of weeks. Was into old VW's and they have a real good local club. Nice meets and shows. Very involved members. Have moved on and my daily driver (96 ford aspire) is getting tired. Am going to combine a daily driver with some modification fun. It's like coming in the back door to having a car I can play with but still take to work. Throwing up a smoke screen for the MRS. Have been spying on these cars for a while. Been thinking about the following:

Aveo-Chevy, nuff said
Mini-Too expensive
Smart-need 4 seats and not avialable
Echo-looks a bit funny

Now the answer is here---YARIS Sweeeeeeeet

If I ever get a car and anyone wants to get together for a beer or something in our area, lets do er.

jasoner@wipaire.com

churp
08-26-2007, 12:43 PM
IS there anyone having a meet here this fall. Hope to have one in a couple of weeks. Was into old VW's and they have a real good local club. Nice meets and shows. Very involved members. Have moved on and my daily driver (96 ford aspire) is getting tired. Am going to combine a daily driver with some modification fun. It's like coming in the back door to having a car I can play with but still take to work. Throwing up a smoke screen for the MRS. Have been spying on these cars for a while. Been thinking about the following:

Aveo-Chevy, nuff said
Mini-Too expensive
Smart-need 4 seats and not avialable
Echo-looks a bit funny

Now the answer is here---YARIS Sweeeeeeeet

If I ever get a car and anyone wants to get together for a beer or something in our area, lets do er.

jasoner@wipaire.com

Good to see more Yaris owners in the WI/MN area...let me know if anyone plans a meet, I'm always up for a drive!

Goalie
08-27-2007, 10:56 PM
I have learned more from this forum in two days and am very thankful. Thanks much guys. Look fwd to a long stay here in Yaris World. Found out how messed up Toyota is on ordering cars and how starving dealerships are for loaded up cars. Have decided on auto but still want power package. Gave my local dealership where I bought my 06 Camery a week to give me a date. Found several cars with a few phone calls. That was easy!!!!!!! Got a good lead from one of the forum members. THanks for that !!! Will keep you all posted.

C ya

JBougie
03-15-2009, 04:51 AM
It's cool to see MN people on here! I'm in Roseville myself!

silaypalmer13
03-19-2009, 10:15 PM
St Cloud here... do you guys have any snow left towards the cities right now? Were pretty much all clear here!

JBougie
03-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Thank goodness all of ours is gone too... it's been beautiful the last few days :)

Smallstrup
11-17-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm in Andover - new to the site as of yesterday! :)

toad
11-17-2009, 11:42 AM
welcome!

cherrie
01-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I just bought a yaris on January 2! It is cool to see what people have been doing to their cars. I am in the Uptown area Mpls.

kargoboy
01-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Welcome all you new folks...

JBougie
03-13-2010, 01:15 AM
I just bought a yaris on January 2! It is cool to see what people have been doing to their cars. I am in the Uptown area Mpls.

You are near me! I am in Merriam Park, St. Paul

'LilRedYaris
05-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Hello everyone! I'm over in Bayport MN. I just bought my slightly used '07 Yaris on the 19th from Maplewood Toyota. Love it so far! It's got all the goodies for a 'base' model. It's my new commuter car for going back and forth to school.

I also just created a social group called: Minnesota Yaris Owners Alliance. Please feel free to join.

YarisPete
05-27-2010, 03:32 PM
From Red Wing here. Drive an 09' White LB. Put on 52K since December of 08'.

toad
05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
^welcome! you do a bit of driving don't you?

YarisPete
06-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Yes I do. Hoping it's going to last a long time!!!! I love it though.