PDA

View Full Version : TRD HEADER

ROCKLANDTOYOTA
02-19-2007, 07:29 PM
ANYONE else researching this one out??? i called TRD in cali today on behalf of the dealership and was told certain "HARD" parts can be sourced for purchase.( hard meaning mechanical)so far ive managed to get a part number and a site.http://www.trdparts.jp/english/list_new-vitz.html
part number 17100-np900 what does everyone think????

Chris07LB
02-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Never seen anything on the TRD Header.. Id stick with the tried and true Megan Racing Header, or the new Weapon Header that will be out soon.

Violin
02-20-2007, 11:03 AM
japanparts.com has it for $841.07 US + delivery + surcharge.

It's a 4-1 design.

I'll pass.

Chris07LB
02-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Booooo on that. :thumbdown:

nevermorez
02-20-2007, 02:31 PM
That's just crazy! +1

ROCKLANDTOYOTA
02-20-2007, 05:03 PM
i know its expensive but i get things at dealer cost...... im gonna get it!!!!

Go4th
02-20-2007, 06:52 PM
i know its expensive but i get things at dealer cost...... im gonna get it!!!!

What is the dealer cost?

Galavoxx
02-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Seriously!!! The price is insane. I'm really starting to want the Megan. What ever happened with that damn Dyno run?

uncleyaris
02-20-2007, 10:36 PM
when it comes to hearing 4 into 1, i think of gsxr 750, suzuki. boyz this is a car, lol

uncleyaris
02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
forgive me i'm turning into chino...:)

FlintArrow
02-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Hmm, I think it looks great.

I have a TRD JDM header on my 2000 MR2 Spyder that cost $900 and I caught alot of grief with people saying it was a waste of cash, there are more powerful options, etc.

All I know is I dont have any check engine lights and it has some of the nicest welds I have ever seen.

There are probably more cost effective options on Ebay but you get what you pay for.

Chris07LB
02-23-2007, 06:04 AM
FYI - Megan's Header doesnt throw any codes either, and has some pretty nice welds if I must say so.. whatever our GB price was, ($190 SHIPPED) it is a nice improvement.

mikeukrainetz
02-23-2007, 09:46 AM
thats an excellent flange on that megan header def. no warping on that one.

I agree $900 for a header, wtf? is it titanium or something or is it mostly shipping and markup?

Violin
02-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Comparing the price on the TRD muffler through japanparts.com and what it cost through a dealership in the US, I'd guess that the TRD header would be much cheaper if it were available here.

Toyota should get a bunch of Vitz/Yaris parts over here - they're really missing the boat.

ChinoCharles
02-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, they suck

Toyota... TRD LSD and final gear set in the states NOW!

magoo_lc1
02-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Talk to the honda boys paying at least that for a mugen or spoon. Sometimes its just for good ole bragging rights.

Chris07LB
02-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Sometimes its just for good ole bragging rights.

Id rather "brag" i got something as good or better for less coin.

magoo_lc1
02-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I dont disagree with you in the least

FlintArrow
02-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Makes sense, buy a 10k car go cheap on everything else. Might as well get some ebay springs and keep the stock struts too.

Megan Racing makes some GREAT stuff but TRD Japan is the holy grail. Anyone who justifies otherwise is just trying to save a buck and feel good about it.

Sorry dont mean to be crushin dreams here, but lets get real.

When it comes to my mods I get whatever the hell I want and dont justify with price. At some point your gonna have to justify your mod list and if savings is the only reason you look like a real tool. :clap:

IMO, the Megan racing header looks great and will probably net the same gains as the TRD unit. The TRD is stainless and more than likely the Megan is too. Thermal qualities, flow, and build quality should be on part so that is my reasoning. Plus your supporting a Yarisworld vendor.

See, that wasnt too hard. :wink:

ChinoCharles
02-25-2007, 01:34 AM
Makes sense, buy a 10k car go cheap on everything else. Might as well get some ebay springs and keep the stock struts too.

Megan Racing makes some GREAT stuff but TRD Japan is the holy grail. Anyone who justifies otherwise is just trying to save a buck and feel good about it.

Sorry dont mean to be crushin dreams here, but lets get real.

When it comes to my mods I get whatever the hell I want and dont justify with price. At some point your gonna have to justify your mod list and if savings is the only reason you look like a real tool. :clap:

IMO, the Megan racing header looks great and will probably net the same gains as the TRD unit. The TRD is stainless and more than likely the Megan is too. Thermal qualities, flow, and build quality should be on part so that is my reasoning. Plus your supporting a Yarisworld vendor.

See, that wasnt too hard. :wink:

I want to be on what he's on. :smoking:

FlintArrow
02-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Haha! Its good stuff. :biggrin:

Then again, you have the TRD suspension. :thumbsup:

I think $800 for a header is a INSANE amount of cash (especially when competitor rings in a 4th of the price). Buget should DEFINITELY come into play when planning mods. I am not a brand-name poser who pays the $200 for a Mugen oil cap...I do know that some items are very well made though and worth considering from a design perspective. This is a performance forum and that should be considered with price taken into consideration (not as a replacement for quality).

If the Megan Racing unit gives nice gains and hasnt cracked/given CEL's then I say go for it. Is it a better unit for power than the TRD...maybe? Is the quality on par...maybe? Until we have a substantial review of something more than a jpeg lets not shoot the expensive one down w/o a chance.

Performance/functionality first, price second. Doing it twice is more expensive than once.

This is a performance section, not a "look at all the trick modz I have" section.

FlintArrow
02-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, they suck

Toyota... TRD LSD and final gear set in the states NOW!

*cough* *cough*

http://www.autotech.com/quaife/index2.htm

For an extra couple hundred you can probably pop the Quaife in (works with the celica/mr-s) and get a lifetime warranty on the best helical LSD on the planet. TRD helical is probably fine but w/o tests on its durability I would rather spend the coin and know you have the better reputation in your transaxle.

PS: When helical LSD's actually break they usually do huge damage compared to clutch-types that just burn clutch plates. This usually happens when three-wheeling around a corner and winding it up...when the 4th wheel lands *BOOM!*. A classic Torsen OEM "whoopsie". :eyebulge:

As for the final gear set you can always replace close ratio 1-5 with a set from Techno Pro Spirts for about $800. Then you can say goodbye to the nice freeway mileage and probably get some nasty gear whine. Thats a good and a bad thing.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tp-spirit.co.jp/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtechno%2Bpro%2Bspirit%26hl%3Den%26sa% 3DX