PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 Yaris HB 5dr SE- Blizzard Pearl (Toronto)

Patrone
10-23-2011, 11:28 AM
I just bought a 2012 Toyota Yaris HB 5dr SE Blizzard Pearl in Toronto area and I'm picking it up on Tuesday. MSRP $20245 with a Total Purchase Price $23257 with all the options available. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I'm looking forward to using this forum - first time poster!:thumbup:

Betrivent
10-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Ow my neck

Patrone
10-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Ow my neck

Hope this helps

Betrivent
10-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes it does! jealous of that HU

Patrone
10-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm not very fond of the retro blue pattern "sport" seats....meh

Klink10
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm not very fond of the retro blue pattern "sport" seats....meh

Me either. I do like the rear discs however. Also curious as to "all the options". My dealer has one with automatic trans for $16K. Also think it has fogs and cruise. Hope you didn't pay extra for the stealership floor mats. One of my big gripes with them when they charge like $290.00 for 4 pieces of carpet. Same amount can get you the Weathertechs. Okay enuff, congratulations and welcome to Yaris World.

thebarber
10-23-2011, 08:23 PM
20k plus tax....ouch

all that for engine tech that is over a decade old

Patrone
10-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Me either. I do like the rear discs however. Also curious as to "all the options". My dealer has one with automatic trans for $16K. Also think it has fogs and cruise. Hope you didn't pay extra for the stealership floor mats. One of my big gripes with them when they charge like $290.00 for 4 pieces of carpet. Same amount can get you the Weathertechs. Okay enuff, congratulations and welcome to Yaris World.

The Blizzard Pearl paint cost a little more than all other paint options and is only available for the SE. I got the all weather floor mats, 3 oil changes, hatch door protection strip for loading, and wheel locks thrown in for free. $250 discount off the MSRP. The SE includes a spoiler lip, sport suspension, and body skirt package. I agree, way too expensive for a Yaris...but I guess I'll start saving on gas. All I need to get done now are my tints, but I don't know how dark to go?

thebarber
10-23-2011, 10:12 PM
my vibe has 30% on the front driver/passenger and 20% on the rear 5 windows. i love it....and the fronts are +/- legal for ontario

Crandall
10-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Finally rear disc. Someone go crash an SE so we can see if they can be swapped onto a older model.

alch3miss
10-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Is it tuesday already lol?!

Klink10
10-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Finally rear disc. Someone go crash an SE so we can see if they can be swapped onto a older model.

Now I like that comment, wished I'd a thought of it.

roxy1
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
$20k+

does that come with gold bars in the trunk

403RS
10-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Saw the blizzard pearl on an '11 and it looked amazing.
Congrats on the new purchase!

Yar Is Word
10-25-2011, 02:18 AM
Congratulations!
Did you consider/test drive any other cars?

thebarber
10-25-2011, 08:15 AM
at least theyve kept the weight down

but those brochures are funny....they tell you how much better the new yaris is over the old....but it makes the 2011 (and older) seem like a pile of donkey crap

marcus
10-25-2011, 10:20 AM
today is the day aint it???

digitalrain
10-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Been driving it yet?
pics and a review?!? :smile:

Patrone
10-30-2011, 01:28 AM
WOW! This car is amazing. It's peppy and really good on gas. The SE suspension is confident in taking turns fast - it really hugs the road. The stiff suspension makes the ride a little rough but nothing too uncomfortable. The dealer weather mats made for the car are thin and small. I've driven a 2007 Yaris RS and I can truly say the new yaris is nicer both inside and out. All hard plastics have been replaced with softer materials and there is much more attention to detail throughout the car. The car feels more refined and comfortable for the everyday driver. One complaint....still no centre armrest. The Pearl Paint is really nice in person and I've gotten a ton of compliments for it. Bluetooth controls are easy and quick to use, but its missing bluetooth controls on the steering wheel. The SE skirt package makes the car look very aggressive and the smoked factory rims look like aftermarket rims. The single blade windshield wiper is massive and super effective. Fuel consumption feels better in the new yaris and it helps to have ECO and consumption/distance/avg displays to help adjust your driving. I'll post pics and add another review soon.

thebarber
10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
i saw a dark grey SE this weekend in hamilton with gunmetal oem rims

looked AWESOME

digitalrain
10-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I think this car looks so much better in person than in pics. Particularly the front 3/4 view. Awesome to hear you're loving it Patrone!

Patrone
11-09-2011, 09:48 PM
here are some before/after pics of my new tints

Scubaru Steve
11-09-2011, 11:02 PM
with that eco light i take it you have the auto? i wish that was available on the manuals. mind you i would never see it. and with the SE we get that head unit? touch screen nav unit? does it have ipod control? im so excited for mine there are no blizzard pearl manuals available for purchase yet. :(

are you able to take a few more exterior shots and a few interior?

Patrone
11-12-2011, 03:01 PM
with that eco light i take it you have the auto? i wish that was available on the manuals. mind you i would never see it. and with the SE we get that head unit? touch screen nav unit? does it have ipod control? im so excited for mine there are no blizzard pearl manuals available for purchase yet. :(

are you able to take a few more exterior shots and a few interior?

My Yaris is the "4-Speed, Automatic, Super Electronically Controlled Transmission (Super ECT), Overdrive." The head unit is pretty simple and lacks nav and touch screen. The car does have bluetooth built in and it automatically recognizes your iphone/android phone music instantly. I can keep my phone in my pocket or bag and no problems. It makes life simple without 6ft of AUX cord at my feet. It allows you to control tracks and playlists from the steering wheel or head-unit. You can also connect a USB stick or aux cord to any device in the glovebox outlets - but the head unit won't display track titles. I'll post some more pics up once it stops raining. Congrats on your new yaris! :biggrin:

broody
11-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Is the turning radius of the yaris SE really that bad?
Because I love the turning radius of the regular yaris and I hate the fit's turning radius for comparison, if the yaris SE has the same (or worst) than the fit, then the car is pointless.

Patrone
11-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Is the turning radius of the yaris SE really that bad?
Because I love the turning radius of the regular yaris and I hate the fit's turning radius for comparison, if the yaris SE has the same (or worst) than the fit, then the car is pointless.

The turning radius is not "bad"....only because its a small car. The SE turning radius is definitely not as good as other Yaris trims but I still find it easy to pull a quick u-turn. On a side note, I test drove the 2011 Honda Fit but found the cabin noise too loud.

broody
11-12-2011, 04:22 PM
The Fit 2012 has more sound proofing than before I think, but it's still noisy probably, and the engine revs too high with the manual tranny.

But my mom got a great deal back in early 2010, she bought her 2009 fit dx-a (base mt, with AC) brand new for 17 400$ all included. At the time, for a yaris with similar equipement (abs brakes and 6 airbags were optionnal on the yaris) was aroun 18 000$ and still more boring and less roomy. But the fit really is too loud and uncomfy for the road, I wouldn't recommend my mother to buy a fit again now.

thebarber
11-12-2011, 08:37 PM
sat in a new 2012 yaris LE yesterday as my vibe GT got an oil change at my local toyota dealership

holy crap even the non-SE version of the 5dr is waaay nicer than the 1st gen yaris

Scubaru Steve
11-12-2011, 08:45 PM
sat in a new 2012 yaris LE yesterday as my vibe GT got an oil change at my local toyota dealership

holy crap even the non-SE version of the 5dr is waaay nicer than the 1st gen yaris

and thats what made me sign the papers so fast lol! its not a small change from last year.

Hershey
11-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Very handsome car . Keep us informed on your experience with your 2012 .

Hershey
11-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Let us know how the single wiper does during rain and snow . Thanks and enjoy .

Chuck G
11-12-2011, 10:07 PM

I had the exact opposite impression.

broody
11-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Except for the 3 glove box, the new interior is so much better in almost every aspect (design, fit and finish, room, driving position).

WeeYari
11-13-2011, 05:05 PM

Comparing it to the Echo are you?

roxy1
11-13-2011, 06:40 PM

well, the interior outlay and materials are still the cheapest looking in the class, but id agree...

...still better than the 07-'11 version in every possible way. i might have kept my yaris hatch if it had this layout. i just couldnt take the barren, unwelcoming, cheap cabin in that car.

BTW, any new owners...di they make fifth gear any taller in the manual transmission....what are the rpm's at 70 mph? since the mileage went up 2 mpg's on the highway, i wonder if that was a factor.

thebarber
11-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Comparing it to the Echo are you?

no...just about any car newer than 05 is better than the echo, lol

i mean the interior was nicer and had a better layout than the 06-11 yaris

however, i didnt like that they got rid of the 2 upper storage/glove boxes. but honestly the new seats and non-center-mounted gauges make up for just about anything. 60/40 split bench doesnt hurt either

broody
11-13-2011, 11:35 PM
well, the interior outlay and materials are still the cheapest looking in the class, but id agree...

...still better than the 07-'11 version in every possible way. i might have kept my yaris hatch if it had this layout. i just couldnt take the barren, unwelcoming, cheap cabin in that car.

BTW, any new owners...di they make fifth gear any taller in the manual transmission....what are the rpm's at 70 mph? since the mileage went up 2 mpg's on the highway, i wonder if that was a factor.

What did you smoke? The yaris materials are the best in the category, with the Fiesta.

When I test drove the car, the rpm seemed to be about the same as before on the highway, so it's still a bit short, but when you are used to the Honda fit (almost 3000rpm at 60mph) it's allright.

no...just about any car newer than 05 is better than the echo, lol

i mean the interior was nicer and had a better layout than the 06-11 yaris

however, i didnt like that they got rid of the 2 upper storage/glove boxes. but honestly the new seats and non-center-mounted gauges make up for just about anything. 60/40 split bench doesnt hurt either

What's sad about the rear seats is that we loose the adjustable seat back (in angle). I don't know if the higher trims still have the rails, but I don't think so...

roxy1
11-14-2011, 06:22 AM
What did you smoke? The yaris materials are the best in the category, with the Fiesta.

that makes me think you havent bothered sitting in a fiesta.

look, i dont like the fiesta at all. but, the interior is of WAY better material quality in the fiesta.

much of the plastic (as has been discussed previously) in the yaris has this shreeded paper kind of texture. it feels and looks cheap, maybe even cheaper than the previous yaris.

broody
11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
The fiesta has a soft touch dash for sure, but the rest of the plastics (on the doors, around the center console, etc.) are hard and don't have a grain as nice as the ones on the yaris. And the cloth isn't any better.

marcus
11-14-2011, 01:19 PM
did you guys notice that the se/rs i guess for 2012 had a different front bumper vs base model..

Scubaru Steve
11-15-2011, 12:05 AM
that makes me think you havent bothered sitting in a fiesta.

look, i dont like the fiesta at all. but, the interior is of WAY better material quality in the fiesta.

much of the plastic (as has been discussed previously) in the yaris has this shreeded paper kind of texture. it feels and looks cheap, maybe even cheaper than the previous yaris.

i love the cheep look of the back side of the rear seats of the fiesta! everyone likes steel rather then fabric lol!!

roxy1
11-15-2011, 06:28 AM
i love the cheep look of the back side of the rear seats of the fiesta! everyone likes steel rather then fabric lol!!

unfortunately, most of us dont drive while sitting in the cargo area.

sushiic
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Nice car! Nice pics.

I wonder if U.S. will get Blizzard Pearl color? It would be a great alternative to white!