PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for buying here in the NW

sqcomp
01-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Good morning to everyone!

General questions for everyone.

Where in the NW are some GOOD dealers? I'm planning to order my Yaris within 30 days. I'd like to be at a dealership that is friendly, non scuzzy and is open to assist me in ordering the specific vehicle I want.

I've got the whole vehicle planned out. It'll be nice to have $100/month less in car payments than what I have now. Unfortunately I'll be giving up 175 horsepower and a good bit more than that in torque BUT...

I'll save in insurance, gas and maintenance.

*sigh*

Thoughts?

01-27-2007, 10:49 AM
you can visit kendall toyota of eugene,or. there are no old school practices here just a friendly and helpful staff and they have liftbacks in stock. i believe about 4-5 of them:biggrin:

Spades
01-29-2007, 03:47 PM
i got mine at mcminville toyota and imports...and i was reasonably happy with the prices, but i almost walkede out because of how they treated me regarding my trade in car, the gave me pennies on the dollar and hagled with me and did the whole "let me go and check with my boss" bull s--t.

sqcomp
01-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Yeah...McMinville Toyota. Yeah, I got that impression as well. Broadway Toyota in Portland just seethed slime. I'm hoping that McCord's in Vancouver will be better. All I want to do is get a black or flint micha Yaris S with that $2k power option. All my friends are saying that a polar white one looks like an egg. Ouch!

I was going to order one with the neon...but I did some price shopping and I can buy an entire streetglow LED undercar, 4 LED 6" sticks, strobes for the headlights, LEDs for the rear, and install kit and a controller for it all for just $50 more than the factory dual stick option! This is what I call STUPID markup!

60 Somethings
02-07-2007, 10:07 PM
We were out at the coast last week camping in the sunshine - between the weeks of rain - so I just saw your post.

My suggestion: Vancouver Toyota through the COSTCO auto purchase program.

We purchased both a new 4Runner and a Yaris LB from Fleet Salesman Mike Furey last year. My sister purchased a Yaris LB, and my 80 yr old neighbors bought a new Carolla from them in a similar manner.

Mike is really good on the Toyota computer system - he found both my sister and I fully loaded liftbacks; mine even is a stick-shift.

My sister is and I was in sales, and dealing with Mike was very easy.

A couple of weeks ago my neighbors took their Carolla in for it's first oil change. The next day they had a small uddle of oil on the garage floor. They called the dealership and someone came out and tightened the filter and cleaned-up the garage floor!!! Can't beat that.

sqcomp
02-08-2007, 11:20 AM
McCord's and use Costco? Interesting. I can prolly do that. McCord's is where my wife bought her 05 Tacoma.

*thinking*

That oil spill issue...The Dodge dealerships would have told me to go F myself. I absolutely LOVE my car I have now...this is why it's taking me SOOOOOO long to sell it. But I cannot deal with the ineptness and complete lack of ethical customer service with these local Dodge dealers. I've had to diagnose my own vehicle and scrutenize everything when I take the vehicle into the dealer. It gets tiring, you'd figure the "techs" wouldn't be the worst sort of knuckle draggers...you'd be wrong if you gave them any type of credit. They can't even read the service manual correctly (Beaverton Dodge).

oooooooH! I could go on for hours. I'll just leave it with a general smackdown.

Sorry guys. Venting.

60 Somethings
02-08-2007, 01:30 PM
You'd have to specify to the people running the COSTCO program that you want to deal with McCords, otherwise they will assign you to a closer dealer.

My sister lives in L.O. and got them to do it, so it's possible.

My only experience with their sercice dept. so far has been with oil changes. At the new owner orientation night they had, I learned I could bring in my own oil (Mobil 1) and they would credit their charge for oil and install mine - that has worked out well on both vehicles.

My only beef is that they check tire inflation, and because the oil changes are done on an appt. basis and fairly quick, checking pressure on warm tires doesn't yield accurate settings. Minor point.

sqcomp
02-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Okay...Looks like tonight is the night. A friend who owns the same type of car, SRT-4, as I spent 16 hours over this last weekend removing the aftermarket parts from my car onto his...and subsequently the stock parts from his onto mine.

I almost collapsed Sunday morning rolling out of bed my legs and back were SO sore!

Tonight at Beaverton Toyota, they have the 07 Yaris S in Flint Micha with the power package...Sorry Levi, my wife wasn't about to make the trip down to Kendall.

We're going to be doing battle regarding trade in value, after all they need to "make money". OIY!

Wish me luck guys!

Go4th
02-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay...Looks like tonight is the night. A friend who owns the same type of car, SRT-4, as I spent 16 hours over this last weekend removing the aftermarket parts from my car onto his...and subsequently the stock parts from his onto mine.

I almost collapsed Sunday morning rolling out of bed my legs and back were SO sore!

Tonight at Beaverton Toyota, they have the 07 Yaris S in Flint Micha with the power package...Sorry Levi, my wife wasn't about to make the trip down to Kendall.

We're going to be doing battle regarding trade in value, after all they need to "make money". OIY!

Wish me luck guys!

Good luck! :thumbsup:
and much patience!! :thumbsup:
You'll need that more than luck!

sqcomp
02-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Got the car.

They screwed up and gave me the wrong car!

BUT...they're making it right and getting a Yaris S with power everything and cruise.

After I got past the shark tank and the trade in BS, the finance lady at the dealership was cool. I wish I could have started with her!

Go4th
02-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Congrats. You'll love it. :thumbup:
How did they give you the wrong car? Explain.

sqcomp
02-21-2007, 01:03 PM
The wrong car...

okay. I had everything pre-arrainged with the dealer. This is what I want, a Yaris S with power everything, windows, locks, ABS and bags. That $2K power package. The internet department head, Derek, and I had talked for a couple weeks.

I originally wanted a loaded Black Yaris S. Well, black wasn't available with the options. Okay, the Flint Mica is cool enough, just like the picture on the Yarisworld page. Derek called and said he had it in. I asked three times over the course of the conversation if it had the options I asked for. Yes was the common denominator from him.

So I get there, Derek isn't there. I get some 12 year old rube who has NO idea about anything, cars, life , women...whatever. They razz me on my trade in, they low ball me. I take it only if the price on the Yaris is lowered to $15.7. They agree.

Okay, being transparent, I never asked to see the car...BUT I was assured BEFORE this all started that the car that I was coming in for, a 2007 Flint Mica Yaris S was the one I wanted. Still wouldn't you think that the dealer would show you the car you're buying? I don't really want to test drive it because that would probably make me miss my old car more...

Still, I get through to financing 90 minutes later, Lori the finance lady is cool enough, at this point she's playing damage control just to get me to sign. So, I plug in all the TFS rates and mega huge boner 100K warranties and service packages...fill out the paperwork and get out to the car...

Yup, right color, Flint Mica Yaris S. Open the door and I've got crank fuggin' windows with power locks. What in the holy batshit Robin?! I sit there and look at the tweenie salesman, and say, "Are you f***ing serious? You kept me here for an hour and a half for manual windows?!" He responds with, "Well sir, we're closed now. Sign this and I'll take care of the problem tomorrow morning."

Okay...my bad. I signed. BANG! Slam go the cell doors.

Believe me, I CAN live with roll up windows, but I'm not about to fork over my hard earned money without a big fight. It's a DAMNED shame that it had to even come to that.

*sigh*

So, Lori, the finance lady calls me yesterday morning and asks if I like the car. I tell her about what was SUPPOSED to happen. So, she's an old veteran car salesperson...she gives lip service like she should. She's telling me that they'll have a silver Yaris S with what I want within the next two days. We'll just have me drive the one I have now until they get the new one and we'll re-do the paperwork.

So, what are your thoughts guys? Should I ask for some money back or off the deal? I mean really? Sitting there for so damned long just to fill out paperwork and really just to talk to the fianance lady? I'm thinking $250 off the contract or a sweet parts coupon so I can put a moonroof on my wife's Tacoma.

02-22-2007, 12:02 AM
hey no problem on not coming in to see me. i understand not wanting to make the drive. also just as i told you there are no full power yaris s in any color in any of the 5 pnw states:iono: good luck with everything i really hope that you get want you want and they dont play any oldschool games with you since you took delivery of the car. keep us posted:smile:

sqcomp
02-22-2007, 11:23 AM
...yeah. I'm actually going in tonight to pick up the correct vehicle. Lori says she recieved a silver 07 Yaris S that has power windows and locks. She said she couldn't find one with cruise control.

I am an understanding person. I realize that this car is for the penny pinchers...wait, kill that...fiscally conservative car buyers, that sounds better. I can live without cruise. After all I have for the last three years on the SRT.

I'll be going over the car with a fine toothed comb tonight. I'm also going to kill down the Toyota Platinum warranty to 75K miles and I MIGHT kill off the "free oil changes" package. After all, it's only "free" if I go to Beaverton Toyota. After this BS, I'm not willingly going back there.

I thought Toyota offered a maintenance package where I could get my maintenance at ANY Toyota dealer. This is truely what I want, since the wife may get accepted to a dental school in Florida for instance, I sure as hell don't want to have to loose the money on a useless warranty feature.

...besides all that, I really do like the car. It is put together very well. This is why I wanted to buy into Toyota. The SRT guys didn't like the fact that I jumped ship. They know I have very good reasoning. Reliability is the FIRST factor as to why I jumped from Dodge to Toyota. Hell, I've already been shunned from the SRT forums even though I have a 72 Roadrunner 440 GTX :headbang:

Whatever. I'll let you guys know what goes down tonight.

Go4th
02-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I'll be going over the car with a fine toothed comb tonight. I'm also going to kill down the Toyota Platinum warranty to 75K miles and I MIGHT kill off the "free oil changes" package. After all, it's only "free" if I go to Beaverton Toyota. After this BS, I'm not willingly going back there.

I thought Toyota offered a maintenance package where I could get my maintenance at ANY Toyota dealer. This is truely what I want, since the wife may get accepted to a dental school in Florida for instance, I sure as hell don't want to have to loose the money on a useless warranty feature.

If you drop the oil changes youll save money.. their price for an oil change times the 5,000 miles the free oil changes is more expensive in the warranty plan than if you just pay for it at their shop every 5,000 miles.. if you want all your service work in their names.
the only reason why you would buy the plan oil changes is you can finances that cost in your car price only if 40 bucks is hard for you to come up with every 5000 miles.

i would be pissed off if it did not have the options on it that they said it had!

cruise.. ohh well who really uses it religiously anyways.. you usally only think about using it when 3/4 done with you long vacation trip anyways.. then you use it for 10 mins and all the people driving around on the highways are stupid so you waste more time trying to use the damn thing than you do actually using it.

sqcomp
02-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Okay, check it.

Lori Klavitter at Beaverton Toyota came through like a champ!

I'll keep this quick as to not put everyone to sleep.

They found a fully loaded Yaris S in the same Flint Mica. Power locks, windows, security system, upgraded stereo, weather package and put the window etch on for LESS than the cost of the first Yaris S!

I'm imagining what they did after talking to them in depth was to cut the salesman out of the deal because he f****d up. I would imagine they took his spiff and used that as a buffer for some dealership profit. This is what I gleaned from talking to the finance guys for a while last night.

I couldn't be happier now. They delivered more than I asked for. All that and for less of a monthly payment as well!

02-24-2007, 12:17 AM
cool congrats on your deal:biggrin:

Spades
03-16-2007, 06:45 PM
well, lets see some pics already :biggrin:

Its nice out so i will be cleaning and polishing my "egg", i will snap some pics so you can see if what your friends said was true. personally, next to black, i liked white the best. we live in a apartment complex and every single little scratch shows up on black, so i opted for the polar white :biggrin:

sqcomp
03-19-2007, 11:03 AM
...Pics of a Yaris? Okay, I haven't done anything to it yet except to change the bulbs. Tint comes next. Then it is the sound system.

Harry Yaris Henderson
03-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Tri- Cities Wa. just across the Columbia from Hermiston has a new Toyota Dealership being built. I am not sure when they open but it is close. You might get a good deal from them. I bought my Yaris here in Hermiston Or.. They stuck to their sales price 12,250 but gave a good deal on my trade in. Believe me I know the value of my trade in. I love the car. To bad we can't get the diesel model. People often ask me how I fit in the Yaris. I laugh and say I wear it like a t-shirt. I love the fit and comfort. I drove a Geo metro for 8 years:) I really want to drive the sled in the picture!!!!!