PDA

View Full Version : Strut tower bar

tmyers82
01-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know if a Scion XA bar will fit the Yaris. I tried to ask the guy in the parts department at the dealership and he looked at me like I was an alien.

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know if a Scion XA bar will fit the Yaris. I tried to ask the guy in the parts department at the dealership and he looked at me like I was an alien.

NO, NOTHING FOR FOR THE SCION XA, XB WILL FIT THE YARIS, YARIS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR, THE REASON I KNOW BECAUSE I BOUGHT MOST OF PARTS DESGINED FOR THE SCIONS FOR MY ECHO, AND NOW I HAVE A YARIS, SO I KNOW THAT YARIS IS A TOTTALY DIFFERENT CAR, AND NOTHING FOR THE SCIONS WILL FIT THE YARIS, NOTHING!!! PERIOD

eTiMaGo
01-21-2007, 12:25 AM
NO, NOTHING FOR FOR THE SCION XA, XB WILL FIT THE YARIS, YARIS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR, THE REASON I KNOW BECAUSE I BOUGHT MOST OF PARTS DESGINED FOR THE SCIONS FOR MY ECHO, AND NOW I HAVE A YARIS, SO I KNOW THAT YARIS IS A TOTTALY DIFFERENT CAR, AND NOTHING FOR THE SCIONS WILL FIT THE YARIS, NOTHING!!! PERIOD

Dude ease off the caffeine a bit :wink:

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-21-2007, 01:17 AM
Dude ease off the caffeine a bit :wink:

i dont drink caffine, coffee nor any energy drinks, i just wanted to make it clear to every one:cool:

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-21-2007, 11:51 AM
C'mon, I'm sure the shift knob will fit, the double-din stereo will fit, and any of the xA and xB accessory and TRD wheels...:wink:

Cheers

yes indeed :cool:

ChinoCharles
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
LOUD NOISES! I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

(Anchorman. LOL)

CASTREX
01-21-2007, 12:04 PM
What about the carpets?? Not sure... but you can give it a try

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-21-2007, 12:05 PM
What about the carpets?? Not sure... but you can give it a try

no, they are different

CASTREX
01-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Well..... then you will have to settle with the shiftknob... :laughabove:

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Well..... then you will have to settle with the shiftknob... :laughabove:

Yes , indeed i have the shiftknob of the scions on my Yaris, and it fits, and looks way better than the ones were desgined for the Yaris:cool: 2912

EddyCocaine
01-21-2007, 11:44 PM

Caps Lock!! its like cruise control for awesome!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

eco
01-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Yaris TTE,didnt you say nothing for the Scions would fit,man your full of HOT AIR,The crank pully's will also fit,I have a freind who has confirmed this.Ohya,we have the same engines,so the internal parts sold for the XB/XA should also fit,like pistons,rocker arms ext...

ChinoCharles
01-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Caps Lock!! its like cruise control for awesome!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:bellyroll:

Yaris TTE JWRC
02-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Yaris TTE,didnt you say nothing for the Scions would fit,man your full of HOT AIR,The crank pully's will also fit,I have a freind who has confirmed this.Ohya,we have the same engines,so the internal parts sold for the XB/XA should also fit,like pistons,rocker arms ext...

No, the crank pulley will not fit, the Yaris crank pulley one only holds one timing belt, Scion, Xa, Xb, and echo's crank pulley holds two timing belts, i know, because i have the Perrin Lighten Crank pulley on my Echo when i installed myself, and it is desgined for Sicon, as i look at my Yaris's crank pulley i could see it only holds one timing belt, so they are not the same:bellyroll: :laughabove: :barf: , nice try buddy.

Yaris TTE JWRC
02-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Just to let y'all know that im only speak and confirm the things that i have done before, and i know what will, and what will not work on the Yaris as I look at my own Yaris and my old Echo, everything desgined for the Scion Xa and Xb fits my Echo because they all have the same chassis, engine, and tranny, Yaris is a totally new and different car from the old Xa, Xb, and echo, and I aint gonna BullSh*t y'all, if you dont trust what im telling you and you want to waste your money, go ahead go for it, i dont give a damn
just trying to help, i guess not:thumbdown:

PetersRedYaris
02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
No, the crank pulley will not fit, the Yaris crank pulley one only holds one timing belt, Scion, Xa, Xb, and echo's crank pulley holds two timing belts, i know, because i have the Perrin Lighten Crank pulley on my Echo when i installed myself, and it is desgined for Sicon, as i look at my Yaris's crank pulley i could see it only holds one timing belt, so they are not the same:bellyroll: :laughabove: :barf: , nice try buddy.

These engines don't have timing belts. :thumbsup:

ZPIracing
02-06-2007, 12:40 AM
crank pulleys are different. The Yaris runs a single accesory belt the xB/xA runs a dual. You would not want to run an xB pulley even though it may bolt on the balance is wrong.

Yaris TTE JWRC
02-06-2007, 01:19 AM
crank pulleys are different. The Yaris runs a single accesory belt the xB/xA runs a dual. You would not want to run an xB pulley even though it may bolt on the balance is wrong.

Do you see what i have been telling you people? there is the prove.:thumbdown: :laughabove:

Yaris TTE JWRC
02-06-2007, 01:19 AM
These engines don't have timing belts. :thumbsup:

Do you even know what a timing belt is?? how can an engine run without a timing belt, how are you going to run the water pump and powersteering?

eTiMaGo
02-06-2007, 01:34 AM
You're both rigtht and wrong, the Yaris uses a timing CHAIN (which connects the crankshaft to the camshafts), and a single accessory BELT which connects the crankshaft to the alternator, air conditioning compressor, etc. You don't see the timing chain from the outside of the engine as it has a cover on top of it.

Yes, it's a lot of semantics, different words for more or less the same thing, easy to get confused.

The echo and xA/xB use two accessory belts as they have a traditional pump based power steering system, while the Yaris' is electric, meaning the extra belt is not needed. Which is why aftermarket Scion pulleys CAN fit on the Yaris, but they'll have an extra groove for that second accessory belt, which is more or less useless.

Anyway this thread is starting to turn a little too nasty, I think we now all need a timeout to re-read what everyone wrote and try to understand each other a little better, OK? :wink: Yaris TTE WRC is trying to help and share his experiences, but his choice of words is not always quite so helpful!

ChinoCharles
02-06-2007, 02:11 AM
Yarii have electric power steering... unusual.

spkrman
02-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Yarii have electric power steering... unusual.

hopefully you already knew that :)

its one of my fav things about the car.

vodkalush
02-06-2007, 06:52 AM
hopefully you already knew that :)

its one of my fav things about the car.

ditto

ChinoCharles
02-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I only found it out during the NST GB. For a second I thought the car had no power steering, like a Festiva. :eek:

PetersRedYaris
02-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Do you even know what a timing belt is?? how can an engine run without a timing belt, how are you going to run the water pump and powersteering?

I do! Apparently you don't :confused: as eTimago had to explain it to you. Use the correct terms. It's a chain, NOT a belt, and is internal, as opposed to external with a plastic cover over it. People may interchange the terms accessory and timing when talking about belts but they are not even the same thing nor do they serve the same purpose. One reason I like this 1.5 liter motor is because it does NOT have a timing belt. That means no expensive timing belt replacement/service. You probably feel dumb now, I'll let it go. :thumbsup:

P.S. We have nearly the exact same car, even the color is the same. We should be friends!