welcome lah...

:biggrin:

khonthai
02-04-2007, 07:44 AM
any malaysian here..??????

saya thai+malayu

smurf
02-11-2007, 09:48 AM
betul-betul kurang orang melaysia lah......
tak syok pun beli yaris ....takde gang........hehehehehehe

leowhy
02-12-2007, 10:33 AM
don't say like that pal, Yaris still new in Malaysia... :)

tlsoh
02-12-2007, 12:00 PM
don't say like that pal, Yaris still new in Malaysia... :)
Hi leowhy, my name is soh, nice to know there another malaysian in these forum.:thumbsup:

tlsoh
02-12-2007, 12:01 PM
which part of malaysia are you from ?

leowhy
02-12-2007, 09:29 PM
hi, nice to meet u too...

i stay & work in Penang.
just got my Yaris 1.5G (Dark Blue Mica) on 2nd Jan...
So far, i noticed only a few Yaris on the road, 2 Red, 1 Silver & 1 Orange... all S-Spec... (T_T)....

anyway, where r u from? :)

tlsoh
02-13-2007, 10:54 AM
hi, nice to meet u too...

i stay & work in Penang.
just got my Yaris 1.5G (Dark Blue Mica) on 2nd Jan...
So far, i noticed only a few Yaris on the road, 2 Red, 1 Silver & 1 Orange... all S-Spec... (T_T)....

anyway, where r u from? :)
From Klg, Selangor. Yaris's for my wife but most of d time I'm driving. Got d car on end May'06. If not because of my wife i won't buy such an expensive car for such a small size. Anyway t car is 1.5S ( Pale Orange ), up to today there not many Yaris car around Klg & even K.L. Most of them said it a nice car but very expensive.

eTiMaGo
02-13-2007, 10:58 AM
RM90K+ for a Yaris there, right? No wonder proton and perodua will always be best sellers :laugh:

leowhy
02-13-2007, 06:57 PM
well, i've drove a Proton Wira Aeroback 1.5GLi for more than 7 years & although it didn't give any major problem, the assembly parts wear & tear + all kinds of wierd sounds during driving are just quite unbearable... :(

agreed that Yaris Hatchback is on the "enonomy/cheapest" in the toyota cars lineup & its being charged over expansive here in my country, but the over all assembly quality is more than satisfactory to me...

i'm not going to start any kind of fruitless complaints/debates on overprice, proctective policy etc... thus... peace... :)

to add...
hi Loh, its still rare in Malaysia but on the positive side, this will give it the "eye turning factor"... :D

Black Yaris
02-13-2007, 07:01 PM
RM90K+ for a Yaris there, right? No wonder proton and perodua will always be best sellers :laugh:

What is that about 26,000 USD?

eTiMaGo
02-13-2007, 08:19 PM
What is that about 26,000 USD?

roughly, yeah... there's like a 300% import tax on cars, so only the locally produced cars are affordable. And they still sell 20 year old designs that probably would fail so badly in any real crash test :laugh:

It's the same here, but Toyota, Honda and other Japanese companies manufacture here, so there's a lot more choice for affordable cars.

But anyway, I'm happy to see you guys going for the Yaris, it will definitely be a rare sight, so make'em look good!

leowhy
02-13-2007, 09:30 PM
well, i intend to let it keep the original look for few years before i start to "add stuff" hahaha... frankly, i'm not a big fan for modding... but since i get the 1.5G version which is without any factory install body-kit, ya... i might survey for it in the future...
The only concern i have is since this vehicle is rare (at least currently), thus the availability & choices of such add-ons will be very limited...

eTiMaGo
02-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Well if you want anything from the country up north, let me know :wink:

By the way, just a quick question, looking at the 3D preview on Toyota Malaysia's site, it looks like the Yaris there has the US-style thick rear bumper, is it actually like that?

leowhy
02-13-2007, 10:51 PM
i can't actually compare... will photo help explain?
but if u visit the "BLUE YARIS" section in this forum, there are many many Yaris photos there, both 2 doords & 4 doors hatchbacks...
and the one offered in malaysia is 99% identical...
hope this can help... :)
BTW, anything speecial about it? look nicer? uglier? stronger? weaker? :)

eTiMaGo
02-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Only difference is the rear bumper's depth. Meaning that rear bumper skirts for Japan/Thailand/Europe models would not fit on these bumpers wihtout modification.

It's a bit difficult to tell, though, best is to take a picture from the side of the car.

For example..

Big Butt US model:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/images/funkygarage/153/DSC00776.JPG

Small butt model:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/images/funkygarage/7/_MG_0679_big.jpg

Look how much it sticks out below the tail lights

Black Yaris
02-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Yeah we do have pretty fat asses here in North America

leowhy
02-14-2007, 08:55 AM
i see... in that case, the one intro in malaysia belong to the "big butt" type... :P

tlsoh
02-14-2007, 11:03 AM
well, i intend to let it keep the original look for few years before i start to "add stuff" hahaha... frankly, i'm not a big fan for modding... but since i get the 1.5G version which is without any factory install body-kit, ya... i might survey for it in the future...
The only concern i have is since this vehicle is rare (at least currently), thus the availability & choices of such add-ons will be very limited...
Well that depends on what add-ons are u talking about, last saturday i just installed Pivot raizin Volt Stabilizer ( Blue ) and Spark Earth, maybe next will will install V-Cool ( t weather in Klg Valley nowadays is hott ).

tlsoh
02-14-2007, 11:09 AM

By the way, just a quick question, looking at the 3D preview on Toyota Malaysia's site, it looks like the Yaris there has the US-style thick rear bumper, is it actually like that?Hi, eTiMaGo my name is Soh, since u where taking about up north, I was thinking on installing centre console for my car, any idea where i can get it in Hatyai.

eTiMaGo
02-15-2007, 12:37 AM
In Hatyai? I really have no idea, I think Bangkok would have the most choices :biggrin:

But you might want to find a Toyota delearship or service center...

leowhy
02-15-2007, 02:18 AM
to Loh...
wah... u already got the 1.5S (the suppose sportier version) & still wanna add stuff so soon!!??
i thought your Yaris belongs to your wife & you are only her driver? :P
she allow you to mod? :P
haha... :P

to etimago,
i do interested in knowing whether Yaris offered in Thailand is having eletric control retractable side mirrors with signal lamps? how about autocruise?
issit ever possible we install these 2 options?

thanks... :respect:

eTiMaGo
02-15-2007, 02:49 AM
The side mirrors are offered on higher spec models. I'm not 100% sure about the auto retract but they have the turn signal repeaters. Cruise control I don't remember seeing in any options list. Not very popular here, almost impossible to find a steady speed on any road :biggrin:

tlsoh
02-15-2007, 10:02 AM
It's my wife car, but maintenance & upgrade she leave it to me.

tlsoh
02-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi eTiMaGo i did check on toyota thailand website, took few address and contact number of toyota service centre in hatyai, but haven't call t centre to check. In malaysia toyota SC doesn't sell accessories, only spare parts. How about thailand toyota SC?

eTiMaGo
02-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Well since some of the stuff you are looking for are standard on thai cars, it is possible they have them in stock as spare parts :wink:

smurf
02-19-2007, 03:05 AM
hi all..............
finally i found some yaris pal here......
i'm from sabah........
from what i know.....malaysia's yaris r inported from thailand....all the spec r same as thailand.......
mine is 1.5s...........

really like it very much...but....realy hard to find acc. for it...
at sabah...it coz me 100k++.....:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

eTiMaGo
02-19-2007, 03:16 AM
Selamat Datang :biggrin:

Yeah it really confused me as well that the Yaris in Malaysia has the "big butt"... Maybe the crash test restrictions are more strict there...

smurf
02-19-2007, 05:22 AM
etimago.......
wat is the price for the c-one bodykit there...?????
fiber or PU...???

tlsoh
02-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi, smurf your 1.5S cost more due to shpping cost, whereas peninsular malaysia can come in by road from thailand.

Hi, eTiMaGo to clear your confused don't u know that " big butt " can with stand more impact if you are knock from back. :w00t: :clap:

leowhy
02-20-2007, 08:53 PM
hello smurf... :)
u r owning a S-spec Yaris still wanna add body-kit!!??

& regarding the "big butt" i kinda like that... its not that big compare to our home-made myvi... :P

smurf
03-01-2007, 03:30 AM
hello smurf... :)
u r owning a S-spec Yaris still wanna add body-kit!!??

& regarding the "big butt" i kinda like that... its not that big compare to our home-made myvi... :P

i bought s-spec bcoz of the rear disc break..not the bodykit.......
the ori bodykit look so simple....plan to change.....

cleong
03-01-2007, 07:32 AM
We have a group of Yaris owners in Singapore also - hope the mods don't mind me posting the link to the forum.

http://www.yarisclub.com.sg

We're planning to drive into Malaysia soon and would love to meet up with fellow Yaris owners in Malaysia.

Maybe the Thais can come meet up too.

How does a rendezvous in Cameron Highlands sound??? :thumbup:

eTiMaGo
03-01-2007, 08:38 AM
We have a group of Yaris owners in Singapore also - hope the mods don't mind me posting the link to the forum.

We're planning to drive into Malaysia soon and would love to meet up with fellow Yaris owners in Malaysia.

Wow that would eb one hell of a meeting! I doubt I'd be able to join, but the road trip would be fun!

Blenjar
03-01-2007, 08:45 AM
careful..its probably a plan to get rob!!!
lol jk
have fun

-- Blen

leowhy
03-02-2007, 03:04 AM
i bought s-spec bcoz of the rear disc break..not the bodykit.......
the ori bodykit look so simple....plan to change.....
what color are u having? may i have the "simple" bodykit?:laugh: :biggrin:

aloha... Yaris happy family... :thumbup:
i'll definitely check out the sg yaris club...
Cameron is not a bad place for gathering, but the roads are... :sweat:
but its a good route for u to do something like in the famous "initial-D" thing...:thumbsup:

careful..its probably a plan to get rob!!!
lol jk
have fun
-- Blen
ya... must consider this seriously... haha... joking too... :)

smurf
03-02-2007, 03:45 AM
what color are u having? may i have the "simple" bodykit?:laugh: :biggrin:

my ride is black......:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
u want it..?????????:laugh: where's ur location..????
i'm from sabah....

leowhy
03-02-2007, 04:37 AM
too bad... mine's dark blue mica... i'm from penang by the way... just ask since u said u r changing to other bodykits... :)

cleong
03-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Our first attempt will probably be a shorter trip to Genting and then back... will keep you guys posted when this happens

cleong
05-01-2007, 03:51 AM
We made a 5 hour raid into Johor and back:

http://eaglet.org/albums/Yaris/CRW_9282.jpg

http://eaglet.org/albums/Yaris/CRW_9277.jpg

http://eaglet.org/albums/Yaris/CRW_9288.jpg

http://eaglet.org/albums/Yaris/CRW_9284.jpg

http://eaglet.org/albums/Yaris/CRW_9278.jpg

eTiMaGo
05-01-2007, 04:02 AM
hahahah the dynamic duo strikes again!

leowhy
05-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Great Photos!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

blacksan
05-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I would love to drive a car with the steering wheel on the right just once. The only cars like that in my area are US Postal Workers that deliver the mail.

smurf
05-11-2007, 05:11 AM
wow...nice photo u hav there..................

smurf
05-11-2007, 05:52 AM
can any 1 help me....
now i wish to change my car radio........but i cant get the dash kit...
our malaysia version is like this

then i want to change to overseas version....something like this...
not the radio ofcos...only the kits...

leowhy
05-17-2007, 04:11 AM
i just asked from my SC in Penang, they dun even welcome my intention to add on the "official advertise body kit for 1.5G" !!! :(

cleong
05-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Anyone from Penang? I'm headed up there from Monday to Wednesday, wondering if there are anything Yaris-related worth visiting/buying.

smurf
05-17-2007, 12:54 PM
i just asked from my SC in Penang, they dun even welcome my intention to add on the "official advertise body kit for 1.5G" !!! :(
wow...why..?????they dont like money..???:frown:
nvm ...just get that bodykit outside....i think its cheaper.....
y dont u just drive ur car to thailand and buy the cone style bodykit..???
:thumbsup:

smurf
05-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Anyone from Penang? I'm headed up there from Monday to Wednesday, wondering if there are anything Yaris-related worth visiting/buying.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
leowhy from penang .....

leowhy
05-18-2007, 03:16 AM
Yaris is a rare kit on the road up north...:wink: so i guest nothing much that is yaris specific can be found...
but if time is right, we might snap some Yaris photos.. (ours) together... hahaha...

wow...why..?????they dont like money..???:frown:
nvm ...just get that bodykit outside....i think its cheaper.....
y dont u just drive ur car to thailand and buy the cone style bodykit..???
:thumbsup:
not dare going up right now... :P

cleong
05-18-2007, 05:50 AM
I'm not driving up, I'm flying, so maybe next time when I do take my car up we will do a meetup :)

eTiMaGo
05-18-2007, 05:52 AM
hey the car is small enough to take as luggage :biggrin:
If only you had a kancil, you could fold it in 4 by hand to take less space... :laugh:

cleong
05-23-2007, 08:07 AM
I spent 2 days in Penang, saw one Yaris, and it had Thai plates. :frown:

leowhy
05-24-2007, 08:32 PM
I spent 2 days in Penang, saw one Yaris, and it had Thai plates. :frown:

is that a white one? i saw a thai white yaris two days ago too...:w00t:

cleong
05-25-2007, 09:38 AM
is that a white one? i saw a thai white yaris two days ago too...:w00t:

No it was a black E-spec, stock as a rock.

strayato.hirzaki
05-27-2007, 01:17 PM
hey, leow. am i glad to see you here. remember me from the other forum ? well, i've been hanging around here for quite some time and decided it's time for me to join up. heh :P.

well, hola, ppl. strayato.hirzaki reporting in from KL, gimme a honk if you spot a black mica S spec with the WPH XXX plate :thumbup: i'm looking for some new rims for my ride. the thing is i can't seem to find one to my liking. i do fancy the 17" wheels that was fitted on the new TS though. does anybody have any lubang to get those?

leowhy
05-27-2007, 07:49 PM
hey, leow. am i glad to see you here. remember me from the other forum ? well, i've been hanging around here for quite some time and decided it's time for me to join up. heh :P.

well, hola, ppl. strayato.hirzaki reporting in from KL, gimme a honk if you spot a black mica S spec with the WPH XXX plate :thumbup: i'm looking for some new rims for my ride. the thing is i can't seem to find one to my liking. i do fancy the 17" wheels that was fitted on the new TS though. does anybody have any lubang to get those?

hi, yes i do remember that we had a short chat the other day... :laugh:

looking for 17" rims eh? while u are in KL & still not finding one for your likings, then i guest u might have to plan & do some travelling (to JB/s'pre)...

u may have a chat with member cleong here as he's also an active member in the s'pore's yaris club which is quite active + there's a few modding enthusiast among them too... :w00t:

i'm sure they will have those lubangs & perhaps u may able to find the rims of ur liking there... :biggrin:

Safariworld
06-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi all! I just joined the forum. Nice to meet other Yaris owners in Malaysia. I'm from KL and I have a red Yaris S.

Smurf, are you still looking for the audio din cover? Its available in KL from Wing Hing. Not sure of how much it would cost, but they are well stocked.

Would be great if the Malaysian owners could come together and start something...

tlsoh
06-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi, Strayato if u r looking for choices of rims, than the right place for u to look is in Klang town. There's a lot of rim shops in Klang.

cleong
06-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Some Yaris from Singapore are coming up to Johor Circuit (Pasir Gudang) on Sunday June 17th. Any Malaysian Yarii want to meet us there?

leowhy
06-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Some Yaris from Singapore are coming up to Johor Circuit (Pasir Gudang) on Sunday June 17th. Any Malaysian Yarii want to meet us there?

TOO FAR FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

i'll take 1 day for me drive down & 1 day to drive up!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

cleong
06-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Well we know you're from Penang, it is a fair whack to get down here. But you've probably not seen this many Yarii gathered before...... :P

Safariworld
06-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Cleong, are you guys joining a open track session at Pasir Gudang or have you rented the place? I would really like to meet up. But its quite a drive from KL for a day trip. Anyhow, what time will you be there?

leowhy
06-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Well we know you're from Penang, it is a fair whack to get down here. But you've probably not seen this many Yarii gathered before...... :P

u r so bad... :laugh:

cleong
06-08-2007, 02:02 AM
We are joining an open track session that runs from 1-5pm. Assuming no last minute pull-outs we should have about 5 or 6 Yaris turning up, plus a few miscellaneous cars. You need shoes and helmet if you want to track your car. It should cost RM$120 for the 4 hour session.

We are meeting up at about 9am to cross the border into Malaysia, so do give us an sms if you're coming down.

Safariworld
06-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Cleong, have you guys considered coming to Sepang for an open track day? I recall that the Vios Owners Club Singapore did that about a month ago. There is actually an upcoming Sepang track day for July. However, its organised by a 3rd party and not the track itself hence the fee is slightly inflated. Heres the link:

http://www.hpcevents.com/register.htm

BTW, is there a Singapore Yaris club forum?

cleong
06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
yes.... www.yarisclub.com.sg

Sepang's a bit big already, maybe when we've done Pasir Gudang we'll try Sepang next.

smurf
06-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Hi all! I just joined the forum. Nice to meet other Yaris owners in Malaysia. I'm from KL and I have a red Yaris S.

Smurf, are you still looking for the audio din cover? Its available in KL from Wing Hing. Not sure of how much it would cost, but they are well stocked.

Would be great if the Malaysian owners could come together and start something...
yea i still need the cover.....
wing hing got the cover edi..?????wat lar..last time i call ..they said they will call me when they hav the stock.......:mad:
ok ok...i will call them again...thanks dude....:biggrin:

Safariworld
06-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Smurf, you are in Sabah, right? I think they had the audio cover since the time their car appeared on Xtremekar magazine. When I was at the shop, they asked me if I wanted to buy it but I'm sticking with the factory audio. They're quite helpful actually. I bought the RS rear bumper reflector from them

smurf
06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Smurf, you are in Sabah, right? I think they had the audio cover since the time their car appeared on Xtremekar magazine. When I was at the shop, they asked me if I wanted to buy it but I'm sticking with the factory audio. They're quite helpful actually. I bought the RS rear bumper reflector from them

yea ...i'm at sabah........:biggrin:
its really hard to get yaris stuff here..:iono:

leowhy
06-27-2007, 08:46 PM
how's the trash out in pasir gudang? :biggrin:

cleong
06-30-2007, 07:06 AM
The day started out wet, grey and gloomy, but when we got to the track after lunch, the track was bone-dry, it was as cool as we can expect for a tropical afternoon, and it was all good to go for the track!

In a bid to avoid stressing the car too much I planned only 5 laps each time I went out in addition to one warm up lap and one cooldown lap. I found the car suffered from a lot of corner entry understeer, maybe I was just entering corners way too fast. But the brakes held up and felt good for the duration of each run.

I also paced a Suzuki Swift Sport down the straight and found that the Yaris doesn't give up very much in terms of straightline speed. As my 5 laps were up, I didn't stay with him long enough to see if its cornering was better than mine, but I would feel that would be the case.

I got a little bit faster max speed than Marc (nurburgring) (I recorded a 154kph down the back straight). However I suffered from pretty bad understeer which resulted in quite a lot of front tire scrub. Didn't really cross my mind to reduce tire pressures till toward the end of the session, when I really didn't want to go out anymore.

Also had a run with a Proton Gen 2 Coupe/Satria which was surprisingly quick. I could overtake him (and he graciously gave way) but I found it hard to shake him and pushed too hard trying to lose him. He may have just wanted to follow me instead of being followed by me! Haha..

I clocked a similar lap time to Marc, he is very smooth and consistent while I was all over the place. In addition I was making mistakes all over the place. So technically I had the marginally faster car (manual vs. auto), but he was the better driver.

I clocked near 20 laps. I went into JB with 3/4 of a tank, and filled up on the way home (I did 12.5km/litre which is not bad considering I was on high revs all the time I was on track). That, and quite a lot of Michelin rubber I'd left on the track, plus a bit of coolant lost. I didn't feel that my car was flexing too much, although I felt that the car hops a little through high-G corners when the suspension starts bottoming out.

Hopefully we will see a better turnout next time.

A few photos to show that we were there (too busy tracking to take action pics)

http://eaglet.org/albums/Trackies01/IMG_9461.jpg
Getting ready to go in!

http://eaglet.org/albums/Trackies01/IMG_9462.jpg
Having an empty boot makes for a lighter car.

http://eaglet.org/albums/Trackies01/IMG_9464.jpg
Post tracking and its time for the cars to hit the showers!

http://eaglet.org/albums/Trackies01/IMG_9466.jpg
One of our friends......

http://eaglet.org/albums/Trackies01/IMG_9469.jpg
......is Takumi!

eTiMaGo
06-30-2007, 07:15 AM
that black one with the smoked out rear fog/turn signal looks real good!

and say hi to Takumi for me pls... he's my hero, can he send me some tofu? :biggrin:

leowhy
07-01-2007, 09:58 PM
so that is indeed an AE86... :)

cleong, i remmeber u lowered the spring of ur yaris right? still experince understeer? hmm... guest mine will be worse since its still in stock condition? BTW, do u add any strut bar/antiroll bar?
the highest i got on straight roads so far is around 140kph only... haven't really stress my car too much yet... :P

one more question... from the photo, why i get the impression that the black yaris looks "longer" compare to the silver one? isiist just my eye?

cleong
07-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Enter any corner way too fast/hot and you will experience understeer. That was what happened to me. I really should have been using my brakes a lot more to slow the car down and transfer some weight to the front (steering) wheels in order to negotiate the bends. I have no strut bars and I am still waiting for a proper rear antiroll bar (Ultra Racing's ARB look very poorly designed).

The black car looks longer because it has an aftermarket bodykit. Out of the three Yaris that did laps, two of them were automatics, only mine was manual.

strayato.hirzaki
07-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi, Strayato if u r looking for choices of rims, than the right place for u to look is in Klang town. There's a lot of rim shops in Klang.

thanks for the heads up, soh. ppl call Klang as "Wheels Paradise" LOLX, and i guess i'm about to find that fact out on this coming weekend

i was at Wing Hin Motorsports @ Jalan Loke Yew a few weeks ago and i do agree that they carries alot of optional upgrades for our "rabbits" well, at least they are carrying authentic TRD parts (minus the blood-slashin prices). nuff said, if you have the moolah to spend, head right over to Wing Hin Motorsport and splurge it all on those TRD accs you could lay your hand on :bellyroll:

leowhy
07-10-2007, 01:09 AM
thanks for the heads up, soh. ppl call Klang as "Wheels Paradise" LOLX, and i guess i'm about to find that fact out on this coming weekend

i was at Wing Hin Motorsports @ Jalan Loke Yew a few weeks ago and i do agree that they carries alot of optional upgrades for our "rabbits" well, at least they are carrying authentic TRD parts (minus the blood-slashin prices). nuff said, if you have the moolah to spend, head right over to Wing Hin Motorsport and splurge it all on those TRD accs you could lay your hand on :bellyroll:

hi bro, since u visited the shop, wonder iff u notice what kind of accessories that they have specifically for our Yaris?

my personal interests are (some i realized from bro etimago's link :P):
1) bodykit + spoiler
2) cargo net
3) front & rear cushion cover sets
4) proper HID set (not only lamp but include proper reflectors, HID shield, & headlight glass)
5) LED rear light set?
6) retractable side mirrors with LED signal indicators?
7) electrochromic rear view mirror?
8) additional speakers (just like in 1.5S?)
9) rear disc brake (just like in 1.5S? )

do they supply all these? :thumbup:
thanks in advance... :bow:

added: 10) steering wheel with control buttons... :P

strayato.hirzaki
07-22-2007, 01:09 PM
oh, they do carries an impressive range of optional upgrade for yaris. the dude there show me a digital offline catalog and it was such a long list. i did ask them to quote me for the following items :-

1. front RS bumper
2. rear RS bumper with rear foglamps
3. RS taillight
4. TRD 17" 5 spoke wheel
5. TRD lowering springs

and ZOMGBBQSAUCE! the amount came up to 10k+! (exclusive of installation and paint job) so uhh, i was thinking to head over to sunway's modding heaven and see if i could get a better pricing there. well, if you have enquiries, you could drop them a call @ +603.9221 6168 / 3168 :)

cleong
07-22-2007, 07:37 PM
In Singapore, F/R RS bumpers cost between S$1400-2000. The RS tailight is S$300+, TRD wheel is probably the killer item. Why not go with a light set of SSR or Volks or something? TRD springs are around S$500+ but you can get Tanabes/Teins around S$400 fitted.

leowhy
07-23-2007, 01:42 AM
oh, they do carries an impressive range of optional upgrade for yaris. the dude there show me a digital offline catalog and it was such a long list. i did ask them to quote me for the following items :-

1. front RS bumper
2. rear RS bumper with rear foglamps
3. RS taillight
4. TRD 17" 5 spoke wheel
5. TRD lowering springs

and ZOMGBBQSAUCE! the amount came up to 10k+! (exclusive of installation and paint job) so uhh, i was thinking to head over to sunway's modding heaven and see if i could get a better pricing there. well, if you have enquiries, you could drop them a call @ +603.9221 6168 / 3168 :)

In Singapore, F/R RS bumpers cost between S$1400-2000. The RS tailight is S$300+, TRD wheel is probably the killer item. Why not go with a light set of SSR or Volks or something? TRD springs are around S$500+ but you can get Tanabes/Teins around S$400 fitted.

WOW!!! that's expansive... :eyebulge:

guess that's the price we hae to pay to get "improvements"... :cry:
gotta work alot harder d... :iono:

strayato.hirzaki
07-23-2007, 10:53 AM

hmm, true true. yeah, i had my eyes on some OZ wheels, kinda fancy them but i heard it's not really practical for driving around town filled with potholes and uneven road as those tiny puny shaft will get dented and crooked easily. yup, i'll heed your advice, most probably, will go for Tanabe NF210 / DF210 for that perfect drop :wub:

cleong
07-24-2007, 08:46 AM
OZ Superleggeras? They're light and sensibly priced. I guess if you used a tire with a tallish sidewall and enough air pressure you'll get away with most of the hammering. I'm of the opinion that the good lightweight Japanese forged rims are designed for track use and would stand up to day to day driving easily. It is the lightweight Taiwanese rims that distort over time.

rx100
08-12-2007, 03:26 AM

so when is the trip cameron??:clap:
hopefully can meet some yaris from MY too..:drinking:

eTiMaGo
08-12-2007, 05:20 AM
OZ Superleggeras? They're light and sensibly priced. I guess if you used a tire with a tallish sidewall and enough air pressure you'll get away with most of the hammering. I'm of the opinion that the good lightweight Japanese forged rims are designed for track use and would stand up to day to day driving easily. It is the lightweight Taiwanese rims that distort over time.

Indeed, pay close attention to the top part of my rim:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7019&stc=1&d=1186403880

Although that was the result of an unfortunate encounter with a large reflective block thing in the middle of the road, I had to swerve to avoid a stupid bike, and CONK! :cry:

Thankfully it's just the outside lip of the rim, the damage is basically only cosmetic...

I'm going for 16" next time :laugh:

rx100
08-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Indeed, pay close attention to the top part of my rim:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7019&stc=1&d=1186403880

Although that was the result of an unfortunate encounter with a large reflective block thing in the middle of the road, I had to swerve to avoid a stupid bike, and CONK! :cry:

Thankfully it's just the outside lip of the rim, the damage is basically only cosmetic...

I'm going for 16" next time :laugh:

i'm using Advan RGII 16"...:thumbsup:

cleong
08-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Friends from Malaysia, how say you guys? A rendezvous at Cameron Highlands, and a blat through the winding roads in and around the area (particular Gua Musang)?

leowhy
08-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Friends from Malaysia, how say you guys? A rendezvous at Cameron Highlands, and a blat through the winding roads in and around the area (particular Gua Musang)?

when will that be bro?

planning for me is slightly difficult but not impossible... (actually had a 3.5month old son & only my wife & i taking care of him whole days during every weekends... :tongue: )

personally, my choice would be the later the better as the BB will grow a little older & less "singing" intervals... :laugh:

Safariworld
08-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Sorry, didn't notice the earlier post about Cameron Highlands. (The forum is banned at word due to one of the threads that started using lots of swear words :P)

Yeah, I would like to meet up at Cameron Highlands. When are the Singaporeans planning to do that?

slkk88
09-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Hi guys, I find too limited YARIS on da road in KL/Malaysia.. The sing'z are advisable to go Cameron but not Gua musang. It's like a typical malay cowboy town with big potholes on roads. My advice, skip the mountain roads as i've encoutered bad shits there.

cleong
09-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Hi guys, I find too limited YARIS on da road in KL/Malaysia.. The sing'z are advisable to go Cameron but not Gua musang. It's like a typical malay cowboy town with big potholes on roads. My advice, skip the mountain roads as i've encoutered bad shits there.

Can you explain what's a typical malay cowboy town?

What bad shits did you encounter?

slkk88
09-16-2007, 10:50 AM
dun misunderstand me, ya. da town is beautiful and people there are frenly when we needed help. The roads are kinda windy and not suitable for da babies to hit on gigantic potholes. More for 4wd off road lovers though.

I would suggest for a trip to north(penang) or genting would do better. So hows yer gathering getting along?

strayato.hirzaki
09-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Sorry, didn't notice the earlier post about Cameron Highlands. (The forum is banned at word due to one of the threads that started using lots of swear words :P)

Yeah, I would like to meet up at Cameron Highlands. When are the Singaporeans planning to do that?

hmm, is that your car on your avatar, safari? i think i've seen you quite a no. of times along MRR2 during weekdays morning.

cameron sounds awesome. i might be able to tag along. just fill us in with the details, cleong :)

slkk88
09-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Seems like everyone is awaitng da singaporeans to be down.... Cant wait to see their babes..hahaha... In malaysia, we have da all time active vios club but hardly we see many yari'z around due to the marketing factor = PRICE....hahaa

Mr singapore'z pls keep us update on your detour routes..hahaha

cleong
09-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Its looking like it would be late October that we make the trip. It would be a 3D2N affair.

Cameron should be definite. The Gua Musang drive would be optional for the next day (yes, some of us are looking for twisty roads). Those opting out could just spend the day in and around Cameron Highlands relaxing.

rx100
09-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Its looking like it would be late October that we make the trip. It would be a 3D2N affair.

Cameron should be definite. The Gua Musang drive would be optional for the next day (yes, some of us are looking for twisty roads). Those opting out could just spend the day in and around Cameron Highlands relaxing.

hopefully can see about 5-6 yaris going up...:thumbup::clap:

Safariworld
09-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Ah, couldn't log on since last week.

Yes, my avatar features my car, but I can't be the one you've seen since I don't work in the KL city.

Late October sounds good. SG Yaris club, please keep us informed.

BTW, does any MY Yaris owner go to Dataran Prima?

smurf
09-20-2007, 09:11 AM
wow............................yaris gathering..??????????????i hope i can be there......

smurf
09-20-2007, 09:13 AM
hey ......do u guys know where can i get armrest ..????????any 1 using armrest..?????really wish to get 1...

tlsoh
09-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Etimago is selling Yaris accessories, which he gets it from Thailand Toyata centre or accessories shop

YappY
09-22-2007, 02:41 AM
hopefully can see about 5-6 yaris going up...:thumbup::clap:

Yup, would be a sight~:clap:

smurf
09-22-2007, 05:15 AM
Etimago is selling Yaris accessories, which he gets it from Thailand Toyata centre or accessories shop
but the price of shipping and tax is flying high.....:frown::frown:

rx100
09-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Yup, would be a sight~:clap:

so u're in?:biggrin:

YappY
09-23-2007, 02:50 AM
so u're in?:biggrin:

haaha...short 1..i am in

leowhy
09-25-2007, 10:00 PM
seems like the trip to cameron is more & more finalised... great...

if it really falls on the end of oct time frame, i think i might be able to join as well... :D

YappY
09-26-2007, 07:38 PM
seems like the trip to cameron is more & more finalised... great...

if it really falls on the end of oct time frame, i think i might be able to join as well... :D

Sound even nicer.....maybe, u can gather some of the yaris for yr side for a mini meetup:biggrin:

slkk88
09-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Count me in....... hoohaaaa....

Ksin23
11-21-2008, 01:10 AM
do you manage to get any armrest in KL?

usmc
11-21-2008, 01:33 AM
I have visited Singapore. Does that Count a little?

redsquid
01-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi, does anyone know how much it'll cost to get the following in KL??

1) retractable side mirrors with LED signal indicators
2) steering wheel with control buttons

Appreciate also if you would help me out with some contact numbers of the accessories shops selling Yaris stuff located around KL/PJ that you know of.... ?

Thanks a bunch!

Ksin23
04-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Ya, anybody can recommend accessories shops that selling Yaris stuff. I m interested in the JDM tail light but it seems that there r none in m'sia.

maplebibi
04-28-2009, 07:28 AM
hello all, for those using 17' n above vios owner, what's the km/l u having upgraded to 17'? if fc doensn change much i might swapping it to 17 too.

maplebibi
04-28-2009, 07:31 AM
to redsquid
visit this tread if u r malaysian, this seller selling all kind of led light side mirror.
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=978383&hl=side+mirror

jmunchar
05-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Alternatively you guys can come over to the site below:
http://www.vioszeroseven.com/index.php

rhyth
06-06-2009, 12:24 PM

By the way, just a quick question, looking at the 3D preview on Toyota Malaysia's site, it looks like the Yaris there has the US-style thick rear bumper, is it actually like that?

Hi, was there ever a splash shield for yaris rear fender like the one i saw on a suzuki swift? Is it possible to change the ignition set with better key cover since malaysians get the ones like this http://www.emme.org/yaris/IMG_0139.JPG and http://www.emme.org/yaris/IMG_0078.JPG

strayato.hirzaki
06-08-2009, 01:48 PM
hmm, i've had thaughts of driving all the way over to Haadyai on a weekend for a major cosmetic modding, any recommendations?

rhyth
06-11-2009, 03:45 AM
hmm, i've had thaughts of driving all the way over to Haadyai on a weekend for a major cosmetic modding, any recommendations?
Get those modellista style bumpers front and back:w00t:, but u sure its safe to go up north rite now, bring some muscles along

tmitz
12-14-2009, 01:06 AM
hi..im new here..n new vios owner..
kompius ngn portal nih..Yaris = Vios?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Vios

jmunchar
12-16-2009, 11:07 PM
hi..im new here..n new vios owner..
kompius ngn portal nih..Yaris = Vios?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Vios

Yup. Vios is also known as Yaris in other parts of the world.
You can always go to www.vioszerosevenn.com for more info.

changchewsoon
12-23-2009, 12:30 AM
woah, didn't knew this thread existed until now! :P

gary yap
09-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Hi all, am a M'sian who joined the Yaris Club S'pore. Current location in USJ Subang. Anyone close to me?:thumbup:

gary yap
09-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Just notice the last thread posted was 9 months ago!!! Man, this thread sure is quiet.:cry:

changchewsoon
09-19-2010, 11:37 AM
yeah its kinda quiet gary, not many malaysians hang out here but i do from time to time.

my place is in bandar sunway, so i guess im quite near to you?

i drive a vios turbo myself, feel free to come over and hang out anytime :)

gary yap
09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Steady la Chang. We can TT together this week. I'll PM you my contacts & email.

gary yap
09-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Wa Chang, you do tuning?

changchewsoon
09-24-2010, 02:46 AM
i don't, that should be my tuner u're referring to :)

gary yap
09-28-2010, 02:18 AM
oh i see, cos of the picture you took creates the impression you're a tuner.:redface:

changchewsoon
09-28-2010, 01:35 PM
perhaps in another 3 months time, GT Auto is currently teaching me at the moment :)

so when are you planning to turbocharge your car?

gary yap
10-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Won't be turbo-charging cos salespeople like me very concern of fuel consumption.

changchewsoon
10-09-2010, 02:02 PM
really? might want to read this...

http://www.viosturbo.com/2009/05/fuel-consumption.html

gary yap
10-14-2010, 09:29 PM
True also, only concern is the person installing the turbo kit. Will keep that in mind.

aceng
12-22-2010, 12:16 PM
hi all... im aceng from Sarawak. daily drivin a toyota vios. glad 2 be here. :)

boyer
01-31-2011, 10:13 PM
hai

gary yap
02-08-2011, 02:11 AM
hello...

annodomini48
02-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Malaysian.. report in.. :p

gary yap
02-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Vios Club M'sia more activities...

boyer
02-21-2011, 01:37 AM
hehehe..now you know..but im from vioszeroseven club

gary yap
03-04-2011, 11:56 AM
... which mean a tune-up vios?

edwinlee
03-22-2011, 01:20 AM
hi...i am a yaris owner in melaka....let me know if any1 want to hang out

gary yap
03-22-2011, 11:15 PM
I can hang out with you as I go to Mcca often, wife stays there. Saw some Yaris in Melaka Baru & in town, maybe one of them is you? PM your number so I can call/sms you.

e_sabellbat
01-26-2013, 02:51 PM
:headbang:

larry254
02-28-2013, 11:55 AM
i also malaysian from kedah , just brought a Yaris .

larry254
03-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Any Malaysian Yaris owner here ? pls come and join my facebook , we can discuss , chit chat and share the information , i also have many new things for our Yaris ..... thank u .

http://www.facebook.com/yaris.tong.5

larry254
03-23-2013, 10:37 PM
ANY MALAYSIAN WANT TO MODIFIED THEIR YARIS ?? BODY KIT FROM THAILAND .

japle
03-24-2013, 07:53 AM
What bodykit?

japle
09-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Looks like i am the only malaysian here...