PDA

View Full Version : shops

uncleyaris
01-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Anyone in the Toronto area that can recommend any places to buy stuff for our cars?

thanks

uy

butterflykawaii
01-27-2007, 11:16 PM
And how about the Vancouver area hmmmm?

dngz
01-27-2007, 11:26 PM
In vancouver, boomplus toys down on Main and Marine dr. they have some stuff, but most of the other stuff is bought online. what exactly are you looking for?

bigsky2
01-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Yes, please specify what you are looking for?

Performance and Body oriented parts/mods:

- Boom Plus Toys
- Rev Competition
- A&J Racing
- Garage Five

If you are looking for interior additions, go to any of the Asian malls in Richmond or Burnaby and go to the car/auto accessory stores. Shift knobs, air fresheners, sport pedals, light bulbs, etc...

dngz
01-28-2007, 03:47 PM
rev doesnt have that much for yaris. right now, they are concentration on euro cars. For the yaris, they do have work wheels, tein basics and a few products from blitz. They do have a guy working there selling a brand new Tom's flywheel for 800 bucks..

butterflykawaii
02-23-2007, 12:02 AM
In vancouver, boomplus toys down on Main and Marine dr. they have some stuff, but most of the other stuff is bought online. what exactly are you looking for?

In Japan there are alot of places to go when I had a Vitz and Celica. They even had stuff for the Surf. Here I can't find anything really. Or I guess I just don't know the right people. The dealership can't even help me with the TRD stuff....

I am looking for a cold air intake and want to put in a better flow exhaust and some lowering springs. That's a start. I have stuff ordered from a friend in Japan (actually, my ex), but I doubt anything will show up even though he has alot of connections with Toyota. Thanks for your help. It's sweet.

butterflykawaii
02-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks Bigsky2!!
I will check these places out or send my bf to check them out with me. I have gone to the Malls in Richmond and yah, that's where I got my Hello kitty stuff. Ok. sorry, I'm a girl. I like that stuff. I know it's not cool, but it's cute.
I am looking for some basic performance stuff since my ex was a driver and I was really into that community of things when living in Japan. I worked for Toyota. (*who didn't there?).
I'm looking for intakes, exhaust system and a lighter flywheel and lowering springs, but not sure about the coilovers. I still want a reliable and fuel efficient car but want something that will go faster when I go on road trips to Calgary and stuff. Know what I mean jellybean?
Thanks!! cya.

Yes, please specify what you are looking for?

Performance and Body oriented parts/mods:

- Boom Plus Toys
- Rev Competition
- A&J Racing
- Garage Five

If you are looking for interior additions, go to any of the Asian malls in Richmond or Burnaby and go to the car/auto accessory stores. Shift knobs, air fresheners, sport pedals, light bulbs, etc...

dngz
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks Bigsky2!!
I will check these places out or send my bf to check them out with me. I have gone to the Malls in Richmond and yah, that's where I got my Hello kitty stuff. Ok. sorry, I'm a girl. I like that stuff. I know it's not cool, but it's cute.
I am looking for some basic performance stuff since my ex was a driver and I was really into that community of things when living in Japan. I worked for Toyota. (*who didn't there?).
I'm looking for intakes, exhaust system and a lighter flywheel and lowering springs, but not sure about the coilovers. I still want a reliable and fuel efficient car but want something that will go faster when I go on road trips to Calgary and stuff. Know what I mean jellybean?
Thanks!! cya.

If you want to stick with toyota products, you can get a trd intake from trdsparks.com. If you want to lower your car, trd do offer lowering springs. I do not recommend paying over $950 at the dealership for the eibach pro kit. If you want a flywheel and you dont care about money, and you REALLY want to stick with JDM stuff, there is a guy selling a TOM'S Flywheel for $800 at RevCompetition. Coilovers, you can get TEIN Basics for around $1000 at RevCompetition too. Exhaust, if you only want an axle back and you still want to stick with JDM products, boomplustoys has the fujitsubo power ghetter. nice looking, nice sounding, probably free up ur exhaust a lil bit but I would still suggest going to an muffler shop and get a custom exhaust. If you plan to do so, I would recommend CarLine Mufflers down on bridgeport.

Tiida
03-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Anyone in the Toronto area that can recommend any places to buy stuff for our cars?

thanks

uy

Yo I did my hid and window tint in BE, great guy to deal with:headbang:

Teruyume
03-07-2007, 04:21 PM
for GTA area i will recommand OptionJdm.com, even though their website looks like honda only, but they actually will get anyparts u want.

and JDM-P, located on Kennedy, North of steeles, south of Hwy7, it's slightly south of the VW, Benz, Honda dealership, just right besides the Tim Horton, u won't miss the sign, they specialize on JDM used parts, like he can get u JDM front bumpers and rear bumps and rear axles soemthing like that, also can order anything brand new from JP.

or Jrponline.com carry lots of JDM and USDM parts

bigsky2
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks Bigsky2!!
Thanks!! cya.

Yes ms. butterfly cutie, I know what ya mean jelly bean.

I think Vancouver and the Lower Mainland is spoiled by import shops, there's a handful of shops that can get hard to find products.

Here's a break down of what I suggest, and what I went through to get my own parts:

Intakes
- Bought mine online from C2Auto, a supporting vendor here on the forums. Can also look to TRDSparks.com for TRD intake if you are inclined to do so.
- Locally, they can be ordered from BPT, RevComp, A&J, SR Auto, etc, etc. I can't comment on the prices, but they should be comparable to online retailers.

Exhaust
- Bought mine online, from TRDSparks.com because they carried the JDM TRD Vitz Hi-Response Muffler Ver. S (gotta' love the name for a simple axle-back exhaust) made specifically for the JDM Toyota Vitz RS
- Can also be had locally, from BPT, Rev, A&J, etc, etc... Just tell them what you want, and they can order it (if you like the price)

Flywheels, other internals
- This stuff is a little more specialized and should be ordered from import shops locally. The price will be steep, but if you cannot get the product you want through your own channels, it would be easier to have the import shop do all that for you.

Springs, Coilovers, Suspension
- If you are comfortable doing these mods yourself, I suggest purchasing them from online/sponsoring vendors to save some money.
- Can also be had at local shops

Local shops exist because some people will not bother trying to source parts through their own channels. It takes time to contact online retailers and vendors, trying to establish a relationship, haggle on prices, etc...
The local shops have already done this and they can get the part for you on whim. Because of this, you will have to pay a small premium to cover their costs.

It's entirely up to you how you want to approach it. I purchased a few things locally because of convenience, and other items online because they were less expensive (even after shipping, import taxes).

Good luck butterfly cutie

butterflykawaii
03-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks Bigsky and Dngz. I'll hafta check out these places. You ever notice that when you go into these places they seem more interested in you more than the car? Hmmmm.
Anyways, I don't plan on getting my hands dirty. I'm looking for someone to do the work for me.

I'll check out these places. Thank you for all your help!

mojoyaris
04-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi BK, When are you coming back from Japan?