PDA

View Full Version : scratched windshield

yrsdrgn
02-06-2007, 11:04 PM
i was walking over to my car the other day and i noticed some bird droppings on my windshield. so i took a wet paper towel and wiped it off. sadly, there was stuff in the bird droppings that apparently scratched my windshield. does anyone know how i can possibly fix this problem?

spkrman
02-07-2007, 09:15 PM
ouch!

sounds like a new windshield time :(

07typeS
02-07-2007, 10:21 PM
dude what did that bird eat that could have possibly been that sharp and solid to scratch glass....musta ripped him a new one on the way out lol

jaspie
02-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Bird's often eat up rocks and it just goes straight through their digestive system and back out....no problems ~

So I'm guessing it's rock ~ Anyways....how big is the scratch?

I think you can buy a glass scratch sealing thing that just fills in the scratch with liguid glass.....and dries up and you won't see the scartch anymore ~

I'm not sure.....it's just from memory ~

Jaspie ~

dngz
02-08-2007, 02:36 AM
lol, ive got the same problem ><!

yrsdrgn
02-08-2007, 03:47 AM
i guess i'll go to kragen or something to see if they have nething but i do like that liquid glass idea haha. the scratch is in a blind spot created by the rear-view mirror so yea it's not really a big deal but i'd like to have a clean looking windshield instead of a scratched one and it's about 3cm-4cm long and not that deep

jaspie
02-08-2007, 09:17 AM
i guess i'll go to kragen or something to see if they have nething but i do like that liquid glass idea haha. the scratch is in a blind spot created by the rear-view mirror so yea it's not really a big deal but i'd like to have a clean looking windshield instead of a scratched one and it's about 3cm-4cm long and not that deep

Now let's just hope Jaspie wasn't dreaming and making up things ~

I'm sure I've seen those around though.....correct me if I'm wrong ~

Jaspie ~

tekmoe
02-13-2007, 09:45 AM
my windshield also has two scratches that run horizontal in my direct view! i was cleaning my windshield with a towel and there must have been some debris which caused the two scratches.

these windshields suck! how could they possibly scratch so easily? :mad:

yrsdrgn
02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
i'll probably bring mine in to a body shop and see if they can possibly fix it for free if not....very very cheap

Blenjar
02-13-2007, 06:44 PM
I got 2 scratches and 1 chirp on my windshield...i prefer the sractches over the chirp...

-- Blen

Black Yaris
02-13-2007, 06:57 PM
I got 2 scratches and 1 chirp on my windshield...i prefer the sractches over the chirp...

-- Blen

A chirp?... your windshield goes "chirp chirp" like a birdy?

Go4th
02-14-2007, 03:56 PM
so thats what i hear. my windshield. :biggrin:

Blenjar
03-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I got so many scratches on my windshield, like my car was at a warzone. I drove too much.

-- Blen

Pavel Olavich
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
A chirp?... your windshield goes "chirp chirp" like a birdy?

My windshield farts...everytime I accidently hit the wiper lever, and the glass is dry, my windshield farts away!!!! Toyota's should NOT do that...Dodges, of course!

redyaris
03-23-2007, 10:05 PM
My windshield farts...everytime I accidently hit the wiper lever, and the glass is dry, my windshield farts away!!!! Toyota's should NOT do that...Dodges, of course!

Why dont you take your anti-american rants somewhere else?

hasher22
03-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Why dont you take your anti-american rants somewhere else?

ur a very angry little man.....from reading some of your posts

redyaris
03-24-2007, 10:28 AM
ur a very angry little man.....from reading some of your posts

WTF????? Where did this come from??? Who got up your pants?

Have you read the venom Pavel has been spreading on this forum? You might think again why I took a sarcastic dig at him.

Anyway thanks for your support. Have a nice day.