PDA

View Full Version : Hub Caps??

barryware
02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Don't flame me but I am looking for:

The doo-dads that cover just the center hole in the stock steel wheels.

The stock wheel covers suck and my Yaris has chrome lug nuts so I want to trash the wheel covers and just use the steel wheels. I want the doo-dad that covers just the center hole.

In a previous life, I had a car like that. It was just a plastic piece that clipped into the center hole.

Can't find anything when searching the net. Everything I search for, all I find are wheel covers and if I do find center caps or covers, they are usually what you would find on a pick up truck that used trim rings and the center cap also covers the lug nuts.

You guys know what I am talking about? Know anywhere to get'em?

largeorangefont
02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
You might be able to use the ones off of 7-10 year old base corollas. They used steel wheels with center caps as opposed to full hubcaps.

sam07yaris
02-22-2007, 06:03 PM
if u dont want ur hubcaps no more, send them to me!

Chris07LB
02-23-2007, 06:12 AM
NAPA Auto Parts - Trailer wheel hub dust cap. Its what all the Scion guys running their steelies, like me, have done to "cap off" the front and rear centers.

mikeukrainetz
02-23-2007, 09:50 AM
that would work great for the problem I posted up.
I still have my covers if anyone wants them, the guy that wanted them didnt get back to me.
I am giving them away, just pay shipping, theyre already in a box and I think it was like $25 can. to ship to mid US.

blacksan
04-14-2007, 05:32 PM
NAPA Auto Parts - Trailer wheel hub dust cap. Its what all the Scion guys running their steelies, like me, have done to "cap off" the front and rear centers.

Do you have a pic of that mod handy? I was thinking about spun aluminum baby moons myself.

graywolf_14
04-15-2007, 11:34 AM
I thought about just putting some 225/50/15's and using this bronze rim paint I seen on the hubcaps.