PDA

View Full Version : Are SE owners getting their wheels and cruise control . . .

woof
01-27-2012, 01:11 AM
included as part of the package price? I live in Gulf States district and it seems the cruise is an option outside the SE package and wheels too.

They pull some bad stuff. Just curious.

:cool:

A1an
01-27-2012, 07:28 AM
SE is inclusive of wheels and cruise control (among other things). The dealer you are speaking with must not be looking at the SE trim level or something.

Still Learning
01-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Direct the saleman to the Toyota web site where it CLEARLY states that the SE comes with cruise and 16" alloy wheels.

A1an
01-27-2012, 12:06 PM
It is also in the brochure on the shelf at the dealership.

Scubaru Steve
01-27-2012, 01:45 PM
mine came with the alloys and cruise.

stuart_f
01-27-2012, 03:21 PM
For those that have the cruise control, does the control stalk come out of a small flap on the back of the wheel? As seen in this pic.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg145/motoman540/Yaris%20Cruise%20Control/P1020032.jpg

If it does, is there an alternative cut-out that goes in place of the blanking piece at the base of the stalk?

Pictures of a standard install would be awesome :P

Reason for asking is that if I go ahead with the OEM install on a European Yaris where cruise is not an option, I'd want to buy the correct blanking plate to finish the job properly.

Scubaru Steve
01-27-2012, 03:58 PM
its on the steering wheel, i can get pictures later, the cruise is a lever assembly that moves rather that the 3 button tree branch that doesn't move in previous years.

CTScott
01-27-2012, 04:27 PM
For those that have the cruise control, does the control stalk come out of a small flap on the back of the wheel? As seen in this pic.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg145/motoman540/Yaris%20Cruise%20Control/P1020032.jpg

If it does, is there an alternative cut-out that goes in place of the blanking piece at the base of the stalk?

Pictures of a standard install would be awesome :P

Reason for asking is that if I go ahead with the OEM install on a European Yaris where cruise is not an option, I'd want to buy the correct blanking plate to finish the job properly.

Some of the 3rd generation European Yaris are available with cruise control. I am not sure in what countries though. The same OEM cruise control stalk that worked for the US/Canada Yaris from 2006 to 2011 works with the 3rd generation European Yaris. I shipped a couple of cruise control stalks to a person from South Africa that had a French built 2012 and he was able to install it and immediately have cruise control. His Yaris did also have the instrument cluster with the cruise control symbols built in (shining a flashlight over the cluster let him see before hand that the symbols were there and as soon as he installed the stalk they lit up when cruise was turned on).

Another person on here, I believe from Finland, checked on his and his cluster did not have the symbols.

The plastic piece that gets replaced when cruise control is installed is called the Cover, Steering Wheel, Lower No. 2. The part number for the one with the hole in it is: 45186-0D030-C0