PDA

View Full Version : LB with Power Package in New England?

tl1000s
02-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Has anyone in New England been able to get a liftback, manual transmission, with the Power Package ? I've been to three dealers in the Springfield Mass area and they all told me it was impossible. They say Toyota won't let them bring those cars into their inventory. I'm ticked off by this, since the pamphlets and the Toyota website don't say anything about certain packages not being available in certain parts of the country. If you were able to get one, what dealer was it? He'll have my business tomorrow. I don't care if I have to wait a couple months, I just want to get the car that has the options I want.

Thanks

PCMAN
02-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Has anyone in New England been able to get a liftback, manual transmission, with the Power Package ? I've been to three dealers in the Springfield Mass area and they all told me it was impossible. They say Toyota won't let them bring those cars into their inventory. I'm ticked off by this, since the pamphlets and the Toyota website don't say anything about certain packages not being available in certain parts of the country. If you were able to get one, what dealer was it? He'll have my business tomorrow. I don't care if I have to wait a couple months, I just want to get the car that has the options I want.

Thanks

Ordered My Blue LB in June, Just arrived. They said the delay was due to the custom order (Power, Cold, and Extra Air Bags). I've had the car 2 days - def worth the wait! Great Car!

tl1000s
02-04-2007, 10:52 AM
What dealer did you order it from? The guys I talked to said they couldn't order cars, they could only get what Toyota headquarters decides to send them. This is my first time dealing with Toyota and I can only say I'm not impressed.

Go4th
02-04-2007, 01:08 PM
What dealer did you order it from? The guys I talked to said they couldn't order cars, they could only get what Toyota headquarters decides to send them. This is my first time dealing with Toyota and I can only say I'm not impressed.

They told me the same thing. Its true. They can only look at whats on a boat and try to get you one they see as soon as it hits the docks. It can take some time for one you like to come in on a boat. Ask when the next time they can check on whats coming in and go there that day. Thats about all you can do if there is not one in the surrounding area they can get. Also if you call a dealership and are willing to drive states away maybe they can find one you want not in your region and you can go get it. I did that too. Have a friend in MI and was willing to fly up there if they had what I wanted. No luck though.

Bottom line is they are telling the truth. Just let them know they have a sell when they can get their hands on "the one" you want! then they will help you search on the boats and docks or what ever it is they look at.

PCMAN
02-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Hmmm... This was the 2nd Toyota I ordered. I ordered a Toyota MR2 in 1999 (which arrived 6 mo later) and this time I ordered the exact combo of options (air bags, blue lights, High-end Toyota Alarm, Pwr & Cold Weather, ceter arm rest, mud flaps, and rear bum cover) - I was around when it arrived and that was exactly it. I ordered late June and the first car was sent to a dif dealer by mistake (resulting in a free 100,000 war direct from Toyota for free). The 2nd arrived last week. But the dealer put nothing on it - it arrived as ordered 9just like the MR2). I placed the order in Concord NH with the same sales person as last time.

60 Somethings
02-08-2007, 11:03 PM
I think you'll find that some of those options, like the blue lights and the alarm system are installed at the port before the car is sent to the dealer.

There are few LB's and very few of them are loaded, and even fewer have a stick-shift. We were able to get it all, but my sister had to settle for a loaded LB with an automatic.

Having a motivated and capable salesman is a must. Ours knew we would buy it if he found it (we had bought a V8 4Runner from him earlier in the year) via the COSTCO purchase program.

tl1000s
02-09-2007, 12:01 PM
I ended up going to the Toyota dealer in Wilbraham, MA and ordering the car I want. They were the first dealer that showed any interest in actually doing something other than saying "can't get one". It amazes me that the other dealers just couldn't be bothered to spend a little time to work with a customer.

The dealer originally told me delivery would take 8 weeks, but I just got a message last night saying it would be closer to 3 - 4 months. That's fine, I'll keep driving my Saturn in the salt and sand until the Yaris shows up.

sam07yaris
02-09-2007, 12:01 PM
RT 44 TOYOTA in raynham MA has TONS of liftbacks and sedans. probably around 9 in total.

tl1000s
02-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the info Sam07. The dealers in the Springfield area also have some liftbacks on their lots. The problem is that Toyota made a decision not to bring cars with the Power Package into New England. That's why I had special order one.

sam07yaris
02-12-2007, 05:51 PM
BS there are liftbacks with power package here in Raynham, MA. they're playing with ur balls.

tl1000s
02-13-2007, 11:41 AM
I usually hate it when they do that, but the saleswoman was kinda cute. :wub:

I don't see why three different dealers would tell me the same song and dance about Toyota not bringing the power package to New England if there wasn't some truth to it. I'm sure they love to sell cars with more options 'cause it means more $ for them.
The dealer I ordered my car from checked the car locator system and the nearest liftback with a manual transmission and the power package was in Ohio. And it was the wrong color. In any case, they've got my non-refundable deposit and I've only got another 3 1/2 months more to wait...

MsCrystalscar
02-27-2007, 11:00 AM
I had the dealership do a locate and the closest one they could find was in OHIO and it was that damn blazing blue..yuck..
So I just said screw it and went with the Sedan S type... It is cool but not as much as the LB

sam07yaris
02-27-2007, 12:11 PM
well go to raynham toyota

or rt44toyota.com

KittenRD
02-28-2007, 11:22 PM
I have an automatic with a power package. I ordered mine back in August and got mine in December finally. Have you tried Boch toyota? My dad had called them and they said they could get what I wanted in 6 weeks. This was after I bought mine, but he was asking them for some dealer advice.

Yucky Darren
05-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I had to have my black LB auto with power options shipped from Pennsylvania to the Northampton Mass Lia Toyota dealer. They told me I was the only one in the greater Boston area to have a LB Yaris with power anything. But that was probably a bunch of BS. Took less than a week for them to find it. Not bad though. Love it.

sambo42xa
05-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Mine is plain. Don't need electronic door locks, windows, extra air bags etc. Shit if you get hit, I don't think extra bags are going to save ya in a car this size :iono: anyway.
I can just extend my arm over to the passenger side and open the window easily and the lock too! Hey, I'm just goofing over here, felt like writing something in here. Hasn't been much going on here in the New England thread for awhile anyway.
Peace!
sambo42xa
Southern, NH

tl1000s
05-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey Sambo42xa
I actually agree with you about the power windows, but you don't get to pick and choose what they include in the package. I really wanted the power package for the split/adjustable rear seats. I have two kids, so one of them has to ride in back. Without the split seats the LB only has enough trunk space for a loaf of bread. OK, so that's a little exaggeration, but you get my point. And the power package doesn't come with extra air bags - that would have been even more $$$.
The good news is that they delivered my car in 4 weeks instead of 4 months. The bad news is that they delivered my car in 4 weeks instead of 4 months. The day I went to pick it up we were having a snowstorm, so my new baby was exposed to the salt and slush. :thumbdown: I know I'll have to deal with it again next winter, but I was hoping to avoid it until then. Oh well. I've been having a blast with this car and I'm looking forward to personalizing it (exhaust, lights, gauges) which I wouldn't have even considered doing to my old Saturn.:thumbup: