PDA

View Full Version : Q+A: Little Problem Here

Sabretooth
01-17-2007, 11:48 AM
:iono:
Ok, heres the situation, kinda new at this in general,

I have a 07 Yaris Hatchback, 2dr.

I also happen to come across a set of rims from an '02 Civic EX, Motegi MR7 gunmetals, I know they are 17x7, but I dont know what tire size. They have a +40 offset, now the question is. I had put the wheel on the car, but I only have about an inch and a half between the tire and the shock assembly, now... My other thing is, the car itself will sit about a half and inch to and inch higher now when the wheels are set in. Also I dont have a ton of clearance with the bumper when I turn, I would guess half and inch at most.

My question is, To maintain normal ride height, or at least get a lower one, would it be safe, with the amount of clearance on the bumper when turning, to drop the car an inch?

Or would it just be easier to just buy lower profile tires? the recomended tire size for the same rim from Tirerack is: 215/45-17, and if I am correct this is the type of tire on the wheels themselves: Kumho ECSTA SPT.

Black Yaris
01-17-2007, 11:56 AM
215/40/17 would be ideal

Sabretooth
01-17-2007, 08:46 PM
The only reason I am worried about going down to a smaller size tire, is loosing ride comfort. I guess its not really a huge deal when it comes in the long run, but I was informed by a friend of mine that it should be fine with a 1'' drop, that there should be no problem, just cant put a lot of weight on the car.

I plan to stop at the dealership to get an oil change, free for my first one... I will just ask them exactly if it will work, they would know...They probably seen a couple Yaris' done within the release in the US.

Sabretooth
01-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Follow Up:

I just got the wheels put on, and they look smashing....Only thing, it rubs when you make a HARD turn, but normal driving it is fine, It doesnt seem as close as when I had it put on the first time. Anyway will have new thread and photos when I get them developed!

eTiMaGo
01-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Follow Up:

I just got the wheels put on, and they look smashing....Only thing, it rubs when you make a HARD turn, but normal driving it is fine, It doesnt seem as close as when I had it put on the first time. Anyway will have new thread and photos when I get them developed!

Photos? Developed? I'm confused :laugh:

Join the 21st century, man! :wink:

ChinoCharles
01-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Photos? Developed? I'm confused :laugh:

Join the 21st century, man! :wink:

:bellyroll:

You can get a digital camera for $40 now.

spkrman
01-19-2007, 10:43 PM
omg....

when I originally read that... I seriously was thinking uploaded... lol... wow...