PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player crashes sound system

mtiberio
05-13-2012, 06:58 AM
I've had my 2012 Yaris for 3 weeks, and a handful of times, while listening to MP3 files on a USB thumb drive, the system will shut off. When I turn it back on, it is in AM mode, which tells me the computer crashed, and lost its volatile memory. This only happens between songs, never during, so (as a software developer) I wonder if the file searching app has a bug.

Any other experiences?

Back to the dealer? UGG...

auxmike
05-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Do a demo of the failure and make them give you a new head unit. There's no good reason you should have to mess around with a brand new car. That's why you buy new so you don't need to screw around with this kind of thing...

mtiberio
05-14-2012, 03:05 PM
the problem is intermittent, doesn't happen all the time. the worst problem to get a dealer to own up to under warranty...

why?
05-16-2012, 12:00 PM
get a video of it happening then. Any decent dealer will believe what you say if you treat them respectfully.

Greenbean
05-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Have you tried formatting the HD?

Is it a particular song or doesn't matter,

Just curious,

makes me wonder what the classification of the files are that the head unit recognizes.

Like on an Android as long as the mp3 is in a "ringtones" forlder the phone recognizes it.

mtiberio
05-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I have formatted it, but can do it again. 6 GB is a lot of files. I set it up quite flat, with 4 basic folders (folk, rock, jazz, zappa). Doesn't crash on any particular song, but always between songs. Manual says it will go 100 folders deep. Not my issue...

Greenbean
05-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Cool, just curious, thanks. :)