PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Kit Teaser Pics

cdydjded
01-28-2007, 06:52 PM

Kit should be done by the end of February. First 2 pics are of the Precision I/C mounted behind the bumper. 3rd pic is of the flange that will soon be a turbo manifold. I am waiting on the turbo from Precision. I will be using a GT22 w/an internal W/G. :thumbup:

Yaris TTE JWRC
01-28-2007, 06:54 PM
thats just a intercooler kit pics, not a turbo kit pics though:confused:

Chris07LB
01-28-2007, 06:54 PM
:headbang: AWESOME:bow:

ChinoCharles
01-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Byebye warranty, hello keeping up with traffic! Who is tuning it?

And Chris, don't lecture me on that damn law... they'd blame everything short of a seat stain on that turbo! :biggrin:

Chris07LB
01-28-2007, 07:38 PM
And Chris, don't lecture me on that damn law... they'd blame everything short of a seat stain on that turbo! :biggrin:

:tongue: :tongue: :bellyroll:

cdydjded
01-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Going to use the new AEM FIC (Fuel Ignition Controller). Getting tuned by the owner of Toyomoto. This is a local shop down here that builds turbo IS300 & Supra's.

fu_im_from_texas
01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
What Hp and Tq figures are you shooting for?

eco
01-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Any idea on what theyll cost us.

Katana
01-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Beautiful!!!!!

Doc Zaius
01-29-2007, 07:30 AM
AWESOME!!!! :biggrin:

Kaotic Lazagna
01-29-2007, 08:56 AM
me like, me like. lol...

nebulight
01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
I will be using a GT22 w/an internal W/G. :thumbup:

That's a little baby turbo ;)

Doc Zaius
01-29-2007, 12:53 PM
That's a little baby turbo ;)

The Garrett GT2252 turbocharger (http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT22/GT2252_452187_6.htm) is capable of putting out 260Hp. I'm fairly certain thats more than enough for now. :thumbsup:

nebulight
01-29-2007, 01:29 PM
The Garrett GT2252 turbocharger (http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT22/GT2252_452187_6.htm) is capable of putting out 260Hp. I'm fairly certain thats more than enough for now. :thumbsup:

Yea, I know the turbo. I'm a big turbo guy and just got the yaris to replace my turbo integra that put down 375whp at 11psi. I was thinking of putting a turbo on the yaris, but the reason I bought it was for the gas milage and not get the car stolen like my acura was :frown:

I think it's a good choice for the yaris, but I really don't know how high you can rev these cars. If you can go up to 7.5k or 8k with some minor work, I would get a GT28R to support some more power with only a bit more lag.

cdydjded
01-29-2007, 01:37 PM
NEBULIGHT: In what sense is that a small turbo? It is capable of supporting 260hp. What would you recomend? The T3T4 that everybody uses? The GT22 is perfect for a stock 1NZFE. And when I install pistons & rods I will have more than enough turbo. :smile:

cdydjded
01-29-2007, 01:38 PM
The Yaris revs 6000 RPM

nebulight
01-29-2007, 01:47 PM
NEBULIGHT: In what sense is that a small turbo? It is capable of supporting 260hp. What would you recomend? The T3T4 that everybody uses? The GT22 is perfect for a stock 1NZFE. And when I install pistons & rods I will have more than enough turbo. :smile:

Like I said in my previous post, I think a GT28R would be a nice turbo that can support a bit more power if you can rev the car. I just picked up my Yaris a few days ago, so I really don't know what these motors can handle. If the head can flow some good CFMs, then I don't see why a slightly bigger turbo wouldn't be able to spool up early and still make for a nice powerband. And if you are going to upgrade your rods and pistons then I don't see why you wouldn't want to make some more power.

But I understand wanting a quick spooling turbo, lag can suck with long gears. But with an after market ECU if the head can support some nice revs, then rev it up higher so any lag picked up from a bigger turbo can be stretched out longer in the powerband where a smaller turbo would drop off.

Russelt3hPirate
01-29-2007, 07:04 PM
are you doing a tubular or log type manifold?

i'm curious to see how you're running the piping.

I'm thinking of doing something similar, but wouldn't use that intercooler or placement.

cdydjded
01-29-2007, 07:42 PM
FU: Looking to make +/- 150HP 5-7 lbs

ECO: Under $3000

RUS: Log style, What I/C do you want to use & where do you want to place it?

spkrman
01-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Byebye warranty, hello keeping up with traffic! Who is tuning it?

:bs:

the pee stain after you 1st floor it and can now *pass* most minivans is 100% turbo related.

dngz
01-30-2007, 06:04 PM
hope you are changing your internals too

ChinoCharles
01-30-2007, 06:11 PM
:bs:

the pee stain after you 1st floor it and can now *pass* most minivans is 100% turbo related.

:laughabove: :bellyroll:

Doc Zaius
01-30-2007, 06:31 PM
After spending the day very carefullly perusing some "What kind of turbo should I get?" sites (Garrett (http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/tech_center/turbo_tech103.html) *great site* & MazdaSpeed (http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=mazdaSpeedVehicle sCommonProtege&sectionParameter=session2&bhcp=1)), I built this big Excel spreadsheet so I can see how the different values for airflow, manifold pressure, pressure ratio, target horsepower, etc. interact. Then I studied a whole bunch of compression maps, and I figured that if aiming to produce less than 180HP, then a GT22 or even a GT20 would suffice.

I mean, assuming Air/Fuel = 12, and BSFC (fuel consumption) = 0.55, then for 180HP, you'd need 19.8 lb/min of (actual) airflow. So, assuming a decent intercooler and intake/exhaust plumbing, the pressure ratio @ 6,500 RPM should be somewhere around 2.2-2.3. These numbers are smack dab in the middle of the efficiency islands for the GT2252, but even still on the maps for a couple GT20's. It seems that a lot of those bigger 'chargers are for when you have much more airflow.

But seriously, I'm a noob at this. I only know what I've taught myself. But wouldn't you want to pick the smallest turbo possible that still has all your target numbers inside its compression map, to the left of the choke line?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or corrections on this! :thumbsup:

cdydjded
01-30-2007, 09:12 PM
DNGZ: Why do I need to change the internals now with a low boost kit? You can run a Greddy S/C, Greddy tubocharger & Blitz S/C with stock internals.

I will go to JE pistons & Carrillo rods when I find the limits of the stock 1NZFE.

DOC: I have the GT15 in my garage. I ordered it with the intention of running the smallest turbo but when I received it I came across some unforseen problems.
1) Exhaust housing in tiny. I felt the exhaust could not breath properly through it
2) The whole turbo itself is to small, what I mean is phisically. I am planning on selling this kit & with the GT15 it made the kit unapealing. I will post a pic of it asap

spkrman
01-30-2007, 11:06 PM
DNGZ: Why do I need to change the internals now with a low boost kit? You can run a Greddy S/C, Greddy tubocharger & Blitz S/C with stock internals.

I will go to JE pistons & Carrillo rods when I find the limits of the stock 1NZFE.

DOC: I have the GT15 in my garage. I ordered it with the intention of running the smallest turbo but when I received it I came across some unforseen problems.
1) Exhaust housing in tiny. I felt the exhaust could not breath properly through it
2) The whole turbo itself is to small, what I mean is phisically. I am planning on selling this kit & with the GT15 it made the kit unapealing. I will post a pic of it asap

Im sure you'd have no problem selling as long as you can show proven results :thumbup:

Nutzoids
01-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Im sure you'd have no problem selling as long as you can show proven results :thumbup:

... And be able to keep the cost low!

After all this car is all for Efficiency... Why have Turbo you can't use?
4-6LBS of boost should be more then enough...

In most cases that equals out to about 150 - 160HP... In a car our size...

DAMN, That Bitch Will Be Quick!

:evil:

Doc Zaius
01-30-2007, 11:44 PM

Interesting... from what I've read, they tend to size the exhaust outlet on the small side to provide a higher exhaust velocity. But still, too small is too small! :biggrin:

Would be interested in seeing a pic, with something to reference scale. Must be a *tiny* turbo!

Also, I think I remember reading somewhere that the reason none of the forced-induction offerings available for the 1NZFE get above 150HP is because of the offset crank, and the stock internals just can't take anything above that. Any comments or thoughts on this?

dngz
01-31-2007, 12:58 AM
just want to keep your car as reliable as can be!