PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual Mt St Helen's Cruise and Potluck, Saturday June 9th 2012

bzinn 1
01-18-2012, 01:06 AM
AS we do every year there will be a MT St Helen's cruise and potluck.

Hoping to have as many Yari there as can come. Each year the Cruise is put on by the local Scion owners. Any one is welcome....it is a beautiful view and cruise.....each year it gets bigger and bigger....we usually fill up a good 50+ parking spots.

Of course there will be a potluck afterwards.....the space has already been paid for and admission to the Mountain is free that day....yes free....but bring some cash just incase lol....

Here is the thread link on Scionlife

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210724

See you all there...

Thirty-Nine
01-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks for posting this! I will be there as usual.

FYI, started an event page on Facebook for it: http://www.facebook.com/events/363022430379004/

bzinn 1
01-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Hoping for a big showing this year.........if all goes well I will finally be bagged by then....it will be a good day.

Astroman
02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
I'll be there again with the new and improved girlfriend :biggrin:

Sadly nothing really new with the yaris. I finally replaced the factory CD player because the aux port didn't work, and the CD player was having major issues. Picked up a nice pioneer on clearance that had USB, aux and bluetooth for $80.

bzinn 1
02-11-2012, 12:49 AM
cool cool......looking forward to seeing you again......new and improved girlfriend huh.....lol

You will barely recocnise Egplant....he has changed since the last cruise.

Astroman
02-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I've seen the pics! Quite a difference from the first cruise lol. My cousin who's the custom painter, will be re-clearing my hood and my spoiler. After 4 years the factory clear on my replica spoiler is in a REALLY sad state. While he does that he's going to do some custom stuff on the car so I'm excited that I might have some cool paint to show off by the time of the cruise :biggrin:

I'm hoping we get a good showing for the cruise from the Yaris crowd this year. Would be great to get some 2012's in there, along with some sedans. I'll be spreading the word like crazy!

Astroman
03-02-2012, 11:26 PM
bump :biggrin: Still super excited for this!

sqcomp
03-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Let me look at my schedule...Dammit! I'm out at drill.

Thirty-Nine
05-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Just a reminder bump!

SailDesign
05-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Just a reminder bump!

I won't be coming, but I'm sending my kid apparently (David Baker) :smile:

Thirty-Nine
05-29-2012, 12:48 PM
David Baker is your kid?

Ok, so the world keeps getting smaller and smaller. David just told me he got a job at Warn Industries, which is where I work, too. Wow. That's nuts!

SailDesign
05-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah - that's my No. 2 kid. :smile:
It is a VERY small world. He sounds really excited to be at Warn - much more so than he was at the last job. They sound like a good crowd.

Astroman
06-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Excited!! Got my CF spoiler and mirror covers re-cleared, and will have my center console painted too. Sadly to a my cousin who's painting my parts my side skirts and RS rear bumper won't be ready till the weekend after the cruise :rolleyes: BUT at least finally after about 2 years they will be getting put on!

Can't wait!! Going to propose to my girlfriend up at the observatory if weather holds out :biggrin:

SailDesign
06-06-2012, 07:23 AM
<snip>

Can't wait!! Going to propose to my girlfriend up at the observatory if weather holds out :biggrin:

Hope she doesn't lurk in here....

Thirty-Nine
06-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Woah!

At this point, I hope you're bringing rain gear!

Astroman
06-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Nope she's not a lurker. Hoping the weather will turn for the better!

Kioshi
06-11-2012, 10:56 PM
has anyone posted pics from the event?

I know my friend in Oregon tried to keep up with a Yaris owner who went on it...he gave props to the owner and car! :smile:
Well, her bf was driving her car anyway..

From the pic my friend sent me, it looks like Astroman? Silver with black stripes?

Thirty-Nine
06-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Pics: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150842672916986.399841.252700361985&type=1

We did have this show up (along with three other FR-Ss).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Tekka_Maki/303361_10150842676956986_1319532104_n.jpg

bzinn 1
06-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Indeed a great cruise......and from what I hear the Proposal went well and he now has a Fiance'......

I wonder if other areas of the country have as much fun as we do here in teh PNW.....other than the constant rain and grey skies we got a lot of fun to be had each year......

Astroman
06-18-2012, 04:32 AM
has anyone posted pics from the event?

I know my friend in Oregon tried to keep up with a Yaris owner who went on it...he gave props to the owner and car! :smile:
Well, her bf was driving her car anyway..

From the pic my friend sent me, it looks like Astroman? Silver with black stripes?

Ha yeah that was me :biggrin: He had fun trying to keep up on some of those corners lol. I'd love it if ya posted the pic on here. I arrived pretty late to the event but I had a good reason: I'M GETTING MARRIED! :wub: She said yes! That's probably why I tore down the mountain like that, I was pretty happy and excited!

Had a lot of fun, will be going to more events this year and I'll have the rest of my body kit on.

SailDesign
06-21-2012, 12:04 PM
<snip>
I arrived pretty late to the event but I had a good reason: I'M GETTING MARRIED! :wub: She said yes! That's probably why I tore down the mountain like that, I was pretty happy and excited!
<more snippage>

Congrats!! We're looking at 36 years now, and many more to come. Best thing we ever did (and I have her permission to say so!).

Astroman
06-21-2012, 07:10 PM
36 years congrats! I'm five years younger than that :laugh:

She's an amazing person and we match perfectly. I have no doubts that we will be together a long, long time. She had a lot of fun at the event and was super impressed on how great everyone she met was. It was such a good first impression of the group that she said she is definetly in for more! :biggrin:

Kioshi
06-21-2012, 09:42 PM

She's an amazing person and we match perfectly. I have no doubts that we will be together a long, long time. She had a lot of fun at the event and was super impressed on how great everyone she met was. It was such a good first impression of the group that she said she is definetly in for more! :biggrin:

Anything for another Yaris member :D

Here it is....between a 9th gen Civic and a Yaris.
She wanted me to go up, i just couldnt round up enough people to go with me to the Meet. Maybe next year :wink:

AND congratz on her saying YES!
Awesome that she enjoyed the meet and looks forward to more of them.

SailDesign
06-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Thanks, AstroMan! Looks like you've got it figured. Just NEVER forget that it takes work (on both sides) to keep things together. Life is not maintenance-free :smile:

why?
06-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks, AstroMan! Looks like you've got it figured. Just NEVER forget that it takes work (on both sides) to keep things together. Life is not maintenance-free :smile:

well it technically is if you live as a hermit in a cave on a mountain 1000 miles from another human being. But then you have to learn how to hunt and kill and cook and there's no internet. If I could add internet and running water to that option I would probably take it.

But back to reality, congrats Astroman.

SailDesign
06-26-2012, 10:47 AM
well it technically is if you live as a hermit in a cave on a mountain 1000 miles from another human being. But then you have to learn how to hunt and kill and cook and there's no internet. If I could add internet and running water to that option I would probably take it.

But back to reality, congrats Astroman.

So hunting, killing and cooking are not maintenance? :tongue:

why?
06-26-2012, 12:36 PM
So hunting, killing and cooking are not maintenance? :tongue:

not compared to maintaining relationships with real living human beings. Compared to that, hunting, cooking, making your own ammunition or arrows, and making your own cave a home are all easy things to do.

SailDesign
06-27-2012, 10:42 AM
not compared to maintaining relationships with real living human beings. Compared to that, hunting, cooking, making your own ammunition or arrows, and making your own cave a home are all easy things to do.

:laugh:
That explains SOoooo much.

why?
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
:laugh:
That explains SOoooo much.

Wait what? Was it not kinda obvious I am anti social already? People and me don't mix.

nookandcrannycar
06-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Ha yeah that was me :biggrin: He had fun trying to keep up on some of those corners lol. I'd love it if ya posted the pic on here. I arrived pretty late to the event but I had a good reason: I'M GETTING MARRIED! :wub: She said yes! That's probably why I tore down the mountain like that, I was pretty happy and excited!

Had a lot of fun, will be going to more events this year and I'll have the rest of my body kit on.

I'll bet you have a lot of fun on the roads around Wenatchee. The last time I was speeding I got caught and got a ticket. I was driving a rental car from Leavenworth to Roslyn. I remember seeing signs for Wenatchee. There was no one else on the road for long periods of time. A car passed in the opposite direction and it was a LEO. I was only going a little bit over the speed limit, but the LEO did a perfect skidding 180 on the narrow road and pulled me over. Congrats as you look toward your big day.

SailDesign
06-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Wait what? Was it not kinda obvious I am anti social already? People and me don't mix.

I wouldn't say "anti-social" at all. Just, as you say, that you and people don't mix. "Intolerant" might be a better word - if you were anti-social, you wouldn't be here. :smile:

why?
07-02-2012, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't say "anti-social" at all. Just, as you say, that you and people don't mix. "Intolerant" might be a better word - if you were anti-social, you wouldn't be here. :smile:

true. intolerant might be more apt. i don't suffer fools gladly, or really at all. YW tends to bring out the argumentative jerk in me.

SailDesign
07-03-2012, 08:45 PM
true. intolerant might be more apt. i don't suffer fools gladly, or really at all. YW tends to bring out the argumentative jerk in me.

:biggrin:

Astroman
07-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Lol you guys :rolleyes:

Yes the roads around here are fun. My favorite is the Entiat River Rd off Hwy 97A. 30 miles of curves, longest straight is only a 1/4 mile long. Noone has been able to lose me, or keep up in 5 years on it. Engagement is going well, moved into a great place in East Wenatchee and am planning on going to vegas in October :headbang: (to be married)