PDA

View Full Version : Touch&Go system - iPod compatibility problem

Mychu
01-11-2012, 03:57 AM
Hello,
I have a problem with Touch&Go system in my new 2012 Yaris (European version).

The T&G system doesn't work correct with my two iPods.

First one (iPod 5G soft version 1.3.0) is recognized by the Toyota system but it interrupts (disconnect for a while) when playing music.

The second one (iPod Nano 3G soft version 1.1.3) is not recognized by the system :( Nothing appears when I plug it in...

Both iPods were restored to factory settings.

According to this website everything should works fine.
http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/frame_start.jsp?id=TouchandGo-landing

How it works in yours Touch&Go systems?

Twisterboy
01-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi there,

When I plug my Ipod into the touch and go system all I get is the Aux screen, does not show any of the album covers on my IPOD nano at all, plus the fact Toyota gave me a manual for a diffrent touch and go system for another model of toyota. If I find out how I will let you know.

Davy

Mychu
01-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi there,

When I plug my Ipod into the touch and go system all I get is the Aux screen, does not show any of the album covers on my IPOD nano at all, plus the fact Toyota gave me a manual for a diffrent touch and go system for another model of toyota. If I find out how I will let you know.

Davy

Thanks for response :)
Does your Nano work on it? Can you play and switch songs and albums using T&Go system?
I have the aux screen with Toyota logo only on iPod 5G, not on nano :(

Can you check your Touch and Go software version?
Setup --> General --> scroll it down --> System information

My is 1.6.61

CPALK719
01-30-2012, 01:30 AM
why not just use the usb port with your white wire your ipod came with ? since i purchased the my 2012 yaris this past saturday i started messing with that, and the music plays perfectly.

Mychu
02-01-2012, 05:09 AM
why not just use the usb port with your white wire your ipod came with ? since i purchased the my 2012 yaris this past saturday i started messing with that, and the music plays perfectly.

How could you imagine that I didn't use "white wire my ipod came with" :thumbup:

My problem occures with iPod connected via oryginal apple usb-dock white wire into Toyota's USB port.
What software version do you have?

CPALK719
02-01-2012, 10:42 AM
How could you imagine that I didn't use "white wire my ipod came with" :thumbup:

My problem occures with iPod connected via oryginal apple usb-dock white wire into Toyota's USB port.
What software version do you have?

oh to my understanding i was thinking you purchased some ipod cable from the toyota dealer. im not certain what software i'll check today and let you know

CTScott
02-01-2012, 11:05 AM
oh to my understanding i was thinking you purchased some ipod cable from the toyota dealer. im not certain what software i'll check today and let you know

You don't have the "Touch and Go" head unit in your 2012. We don't get that fancy of an option here in the US.

STrek77
02-01-2012, 11:46 AM
When I did a testdrive (before buying), I did test my Ipod (thouch 4gen) also in the usb conector. Everything did work fine. Songs were displayed with cover on display and I could chanche songs with butons on the wheel. Did also play while navigation was on.

CPALK719
02-01-2012, 12:37 PM
You don't have the "Touch and Go" head unit in your 2012. We don't get that fancy of an option here in the US.

touch and go head unit ???? i do have a headunit and i also have a USB port and AUX located in the glovebox. Yes i can control it via the headunit. but i recall seeing that the car was supposed to come with a Specific toyota ipod wire. Mind you i have a 3 door L model base. i didn't get the fancy unit that the LE and Se models have.

but to honest im happy with this headunit in the car, plus i have the usb and aux port thats all i need.

CPALK719
02-01-2012, 12:56 PM
i have software 1.0.4. i have a nano not the newest gen but the gen before that. one of the larger ones that came in the many different colors with the color screen

CTScott
02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
touch and go head unit ???? i do have a headunit and i also have a USB port and AUX located in the glovebox. Yes i can control it via the headunit. but i recall seeing that the car was supposed to come with a Specific toyota ipod wire. Mind you i have a 3 door L model base. i didn't get the fancy unit that the LE and Se models have.

but to honest im happy with this headunit in the car, plus i have the usb and aux port thats all i need.

This:
http://accessories.toyota.ie/uploads/products/YAR0704_11.jpg

CPALK719
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
This:
http://accessories.toyota.ie/uploads/products/YAR0704_11.jpg

i definetly dont have that headunit in my car lol