PDA

View Full Version : Yaris Rules

HTM Yaris
02-24-2007, 04:50 PM
My Yaris took 1st place today in HS :)

Kaotic Lazagna
02-24-2007, 07:17 PM
nice, good job. yeah, for all the people that think Yarii are slow! lol...

Boo
02-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Isn't it the SSR-Comp? how do you like it? How heavy when you compare with the 15 steel wheels.

eco
02-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I hope you plan on lowering it,think about better handling,if not,think about everybody else,and what they think "4x4"

largeorangefont
02-25-2007, 12:10 AM
I hope you plan on lowering it,think about better handling,if not,think about everybody else,and what they think "4x4"

I believe lowering the car would put him in another class. Not good.

HTM Yaris
02-25-2007, 01:31 PM
I always use SSR wheels for my cars . The 16x7 weighs 11.2 lbs . Don't know what the 15" steelies weigh , I read 33 lbs. .....? The tires are 205/45/16 Hoosier A6 . You can definately feel the weight difference while you are driving . The car is quicker .

One has to ask themselves , which is more embarassing , riding in a 4x4 egg , or getting beat by a 4x4 egg :) .....

One of the reasons I got the Yaris was to to help bring more GIRLIES to our wonderful sport . It seems to be working :) the first time I take a chick for a ride , they are like "awww its so cute" . Then when I negotiate the series of turns , they are like " DAMN , how much did you pay for this " .

The only mods I have done are as follows . Vitz/Netz badges , grounding kit ,shorty antennae and Hoosiers . I have fog lights (wait till you see what I've done to my fog lights , I suspect they will become standard issue on the Yaris ) and some Konig feathers in Gold ( they will be here on Tuesday from C2auto ) . Oh yeah , I have some TRD shocks on the way from Sparks Toyota .

I beat everybody in FSP also .........I expect to see alot more "Yari" on the tracks around here . SOON , very soon :)

Under the regional forums (Southeastern)I posted a post called "Midnight Sun" . This will be where we have fun @ midnight in the GA , Tenn , NC , and SC Mountains . WE (High Tach Motorsports) have midnight meetings on the mountain tops . We try to be secrative about so that the po po don't ruin our fun . I understand the po po to read these forums . So when I post a meeting time and place , EXPECT it to change @ the last minute . I will NOT post the change . It will be verbal . I hope to meet all of you :)

ChinoCharles
02-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Lets see these fogs!

magoo_lc1
02-25-2007, 08:00 PM
If you do drop it what class would it be in?

HTM Yaris
02-25-2007, 09:04 PM
The Yaris would be in FSP . It could also be in SM I believe . I have'nt looked past FSP to tell the truth .

I will show the fogs next week when I get the wheels .

evilreign
02-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Congrats!

Thirty-Nine
02-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Very awesome!

I would've thought the gearing in the Yaris would've been too tall for autox (like my old 2000 Civic). However, it appears to be pretty good, eh?

kngrsll
02-27-2007, 10:25 AM
good job DJ... id like to try and autox mine, but i have to wait till i finish school. being poor and in school is sad :(

St_G
02-27-2007, 03:23 PM
TRD shocks without the TRD springs? I was told by someone here that that was a bad idea...but with the number of conflicting self-appointed experts around, I really have no idea...

HTM Yaris
02-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I think the TRD shocks will be fine with stock springs . People have been doing it for years in the stock SCCA classes . I just think the rebound will be a little quicker . I will definately let you know next week :)

Ken , R U ready for Saluda :) I'm itchin :)

NepsGD3
03-07-2007, 07:02 PM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/neps107/dipping2.jpg

hey guys whats up...i dont have a Yaris maybe the sole enemy which is the Honda Fit, but i am not here to be a troll. i was interested in seeing if anyone has been autoxing theirs and just happen to be right. I am STS class since i am lowered and have F/R strut bars on mine...i started in the STS class and have placed 5th and 6th out of the 10-11 that are in my class...it is real competative in that class, but i am beating alot of cars that should be faster. There is a guy that rules H-stock here in a EF civic. He is a good driver + those slicks he has on really help in grip...i really think that both the Fit and Yaris have good potential for STS if the set-up is right and the driver is good and experienced...i have had alot of compliments of my driving