PDA

View Full Version : satellite radio in 2012 L model?

CPALK719
04-30-2012, 09:00 PM
curiousity has anyone installed satellite radio into their L model? yes i know you can buy an aftermarket satellite radio receiver, and it just sticks onto the windshield, but i was wondering whether the stock L model radio somehow just use an attachment via the factory stereo to listen to satellite radio?

mirapatec
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
I have an iPhone. What I did was to to plug in my Apple cable to the USB cable from the outlet to my iPhone. I now have all my sattelite radio, as well as all my music, available via the radio interface.

If you do not have an iPhone, you can do the same thing with a phone or MP3 player plugged in with a cable. I have done this with a friend's phone.

You can also plug in a USB drive with all your music on it. I have not tried this as yet.

CPALK719
01-30-2013, 09:17 PM
I have an iPhone. What I did was to to plug in my Apple cable to the USB cable from the outlet to my iPhone. I now have all my sattelite radio, as well as all my music, available via the radio interface.

If you do not have an iPhone, you can do the same thing with a phone or MP3 player plugged in with a cable. I have done this with a friend's phone.

You can also plug in a USB drive with all your music on it. I have not tried this as yet.

i figured that much, i just use my ipod with the ipod wire. only thing if i were to connect my galaxy s3 and use it for music im sure it would run through my small 200 mg of data lol