PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Stock intake rubber tubing

spkrman
01-26-2007, 10:53 PM
I had a "sure fire" way to get my "custom" intake to work without a CEL... well, long story short... I'm in need of a new stock intake rubber tube :)

anyone that has theirs and wants to get rid of it/was gonna throw it out, let me know.

eco
01-27-2007, 01:21 AM
I guess I could send you mine,so whats the deal with yours,Id like to know.

spkrman
01-27-2007, 01:35 AM
lol... :(

well I found a nifty MAF holder tube at pep boys, which i assumed would work perfect... long story short, i was so sure it would work that I trimmed down the stock rubber piping to fit the MAF holder/filter... well... for whatever reason, the car dies out after started when that thing is installed. I'm not quite certain, the airflow is actually very wide open, but it acts like it did on my first attempt with the intake, and bending the stock rubber tubing choked it off... but now, its perfectly straight, wide open, and with a better filter... looked solid too, I thought it was gonna work.

ECU reset, remount, lots of duct tape later... no luck. I'm still not sure why it wont work, but my fugly old PVC setup worked fine?

Frustrated to say the least... the stock airbox barely fits back into place, took some muscling to get it to attach, but it doesnt seat properly now.

Missing my PVC setup, its a turd on the highway stock, and the highway is where I mostly drive, and thats where the intake helped the most... sick of staring at the CEL though.

eco
01-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry to here all the troubles,I cant see why it would work with PVC setup,and not aluminum piping.But let me know your address,and Ill tell you what the shipping cost is,well let me know how fast you want it,I wont charge you for the part.

spkrman
02-02-2007, 02:38 AM
slow is fine, whatever is cheapest (try usps).

I'll get you a PM with my addy :)

eco
02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok,Ill send it out Monday and let you know the damage soon after.

Doc Zaius
02-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Way to help out a fellow YW'er. Good job, eco! :thumbsup:

spkrman
02-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Way to help out a fellow YW'er. Good job, eco! :thumbsup:

x2!

:bow:

it looks like shat now rigged in there, had to duct tape in towels to keep it from rattlign around and keep it from moving.... yea... lol

I'd just buy an intake, but, $... and I think I'll just save up for a turbo down the line :headbang:

eco
02-04-2007, 11:09 PM
I know you guys would do the same,Im sure everyone of us that has a CAI an read this post was ready to give it up for member,I was just the first to read the post.