12 yaris
02-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Chocolate World?

catliektheif
02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes!

vadr45
03-02-2012, 09:11 PM
So far we have Leesburg, VA, Alexandria, VA and York, PA. Not much of a collection but pretty widespread. I go through this sort of decision with my antique British car groups - most want to travel no more than 20 miles from home to meets, but (by contrast) we have super cars compared to my 1950 Austin. We can go anywhere.

I'll go to Leesburg (good food); I'd go to York (but why bother?); I'll go to Lancaster (good food, great hotel, fun place); I won't go to Hershey 'cause chocolate gives me zits; what about Gettysburg (history)? Or a weekend tour of Frank Lloyd Wright houses out near Uniontown, PA (Kultur)? Or a hill climb up to Monterey in Highland County, VA (Mountains & fresh air)?

If we're going to get together and show off our rice burners, let's do it some place interesting so we can get our girlfriends to come along.

12 yaris
03-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Free to good home one male Yaris owner,housebroken,good with kids,will listen,
all shots,likes car rides and car shows,willing to relocate.
Interested female Yaris owner reply.

vadr45
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Okay, 12yaris, you've made your point, the sentence should have read (in pertinent part), "...so we can get our significant others and portable children to come along".

Nevertheless, I've never found anything to love about York. But I'm willing to listen to reasoned argument.

12 yaris
03-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Really not much to say about York,Pa.,guess it's like any place else.
The reason I posted this was,I miss car shows,and I miss my wife
who passed away two years ago. I have three step kids who are on there
own and a grandson who just turned two.
So why not post this?
I don't have anything too lose.
We used to enjoy bringing awards home,had plenty of them.

catliektheif
03-03-2012, 03:21 PM
what

12 yaris
03-03-2012, 03:30 PM
What?

vadr45
03-03-2012, 05:45 PM
So, what is fun about car shows is yakking with the other owners about what they're hanging on their cars and what they'll do next and how much money they can get their significant other to cough up toward the paint job. But that only goes so far with modern cars. When you're staring at a four-banger that was built 62 years ago, there's a little more to say that when it's a rice eater built last year.

For that reason, I would propose that when we get together, it should be at a place where there are other things to do - the Lancaster Market or the Gettysburg battlefield or Ball's Bluff Battlefield near Leesburg. 12yaris should be able to bring his 2-year-old grandson; I should be able to entice Madame. Since no one is giving out prizes, the locale should be fun.

Does anyone have a date in mind?

12 yaris
03-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Awards really do not mean anything to me anymore.
It's too bad you can't find anything entertaining about York.
There is alot of good people and places here.
I had some british cars also in my time(Home before dark). I wish you luck with yours.
I also had cars that were much older than yours such as a '25 Model T,
that was as nice as my NEW Yaris,(Just alot more primative). As far as my
significant other, I used my own Money and gave her the enjoyment of taking
home the awards.(My wife who never attended shows before we met found
that it was fun,and relaxing to do things together).

vadr45
03-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Yes, I've found that even at the British Car Shows, the prizes generally goto the most expensive or the most novel cars. I had a bright yellow Morris Minor that used to win in its class because of its color, not because I took good care of it.

But Madame didn't like the Morris, so I went to shows alone. Now she loves the Austin to the extent that she'll actually work on it (the interior) and I get company. Since it is the only Hampshire Saloon in the US (that I know of) we'll likely win a few novelty prizes for the first couple of years.

Your own money? What is this thing called "own money"? My household is run like the US Department of the Treasury - everything goes into the General Fund.