PDA

View Full Version : Should I add remote key less entry? Options

YotaYarisUSA
04-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Should I add remote keyless entry to my Yaris order? Its $230 more for the remote system. I've never had it on a car before,is it worth it? I've seen ppl do it,and it looks like it would be good especially in the rain etc. But,all the added options is were the Yaris gets pricey. I'm for sure adding the power package,it gets better tires,abs,cruise, tac meter, power windows,and locks. I'm also adding the fog lamps,bc I think they look better with them :)

What do you guys think? Should I get the remote system? Has anyone else added that to there Yaris?

:thumbsup: YotaYarisUSA

riceboy
04-30-2006, 06:35 PM
I would say yes to all of the above,.. only because it's a big purchase. Yes it'll cost more, but depending on how long you're keeping it for another $10-20/mth will go a long way... besides you're probably already saving that much in gas...

Sp33dY
04-30-2006, 06:57 PM
YES ... every car ive owned has had remote entry / alarm added .... even my 1981 corolla had remote entry in it!!

ALL Yarii in AUstralia have Remote Entry standard. Its part of the fob key.

stuffy
04-30-2006, 10:02 PM
my yaris is the first car i have ever had with remote entry (and i only got it because it came with the "b" package), and i love it.
i didn't think it would be such a big deal to have, but it is really damn convenient,

although one issue that i did have was this past winter when my wife tried to use her normal key ( i got the keyless entry key, ha ha ha ha ha), we found that the door locks were frozen solid, probably from lack of use

jcove
04-30-2006, 10:17 PM
I'd say that was a definate YES from everyone so far, including myself. I will never get another car without it.

BensVitz
05-01-2006, 07:08 AM
On the sedan, I'd get the power package. For the hatchback, no way. My right arm is my power locks and power windows. The cruise control should be standard on all cars.

Ben

okay player
05-01-2006, 03:00 PM
i'd get it. i'm going for the everything pack. just ashame there's no cruise control.

Ronin
05-01-2006, 03:53 PM
i'd get it. sometimes i have trouble getting the key in the hole...

why?
05-01-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm going the aftermarket alarm route. $230 to unlock the doors seems a tad bit off a rip off to me, especially considering a good alarm can do the same thing, +actually be an alarm, + get you a discount on your insurance.

DJ_SpaRky
05-02-2006, 07:01 AM
i'd get it. sometimes i have trouble getting the key in the hole...

Sounds like a personal problem. :bellyroll: :bellyroll: J/K

it's a nice thing to have. The xB comes standard with it, it becomes second nature to use it.

ricko
05-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Yes .............. do it.

Ziv
05-02-2006, 11:40 AM
If budget is right, wouldn't hurt. If you live in a city that snows, do it. There is this one time when I was trying to push the key in the day after 'freezing rain'. Blahahahahaha. I ended up open the hatch back and climb my way back to the front. ha ha. what a day that was.

okay player
05-02-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm going the aftermarket alarm route. $230 to unlock the doors seems a tad bit off a rip off to me, especially considering a good alarm can do the same thing, +actually be an alarm, + get you a discount on your insurance.
that's a really good point...looks like i'll go that way instead

why?
05-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Yes, I think with my insurance the top of the line alarm systems will give me a 30% discount, and I was quoted for $800 a year.

so that would be $240 off.

Hmm, I might be wrong about the exact percentages, the last time I did the insurance paperwork was 3 or 4 years ago.

Anyways, my insurance lady is mailing me that stuff.