PDA

View Full Version : ZPI to produce yaris turbo kit and exhaust

turboyaris
01-31-2007, 02:29 AM
Hey guys. I am just letting you all know that earlier today I dropped my Yaris sedan off at ZPI Racing. They are using my car as the model to make a full exhaust for the sedan. They will offer an axleback exhaust and a mid pipe for those that want both. The exhaust parts should come in tomorrow and once everything is fabbed up they will begin producing them for retail. They are also going to be developing a turbo kit for the Yaris. They aren't sure if it will be a midstream (like their XB kit, where the turbo is located further downstream then normal) or if it will be a more traditional setup. The main issue they are concerned with for a traditional setup, is that the ecu would be located too closely to the turbo. You can contact Kenny at ZPI with any questions that you may have on the kits, or the exhaust. Their website is www.ZPIracing.net, you can also go onto their website and look at the gallery section where they will be updating as the build continues. They are shooting for 200 whp and if they accomplish this, the car should run in the 12's. Their XB kit set down 191 hp so it shouldn't be a stretch. I will keep you posted as I get more info. Check out their site for updates.

spkrman
01-31-2007, 04:34 AM
nice

redglare45
01-31-2007, 10:15 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

neohalo
01-31-2007, 11:48 AM
turboyaris, Keep us updated with the ZPI turbo

Treyz
01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
SWEET!!

But how are our stock internals for just a bolt on setup? Or are they going to go all out for this kit?

Nutzoids
01-31-2007, 02:12 PM
I just got off the phone with those guys... They say that they can produce 7.5ft/lbs of boost without messing with the internals, But you would need a new Clutch…

They also have a time frame of the end of February…

TurboYaris… Good find.

I told them that I saw your post and I too was interested… they were happy to hear that there is a market for this… If your interested too… Let them know!

:evil:

turboyaris
01-31-2007, 03:33 PM
yea the stock internals will be fine for running their regular turbo kit at 7.5psi. The engines are the same as the scion XB's and they have been running several turboed XBs with no reliability issues. And yes the only other upgrade you will need is a clutch but the good news is that they make their own clutch for the XB which will also work on our cars. I originally contacted ZPI because I knew that they were the guys to go to with scions and that the scion xb and yaris had the same engine. I also have a friend of mine that is close friends with them and he kept raving about them. They are great guys and very knowledgable. If you do call them up to ask some questions just ask for Kenny.
p.s. earlier this morning I talked to Kenny and he said they had the front mount all mounted up and they would be sending me some pictures later on so I will post them as I get them.

Doc Zaius
01-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Anybody who's done any poking around the internet looking for boosted 1NZ-FEs has probably stumbled onto at least a couple threads over on ScionLife (http://www.scionlife.com), where ZPI has quite a reputation. Some love them, some can't stand them due to what seems to be rather poor customer support. I would love it if they brought their product over to the Yaris platform, but I'm wary... there are a LOT of horror stories over on SL.

Do your reading, and be informed! :thumbsup:

redglare45
01-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Can't wait to see those pics Turbo Yaris

PetersRedYaris
01-31-2007, 06:30 PM
I just got off the phone with those guys... They say that they can produce 7.5ft/lbs of boost without messing with the internals...

7.5 ft/lbs of boost huh? Last time I checked air pressure was measured in PSI, atmospheres, etc.:thumbsup:

Nutzoids
02-01-2007, 12:50 AM
7.5 ft/lbs of boost huh? Last time I checked air pressure was measured in PSI, atmospheres, etc.:thumbsup:

Sorry Big Guy... I meant 7.5PSI...

I was a little distracted by someone doing the repeater...

That will happen!...

turboyaris
02-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Anybody who's done any poking around the internet looking for boosted 1NZ-FEs has probably stumbled onto at least a couple threads over on ScionLife (http://www.scionlife.com), where ZPI has quite a reputation. Some love them, some can't stand them due to what seems to be rather poor customer support. I would love it if they brought their product over to the Yaris platform, but I'm wary... there are a LOT of horror stories over on SL.

Do your reading, and be informed! :thumbsup:

Yea be warned though a lot of things get said over forums that aren't entirely true. I agree that you should read up and make your own decisions, but sometimes the claims are only one side of the story. As far as personal experience, I have two friends that I know get great customer service from them, and they live 700 miles from the shop. You have to realize too that it is a three man team so it may take a little bit of time to get right back to you as they are busy. But yea read up and make your own decisions.

BAZTEK
02-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Lemme know what you go with Nutzoids.

Nutzoids
02-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Lemme know what you go with Nutzoids.

Baz... Glad to see you joined!

Everyone, BAZ is a wealth of knowledge in almost every field… From medical to mechanical, to electrical… and a whole bunch of other icals that I can’t even think of!

BAZ is the man!

cali yaris
06-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I have first-hand horror stories with them, and more than one, sorry to say. I'm sure they get it right some of the time, but there is no consistency, and if there's a problem, you may or may not get the service you expected. I didn't.

I can see how living within driving distance would be a huge plus.

"Observe Extreme Caution".

YarisGuy
06-09-2007, 01:24 AM
I have first-hand horror stories with them, and more than one, sorry to say. I'm sure they get it right some of the time, but there is no consistency, and if there's a problem, you may or may not get the service you expected. I didn't.

I can see how living within driving distance would be a huge plus.

"Observe Extreme Caution".

Interesting. Would you care to elaborate for us?