PDA

View Full Version : Hello Yaris lovers! (great brakes inside)

Dezod
02-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Well, we are a new vendor on here and will be bringing quite a few new products to the market starting with some high performance brake pads. :biggrin:

Better stopping is always a plus in my book, and the Yaris seems to lack a bit IMHO in comparison to some other vehicles. Anyway, as a result we took it upon ourselves to go ahead and create some kick-butt pads for the community.

About them:
* High metal and carbon content for extreme heat and load conditions.
* Low resin content for long life and maximum fade resistance.
* Original equipment style hardware.
* Original equipment style noise dampening shims for quiet performance.
* Slotted and chambered just like OE for smooth, quiet engagement.
* Operates best under severe conditions and possesses a higher heat range than most pads.
* Dual layered friction for maximum sheer strength under severe pressures.

They have an excellent initial bite!

Stop obscenely fast!

http://dezod.com/prod_images_large/Yaris1.jpg

http://dezod.com/pd_ffc.cfm

:drool:

Doc Zaius
02-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Very, very nice. I'm glad there's an alternative to the C-One brakes.

How much? Colour options? :biggrin:

jamal1984
02-09-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah hook me up one, i need one for my yaris real bad, color options and pricess? Group discount?

Doc Zaius
02-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Also, any plans on making a rear disc brake conversion kit? Thanks!

Dezod
02-09-2007, 01:47 PM
No plans on making a rear disc conversion at this time.

Colors are on the Henry Ford aspect of the Model T: "You can have any color you want, so long as it's black." Besides, to keep the cost down we saw no need in offer a color to a pad that is not seen on the car.

Pricing is $57.50 for the axle set. We can offer a group buy on them for sure if there is enough demand. Right now we are limited to sets available, as this was a test market initially.

Linkage: http://dezod.com/pd_ffc.cfm

jamal1984
02-09-2007, 02:14 PM
$57.50 for the set is not bad, is that mean both side?

Dezod
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
$57.50 for the set is not bad, is that mean both side?

Axle set. All the front pads needed. :biggrin:

YamilR
02-09-2007, 06:39 PM
No plans on making a rear disc conversion at this time.

Colors are on the Henry Ford aspect of the Model T: "You can have any color you want, so long as it's black." Besides, to keep the cost down we saw no need in offer a color to a pad that is not seen on the car.

Pricing is $57.50 for the axle set. We can offer a group buy on them for sure if there is enough demand. Right now we are limited to sets available, as this was a test market initially.

Linkage: http://dezod.com/pd_ffc.cfm

I think you need a vendors account to push your products on forum...at least thats the right thing to do

ChinoCharles
02-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Put them on Ebay and pretend you're a member, then PM me with a link to the sale. :wink:

Violin
02-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I take it their cold stopping is lacking?

spkrman
02-09-2007, 10:57 PM
+1 for group buy, im definitely in!

the stockers arent too bad, but they do show some fade with spirited driving through my 1 mile or so road that has a few stop signs.

My monte carlo used to hit the same road every now and again.... its what prompted me to get the rotors turned and get ceramic pads, made a WORLD of difference.

If the yaris recieves any significant gain in fade I'd be happy, stopping power, IMO, is just fine.

Nimble
02-09-2007, 11:22 PM
If the yaris recieves any significant gain in fade I'd be happy, stopping power, IMO, is just fine.

I agree. I mean, how much stopping power is really needed to stop a 2300lb car? :tongue:

Chris07LB
02-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Noticed mine are starting to suck.... Any plans on running a GB?

And colors? Colors??? You guys want color options on a brake pad?? :bellyroll: :laugh: :laughabove: Ohh, thats rich!!!

Dezod
02-10-2007, 07:55 AM
I think you need a vendors account to push your products on forum...at least thats the right thing to do

We are a vendor on here. Dues are paid.

Dezod
02-10-2007, 07:56 AM
I take it their cold stopping is lacking?

Not at all. These actually have a pretty vast heat range, but work exceptionally better under some heat from intense braking.

spkrman
02-10-2007, 07:57 AM
I agree. I mean, how much stopping power is really needed to stop a 2300lb car? :tongue:

Put a stick out the window and drag it along for normal stopping.... pop the door open and drag your gym shoe for high speed stopping... and wear boots for track day.

spkrman
02-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Not at all. These actually have a pretty vast heat range, but work exceptionally better under some heat from intense braking.

this post should prompt a group buy... :headbang:

Dezod
02-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Noticed mine are starting to suck.... Any plans on running a GB?

And colors? Colors??? You guys want color options on a brake pad?? :bellyroll: :laugh: :laughabove: Ohh, thats rich!!!

We can host a GB! Let's start now. Here is the brake down. :bellyroll:

1-5 buyers: $54.50
5-10 buyers: $51.00
10+ buyers: $49.25

Remember, these prices are low an are working off of percentages, which may not seem like much, but respectively it is 5% off, 11% off and 15% off.

Shipping will be flat rate of $10 in the 48 states. AK, HI, Canada and anywhere else will need to PM me for shipping quotes. They will receive list rate at that point. :thumbsup:

spkrman
02-10-2007, 09:39 AM
post it up in the sponsors classifieds with all the nifty GB terms and such =)

largeorangefont
02-10-2007, 10:22 AM

More than what it has stock.

Nimble
02-10-2007, 10:37 AM
More than what it has stock.

In...your....opinion.
What are you a racecar driver? It's a freakin YARIS for chrissakes! :bellyroll:

largeorangefont
02-10-2007, 10:42 AM
In...your....opinion.
What are you a racecar driver? It's a freakin YARIS for chrissakes! :bellyroll:

You are the one driving the Yarrari.

Since it can't move very fast, it better stop and handle exceptionally. I have to dodge those out of control SUVs somehow.

The initial bite on the OEM pads is pretty soft. Something like this that claims to be a bit more agressive would be nice. Keep in mind, you have to be careful with a car that doesn't have ABS. You will want to make sure you have better tires as well or you will find yourself locking a wheel every time you get on the brakes agressively. Tires are the biggest factor in how the car stops, not the brake pads.

Dezod
02-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Tires mixed with a great pad are an excellent 60-0 combo. So please keep that in mind when seeking the most of your Yarrari. :rofl:

Good one largeorangefont! lol

Also there is an official thread in the vendor's section.

Nimble
02-10-2007, 11:18 AM
You are the one driving the Yarrari.

Classic. :biggrin: It's a inside joke with my gf. She hates the Yaris. So I changed the name to make it err, emm....'faster sounding.' She thinks it's lame I went from M3's and modded turbo GTI's to the Yaris.

Shoot, might as well go with a 375mm Stoptech BBK, why stop at just pads?

largeorangefont
02-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Shoot, might as well go with a 375mm Stoptech BBK, why stop at just pads?

It definately doesn't need that, but there aren't many cars that wouldn't see a benefit from a basic pad upgrade and SS brake lines.

Nimble
02-10-2007, 11:27 AM
It definately doesn't need that, but there aren't many cars that wouldn't see a benefit from a basic pad upgrade and SS brake lines.

I think mine will.
You haven't heard my plans for a GT42R with 46 psi? Cobras and Supras will cower at the mighty YARRARI! :wub: :eek:

Dezod
02-13-2007, 01:22 PM
I think mine will.
You haven't heard my plans for a GT42R with 46 psi? Cobras and Supras will cower at the mighty YARRARI! :wub: :eek:

:eek:

GL on spool up. NO2 here you come.

Dezod
02-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Just got off the phone with my contact @ Yota and he said the xA/xB rotors are not an identical match. The OD & width of the two are identical, but the rotor's centerline is 3mm deeper inward than the xA/xB. So that is a no go!

I do have some more avenues to explore. Sit tight fellas.

Dezod
02-13-2007, 01:44 PM
In luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found blanks and can have them drilled or slotted from a company like StopTech or someone else. Let me get pricing.

Dezod
02-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Looks like they are gonna be $210 for the pair slotted or drilled.

http://dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_front.cfm

BulletProofAuto
02-19-2007, 08:03 PM
what is the temp range and braking coefficient for these pads?

"G"
02-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Never heard of them, who makes them ?

Dezod
02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
FFC makes them. They are a newer company that makes parts specializing in high performance applications. These pads where developed for the use of the upcoming turbo system.

Here are some words from a Cobalt SS S/C owner:
"I put Dezods pads on my front last night along with my drilled and slotted rotors and all I can say is WOW! The brakes are alot more touchy and it doesn't take much for them to grab! Im really impreased with the breaking performance. Great job Dezod!"

"I am extreamly impreased with Dezods pads!"

BulletProofAuto
02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
FFC makes them. They are a newer company that makes parts specializing in high performance applications. These pads where developed for the use of the upcoming turbo system.

"I put Dezods pads on my front last night along with my drilled and slotted rotors and all I can say is WOW! The brakes are alot more touchy and it doesn't take much for them to grab! Im really impreased with the breaking performance. Great job Dezod!"

That doesn't answer my question though in regards to braking coefficient and temp range. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious to see the full range of pads for the Yaris and what they actually do.

sam07yaris
02-20-2007, 06:32 PM
lol i love blunt people. i am blunt myself :-D

"G"
02-20-2007, 11:10 PM

Is this a joke ???

Dezod
02-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Is this a joke ???

No it is not. Would you like the link reference from the customer himself on www.cobaltss.net? :biggrin:

Heat range is from about 100*F to 700*F

HP+ from Hawk is rated to 800*F

Chris07LB
02-21-2007, 02:05 PM
When the time comes, Ill grab a set.

"G"
02-21-2007, 08:52 PM
No it is not. Would you like the link reference from the customer himself on www.cobaltss.net? :biggrin:

Heat range is from about 100*F to 700*F

HP+ from Hawk is rated to 800*F

Not the specs, but rather using an opinion from a cobalt owner. :bellyroll:

Tamago
02-21-2007, 10:14 PM
i have never never never experienced brake fade, including during actual racing, autoX

and my car weighs more :)
and i'm on stock pads :)

that all being said.. i think a set of Project Mu race pads are in the works

eTiMaGo
02-22-2007, 08:17 AM
lol i love blunt people. i am blunt myself :-D

I wouldn't mind having a blunt right now...

Dezod
02-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Not the specs, but rather using an opinion from a cobalt owner. :bellyroll:

He is S/C'd and puts down over double the power, so I would say it does hold some weight. :wink:

Dezod
02-22-2007, 10:57 AM
We are nearly sold out of these pads so far. I think we have single digit numbers left.

spkrman
02-22-2007, 10:59 AM
When the time comes, Ill grab a set.

Same here.

BulletProofAuto
02-22-2007, 09:05 PM
still no solid numbers for the pads, power has nothing to do with braking. being supercharged means you just get to a mph faster, but you're still stopping the exact same vehicle weight from the same speed.

"G"
02-22-2007, 09:13 PM
What are these things chinese ? Are they ceramic ? They are new & no one has ever heard of them. They have no track record in any form of motor sports. You may be able to pass these things off on some newb yaris & cobalt owners, but some of us can see right through these. Try posting these on a evo forum & see what happens.

ChinoCharles
02-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Actually, Dezod's been around. Do your homework.

Dezod
02-23-2007, 10:56 AM
What are these things chinese ? Are they ceramic ? They are new & no one has ever heard of them. They have no track record in any form of motor sports. You may be able to pass these things off on some newb yaris & cobalt owners, but some of us can see right through these. Try posting these on a evo forum & see what happens.

No they are a ferro-carbon blend like Hawk, but with more metal content. On the contrary to what you may think, we have not been around for months doing stuff, but years (since 2001) doing high performance aftermarket parts and manufacturing. We have established ourselves in several communites as a vital life-line for performance power and knowledge. I can assure you that our 4-5 appearences in Corvette Fever, Modified Mag, Honda Tuning and soon TPR Mag prove we are just nobodies who like to rip off the consumers and know nothing about performance automotive. :wink:

I am sorry if I came accross as blunt, jaded or rude, but we have been around this block a ton of times in new communities and it gets old quickly. So excuse my tone, as I am not normally like this. :thumbup:

still no solid numbers for the pads, power has nothing to do with braking. being supercharged means you just get to a mph faster, but you're still stopping the exact same vehicle weight from the same speed.

Just because you can get to a MPH faster does not mean that you should not address the 100-0 or 60-0 problem that tends to arise when power is added. EVERYONE who has EVER turbo'd, S/C'd or added a ton of power to a car knows that brakes DEFINITELY need to be addressed shortly after. You tend to put more strain on the vehicle braking and suspension for sure (we call it the lead foot syndrome ;) ). You can not dispute that, which is where these pads come in to the playing field. If you do not feel that these are something you should persue, then please do not. I encourage you to explore all of your options and I can assure you that these for a hard DD car: N/A, turbo or S/C will be more than adequate.

These pads have taken a beating on a few 600whp+ C5s and C6s we have put them on and we are receiving write up from Corvette Fever for the stellar results. The same compound is on every app we encompass, which is not much for the time, but the following: C5, C6, tC, xA/xB, Civic, Yaris, IS300 and Cobalt SS/IRL.

Furthermore, I think that us being asked to participate in a full road race tC with Don Gartner and several other names shows some further credibility:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=161507

Dezod
02-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Actually, Dezod's been around. Do your homework.

That is correct. Since 01 baby!

CASTREX
06-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Are the pads back in stock???

OxyG3nE
06-05-2007, 07:39 PM
i know nothing about brake.. but these pad will brake more than the stock one? and it will help to have the disk also?

ChinoCharles
06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
The pads are awesome. I've had them for a good while now and absolutely no complaints. No extra noise or dust, just more stopping power.

OxyG3nE
06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
thanks :) i think ill get a set .. but i dont know if its better with the disk

Blenjar
06-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Yea hahah funn thing..im starting to hear sqweaking with my breaks...heard it twice.

I was thinking f the R1 on ebay but these breaks smell and taste good..

I have same questions as Oxigene...

-- Blen

ChinoCharles
06-05-2007, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't suggest cross drilled rotors for this particular car, but I think a set of slotted rotors from Dezod would grip very well with these pads. Of course, there is only one way to find out. :cool:

Blenjar
06-05-2007, 11:58 PM
What's the differences between the two?
picture is preferred.

-- Blen

07typeS
06-06-2007, 12:19 AM
i just ordered my pads from dezod and have r1 cross drilled/slotterd rotors sitting in my bedroom....

stay tuned lol.....

Blenjar
06-06-2007, 12:21 AM
thats what like..

Let me know dude.
The cross drilled, how does it look like? sexy!?

-- Blen

Dezod
06-06-2007, 12:39 AM
What's the differences between the two?
picture is preferred.

-- Blen

http://www.stoptech.com/img/sportstop.jpg
Slotted on top, cross on bottom

Are the pads back in stock???

Yes sir.

Blenjar
06-06-2007, 12:52 AM
I see...

when you buy the pair, does it come with the pads also?

Denzo brakes are 210 + 51 pads
R1 brakes are well 259 (including pads). That's there most expensive pkg, its cross and slotted.

I dunno but front hte look of this, the R1 seems to be a better pkg plus the drill.
do sumthin to change my mind.
http://www.dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_front.cfm
http://www.dezod.com/pd_ffc.cfm

http://store.r1concepts.com/Items/bo%20front%20premium%20pkg%20221?

-- Blen

cali yaris
06-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Dezod pads ordered, Paul is always great with advice and I am supporting our vendor.

Blenjar
06-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Who;s paul?

-- Blen

davembfan
07-01-2007, 02:37 AM
[QUOTE=Dezod;57314] I can assure you that our 4-5 appearences in Corvette Fever, Modified Mag, Honda Tuning and soon TPR Mag prove we are just nobodies who like to rip off the consumers and know nothing about performance automotive. :wink:

Did anyone else notice he just said that all that stuff proves THEY ARE just nobodies lol? Thought that was kinda funny

jdium
07-01-2007, 03:17 AM
I can assure you that our 4-5 appearences in Corvette Fever, Modified Mag, Honda Tuning and soon TPR Mag prove we are just nobodies who like to rip off the consumers and know nothing about performance automotive. :wink:

Did anyone else notice he just said that all that stuff proves THEY ARE just nobodies lol? Thought that was kinda funny

Noticed that, then noticed the "wink" smiley...sarcasm is hard to pick up sometimes :rolleyes:

Dezod
07-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah sarcasm is my best weapon sometimes.