PDA

View Full Version : Headrest Question

Shroomster
04-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Ok so some of you might find this silly, others will find it practical.

What I want to know is this:

Will the 07-11 (second gen) yaris hatchback rear seat head rests fit the third gen (12-up)?

I know the configuration is the same (small middle headrest with two normal on sides), but the styling is different (second gen slide/fold into the seat back while the third gen are stationary above the seat back).

I'd think it'd be a great mod (if I do get a new yaris at some point) to swap the rear headrests out for the sake of visibility.

kimona
04-02-2012, 01:05 AM
I think it's a good question... and it would be a great mod if it works.

Shroomster
08-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Bump.....for obvious reason......

kimona
06-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Hmmm... did anyone try this yet?

Will the 2nd generation rear seat headrests fit the 3rd generation?

ern-diz
06-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Jason sold the front seats from the 3rd gen he's building out and said they would bolt right into the 2nd gen rails, so there is some standardization from 2nd to 3rd gen.

He said he tossed a bunch of other parts from the bed of his truck into a dumpster when he needed to haul other things, which may have included the rear seats and head rests. Would have been a perfect opp to try it out.

nookandcrannycar
06-05-2015, 11:28 PM
:laugh: If this had been bumped a few weeks ago, I would have been 'on the lookout' to pull that box and answer this question. I had seven storage units in the same complex here in California. The complex is on a hill, and some moving vans have gotten stuck trying to reach any one but the bottom level. Although this complex provides great service, they are in a somewhat upscale area and, although competitive within that city, it is not worth paying so much extra unless you'd be accessing the space or spaces almost every day. I found a place about 12 miles away in a flat, but almost equal area for half the cost (temporary step before hiring a mover). I've been moving some boxes without going through them, have been donating some furniture, and (before the onsite donation option started) actually broke some furniture apart, put the residue in my '14 Yaris, and took that (multiple trips) to to the dump. I've got one more space left to move out of at the old storage complex. I'm using the new complex's van/truck for things that won't fit in my Yaris. I remember moving the box with my 2nd Gen headrests inside, but didn't know to be 'on the lookout' :biggrin:. One of the next things I'm going to do is pull the boxes out of each new space and weigh the ones I haven't yet weighed (better to know this re moving quotes). I'll come across the 2nd Gen headrests box again. When I do, I'll post to this thread with the answer to this question...if the question has not already been answered :smile:.