PDA

View Full Version : Scratched the Finish of my front bumper

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-15-2007, 02:27 AM
I scratched my front bumper today by cleaning using a dry rough towel, the scratch can only be seen by the sunlight reflection, i tried to use wax but it wont cover it up, still can tell by the sun reflection, it was the finish been scratched, not the paint, does any one know how to fix the finish of the paint?? What can i use to make it dispear even looking at it with the sun reflection??:confused:

bugnuts
01-15-2007, 02:48 AM
You need to use a product called liquid glaze or liquid glazing compound (not to be confused with rubbing compound, or machine glaze) This is a liquid kinda like liquid wax and can be purchased at most auto parts stores, Meguiars has an entire line of glaze products, It is for minor scuffs, swirls (like what you got from the towel). Use it with a cotton cloth, Very clean and soft (not a terry towel), I like to use plain cotton t-shirts, Use an ample amount and rub it like you are waxing except with more pressure. Also may want to remove the wax with some basic rubbing alchohol before hand.

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-15-2007, 02:56 AM
You need to use a product called liquid glaze or liquid glazing compound (not to be confused with rubbing compound, or machine glaze) This is a liquid kinda like liquid wax and can be purchased at most auto parts stores, Meguiars has an entire line of glaze products, It is for minor scuffs, swirls (like what you got from the towel). Use it with a cotton cloth, Very clean and soft (not a terry towel), I like to use plain cotton t-shirts, Use an ample amount and rub it like you are waxing except with more pressure. Also may want to remove the wax with some basic rubbing alchohol before hand.

WOW thx for the info Buddy, im at the http://www.meguiars.com site you told me and tring to find what u told me, can you go on the site and show me which product i should use , because im confused, thank you buddy :confused:

Kaotic Lazagna
01-15-2007, 04:08 AM
i took my to the dealer and they buffed out my "scratch". can't see it anymore.

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-15-2007, 04:10 AM
i took my to the dealer and they buffed out my "scratch". can't see it anymore.

Really, u mean TOYOTA dealer? how did u get ur scratch? how bad, and how much did they charge u?

07WYarisRS
01-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Buy a tube of scratch X
or even better

The Meguiars deep crystal system. With the deep crystal syatm you only need the first steps (1 and 2) then use the same wax you have been using all along. The first step is a paint cleaner and scratch remover. the second step is a polish.

Apply the compounds with a microfiber cloth or microfiber covered foam pad.

bugnuts
01-15-2007, 01:40 PM
WOW thx for the info Buddy, im at the http://www.meguiars.com site you told me and tring to find what u told me, can you go on the site and show me which product i should use , because im confused, thank you buddy :confused:

Here is the link to the glaze @ Meguiars http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Professional%20(Mirro r%20Glaze%20Brand)%3EAuto%20Paint%20Care%3ECar%20P olishes%3EPure%20Polishes&sectionID=31401

Use either the New Car Glaze, or Show Car Glaze
I used the Show Car Glaze on the last car that I painted, plus I just used it on the Yaris when I filled in some rock chips. If the link for some reason does not work they are under- Professional (Mirror Glaze Brand)>Auto Paint Care>Car Polishes>Pure Polishes on Meguiars.com, But just remember that you have covered the swirl mark on the clear coat with wax now so it will have to be removed to acually get the the damage, otherwise you are just polishing wax.

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Yay i got it fixed, i went to auto zone and got the Mequiars Scratch X because what you guys told me about Mequiars, and i also did a research reviews on the web of the Scratch X and i got alot of good feedback on the reviews, i also bought a microfiber towel, total for about $15, so i went home washed the spot where it had scratches, dry it , the apply the Scratch X with the mircofiber towel, the result is awesome, i can hardly see the scratches anymore, though it is not like brand new no scratch looking, but i think this is the best ressult as it can get for a scratch remover tube, thank yo you guys, you guys are awesome, i love you guys on YarisWorld.com:thumbup:

bugnuts
01-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Good to know, I will have to try the scratchX now. Meguiars makes the best auto care products period!! I use the Meguiars microfibre drying towel, It rocks! Better than a leather sheep skin any day.. Not to mention the Goldclass wax and quick detailer.

jdomville
01-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I developed a "nick" on the edge of the drivers door on my 2007 Yaris Bayou Blue Liftback. Duplicolor has nothing for this color / year yet. However they
(Duplicolor) were good enough to direct me to paintscratch.com. They had my color and I was able to order the touchup up base coat and the clear top coat in a small bottle like Duplicolor sells in the Auto Stores. They also have the paints in larger quanities.

bugnuts
01-25-2007, 08:44 PM
I ordered touch up paint from my Toyota dealer, They had to get it from Japan and it took about three weeks. The paint is 1/2 ounce and has the brush or roller in it, It is a perfect match for color and only $8.00 with no shipping charge.

manborn
03-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I ordered touch up paint from my Toyota dealer, They had to get it from Japan and it took about three weeks. The paint is 1/2 ounce and has the brush or roller in it, It is a perfect match for color and only $8.00 with no shipping charge.

i got the same one and im not sure about applying it

i have a nick in the tip of my door that i can feel with my fingers

and some scratches that i cannot feel

i was thinking about using the brush on the nick but the toyota touch up didnt have a clear coat or does it already have it mixed?

then for the scratches, i will use the ball pen

has anyone actually used this and did it work? im afraid of using scratch x incase it will leave a spot after wiping it dry and if it will conflict with toyoguard

im almost close to just taking it to the dealer and letting them handle it but who knows how much they charge plus im very uncomfortable leaving it with them unless for service

eijikikimaru
03-21-2007, 01:57 AM
I hit a curb when turning to avoid, get this, a puddle of water :mad: Yes I know it's stupid, but I just got it cleaned... didn't want to get the car wet :cry:

Now my baby's rear right rim has a scrape about an inch long what am I to do???

Yes, a bit :offtopic: Sorry

Pavel Olavich
03-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Check your alignment too!