PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some wrench help

why?
04-13-2012, 07:32 PM
So I just bought a set of megan coilovers, which look totally awesome and instead of paying someone else to install them I would love to do it myself. However I know I don't have either the ability or the tools to do it on my own, so I am looking to see if I can find someone locally who is willing to give me some time, tools, and knowledge and look over my shoulder so I can do it myself and know I won't end up in the hospital. Willing to buy beer, food, or whatever. Really just want to take the first step of learning how to do this crap and I can't ever seem to find anyone local, i think they all are hiding from me because I know they exist.

seth_man
04-15-2012, 01:25 PM
your welcome to come buy my shop and do it, pleanty of tools, knowlege and experience, i cant let you tie up a lift but i have jack and tons of stands, down side is you would have to drive to cranston ri.

derickveliz2
04-26-2012, 01:45 AM
your welcome to come buy my shop and do it, pleanty of tools, knowlege and experience, i cant let you tie up a lift but i have jack and tons of stands, down side is you would have to drive to cranston ri.

Hey that's very nice!

Where were you when I need help? just kidding.

I cross RI once a week, at least I know where to look for help, just in case!

D.

seth_man
04-26-2012, 05:11 PM
im always here, always willing to lend a hand to fellow car nuts

why?
05-04-2012, 05:21 PM
that is awesome, thank you for the offer. I took one look at the very disassembled set of coilovers, i figured maybe 3 or 4 pieces, and instead I got what seems like a couple dozen. I figure this isn't the best option for someone with zero ability either mechanically or any other tool type of work to start on. The last few times I came into contact with industrial type tools I ended up bleeding a lot and in the emergency room.

RI isn't that far, I worked in Fall River for almost a year, and went to school in N Dartmouth.

hey if your shop is ever looking for a cashier/ office manager who wants to learn everything there is to know about the mechanical ins and outs of cars give me a shout. I have a very nice office/managerial type of resume. So far though no one I've talked to has bought that line. They want people with industry experience.

derickveliz2
05-19-2012, 11:56 PM
im always here, always willing to lend a hand to fellow car nuts

What's your address, I would stop by one day just to say "Hi"

D.

seth_man
05-21-2012, 09:19 AM
SpeeDee Oil Change & Automotive Services
380 Atwood Ave.
Cranston, RI 02920
401-946-6888

All Are Welcome