PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Yaris 2006 or 2007?

borisyaris
04-29-2006, 05:05 PM
I can get a 2006 for less than a 2007, so what's the difference between the two model years?
Is there any?

Another question I had: Is the Yaris RS sportier than the standard Yaris, and why? Is it sportier only because of the larger tires?

riceboy
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't believe there are any changes in the model yr 06 to 07. The deal you can get on a 06 would only be related to interest rates for financing, however with leasing you'd get a better deal on a 07 because of the higher residual value. With cash you'd be losing less money because there wouldn't be any depreciation accounted for. Also 06's are going to be hard to find because it was a short model run. They basically started producing 07's within 6 months, and thus the dealers held off on 06 orders, opting to wait for 07's. The RS model is more of a trim upgrade, it doesn't change any of the performance factors, except maybe the larger alloy wheels. Other than that you can expect the all black interior, leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter, fog lights, and spoiler, I don't think any of those things make my car any faster.... My advice is go for the 07, unless you're monthly needs to be within a certain range for financing, in which case it might be better to go with the 06.

borisyaris
05-01-2006, 03:36 AM
I don't believe there are any changes in the model yr 06 to 07. The deal you can get on a 06 would only be related to interest rates for financing, however with leasing you'd get a better deal on a 07 because of the higher residual value. With cash you'd be losing less money because there wouldn't be any depreciation accounted for. Also 06's are going to be hard to find because it was a short model run. They basically started producing 07's within 6 months, and thus the dealers held off on 06 orders, opting to wait for 07's. The RS model is more of a trim upgrade, it doesn't change any of the performance factors, except maybe the larger alloy wheels. Other than that you can expect the all black interior, leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter, fog lights, and spoiler, I don't think any of those things make my car any faster.... My advice is go for the 07, unless you're monthly needs to be within a certain range for financing, in which case it might be better to go with the 06.

Did you drive the base model and how 'worse' is it because of the smaller tires?

By the way thanks for your answer it was complete