PDA

View Full Version : tire pressure monitor in the 2012 yaris??

CPALK719
04-04-2012, 03:02 PM
i was enquiring about getting some new wheels for my 12 yaris, and the gentleman whom i spoke to from tirerack, claims we have a tire pressure monitoring system on our cars??? is this true?? i would not have thought that especially for a yaris. any info would be of great help thanks guys :thumbsup:

skuzzlebutt5
04-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I have them on my SE... Pretty sure even the base L model has it too... Yep, I just checked.

CanIHazYarisHatch?
04-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Yep, they are on the Yaris.

I had mine reprogrammed today when my alloys were installed.

CPALK719
04-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Yep, they are on the Yaris.

I had mine reprogrammed today when my alloys were installed.

would the oem ones be able to be reused on another set of wheels? after checking the prices on tirerack for a new set they go for about almost $400 dollars.

skuzzlebutt5
04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
... almost $400 dollars.

:bs:

CanIHazYarisHatch?
04-04-2012, 04:36 PM
would the oem ones be able to be reused on another set of wheels? after checking the prices on tirerack for a new set they go for about almost $400 dollars.

The dealership installed mine from my old steelies on my new alloys, no problem.

Then again, my alloys are Toyota OEM wheels. I don't know if that makes any difference...

Billiam
04-04-2012, 05:39 PM
In most cases the OEM sensors can be re-used in aftermarket wheels. However, you most certainly need to replace the seals or risk a leak. The seals can be bought as part of a rebuild kit or just by themselves quite cheaply at the dealer. Just hand them to your local tire shop guy and ask him to replace them when he pulls the sensors. Takes seconds for him to do so.

CPALK719
04-04-2012, 05:51 PM
In most cases the OEM sensors can be re-used in aftermarket wheels. However, you most certainly need to replace the seals or risk a leak. The seals can be bought as part of a rebuild kit or just by themselves quite cheaply at the dealer. Just hand them to your local tire shop guy and ask him to replace them when he pulls the sensors. Takes seconds for him to do so.

ahh ok, sounds good. because $400 dollars for another set sounds ridiculous.

Billiam
04-04-2012, 06:00 PM
ahh ok, sounds good. because $400 dollars for another set sounds ridiculous.
Agreed. But for the record the price on OEM sensors has come way down. You can pick up a set of Pacific OE sensors for about $100. There all over ebay.

skuzzlebutt5
04-04-2012, 06:59 PM
do you know anything about orange electronic tpms?

CPALK719
04-07-2012, 05:06 PM
spoke to a very reputable wheel/tire/suspension shop, which i have been taking my evo and del sol for awhile. they told me we can reuse the stock tpms for the new wheels. so thats good !!!!

im continplating on getting some new wheels pretty soon.