PDA

View Full Version : intake question and suggestions

Adriaan
01-25-2007, 02:38 PM
i was thinking of keeping my stock intake just replace the stock filter with a k&N then make a new intake hose and run it to the wheel well, instead of it being in the engine bay. i wanted to keep the stock version just for the warranty but i wanted to know since this intake hose would be longer would the air heat up more then if it was in the engine bay due to the friction? Would this cause more damage than good? Does anyone else have any other ideas other than buy an aem, trd etc. don't feel like spending money on than when it can be used for other stuff like hid. Mostly just want the car to breathe a bit better with cold air. also i was thing of doing a ram air cuz on the passenger side near the rad in the engine bay there a space to make an opening, but then i'll be worried about water etc. like i said any ideas will be helpful thanks adriaan.

spkrman
01-26-2007, 04:40 PM
you can swap out the intake without any warranty problems.

hoses etc etc wont really be worth it, much easier to just swap for a new intake.

I'm waiting on the ebay market to grow so I can grab a cheap pipe, then throw a good filter on it.

Go4th
01-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Here is my AEM installed.